How long..

General Discussion
How long does is it going to take for me to get a full set of Primal Ancient gear on just one char? Ball park number? I've had about 10 primals drop and I can't use a single one of them, so what's the deal? 3 months? 6? A year?

Gimme a !@#$ing number.
Ball Park... Hopefully before you can start collecting Old Age Pension, but don't count on it! If you are already collecting it don't get your hopes up! ;)
Yea i'm sure i'll be in the coffin like "hold up, one last GR..."
If you are talking Seasonal it will never happen. I'm not sure somebody even botting 23.5 hours a day would ever get that.

Non-Seasonal? No clue but it would be theoretically possible. Best bet would be to run with a group of friends all running the same class.
But there's no loot hunt in this game, right?
03/14/2019 12:54 PMPosted by Palpapally
How long does is it going to take for me to get a full set of Primal Ancient gear on just one char? Ball park number? I've had about 10 primals drop and I can't use a single one of them, so what's the deal? 3 months? 6? A year?

Gimme a !@#$ing number.

Ballpark number for all 13 pieces to be primal? About 1300 days. Between 4 to 5 years

How did I get this number? I took an average of about 5 pieces drop a day (only counting items that we use for a build, not total items drop). Found the average number of total drops needed for 13 primals (13*500 = 6500). So I divided 6500 total drops needed by 5 drops a day to get 1300 days.

Of course this is strictly a ballpark number and play time per day and RNG will change it

Do you play a lot per day and average more than 5 drops for the items you look for? I'd guess about 250 days for a constant player that can average 30 items per day
I just ran 100 HF amulets and needed the entire 1000 Forgotten Souls so it was collection time to get them all. within the 800+ items and the 100 amulets I got zero primals. This is not the first time I have done this and got no primals and it probably wont be the last.

Keep at the idea of a full primal char. I am slowly working on a NS one myself (not chasing Leaderboards or Seasons)
This Jeff ( https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/McCloud-1547/hero/94475959 ), not to mix it up with those other Jeffs, has 4 (5 if you count the ring I slapped on Doug the Templar). About 350 hours on that dude after I had all Ancients. Ballpark, maybe 450-500 hours / 5 Primals for me.

So that means it should take ~1,650 hours per character solo to get Go Full Primal... and we all know you should never Go Full Primal.
03/14/2019 01:25 PMPosted by spacecadet13
But there's no loot hunt in this game, right?
if that's what you consider loot hunting, i feel sorry for you.
One year of 8 hours a day.

There's a number.
Cool. Uninstalled.
03/14/2019 02:34 PMPosted by Palpapally
Cool. Uninstalled.

LOL I need to work for my gear not have it given out like Candy in WoW. So therefore im uninstalling... HAHAHAHAH
Full primal = scoring cosmic wings and actually flying
Could be a very long time. I guess it's somewhere between 0.25 and 1% chance to get a primal. (from this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759485951)

Best-case scenario is it's 1%, which means every ten ancients is a primal. That means it'll take 10x as long as it takes you to get a full set of regular gear, because remember, most of the ones you find that are even the legendaries you need are crap.

Also keep in mind that almost nobody has an ancient amulet because finding one with stats you'll use is a crapshoot. That means a true full set could take dozens of seasons.

Workst-case scenario is 40x... because that whole .25% thing.
Let's just say, it's gone to Plaid.

^_^
Depends on your luck with RNG, but why would you even have a full out decked character in primals?
why would you do that?
its better to grind paragon and it will give you reliable power
primal weapon is what really can be strong, other things are not that important imo
I am paragon 2900, my main character has 2 primals.
03/14/2019 02:34 PMPosted by Palpapally
Cool. Uninstalled.

Thanks for the laugh - now I need another cup of coffee.
The luckiest I've ever gotten, 2 useful primals in a season with another one that was the right piece of equipment but rolled worse than the ancient that I already had.
Worst luck, no useful primals for the length of the season.
Make of that what you will, but realistically, you will spend a lot of time farming for a full primal set. And I do mean A LOT.