Getting Disgusted With Greater Rifts

General Discussion
I don't know how all you guys are beating Lvl 70 Greater Rifts when I can't even get past Lvl 67 LOL. In almost a year of playing:

The game hasn't dropped any loot that actually improves my stats and I've depleted crafting mats several times trying to get better from Kanai's cube and the merchants.

In the Greater Rifts, Pylons are few and far between and when they do appear, they're usually Channeling or Speed pylons, which are useless when nearly ALL the enemies are throwing elemental attacks AND control-impairing effects at you SIMULTANEOUSLY and you can't even run away!

I must have burned through at least 1000 keystones in the last week or so trying.

Guys at Blizzard, if you're listening, lol, PLEASE either tone down on that crap in the Greater Rifts and increase the number of Shield and Conduit Pylons, increase the drop rates in battle and good roll rates at the Merchants for DECENT gear, or find some other way than Greater Rifts for the Primal Ancient gear to drop, because this has gone from challenging to impossible and it doesn't show any signs of getting better! I can't play this way.

Ok, rant over ,lol.

Jason
If your playing in the US and that profile is the only one you have, I know what the problem is...

None of your characters are using a six piece set in it's entirety. You got at least 2 that only have the 2 piece going of a six piece set.

Now there might be two reason for that...

One, you could have only found those two pieces for a specific set.

or Two, which is more likely, that you've found the pieces but decided to not use them and salvaged them.

Unfortunately, the game does punish you if you try to go your own way unless you go the Legacy of Nightmares set way, which requires ancients. Otherwise, it's 6 piece sets or nothing if you want to beat Greater Rift 70 or higher.

Just a heads up.
People are easily clearing GR100+ within weeks into the season, so if you spent a year gearing up a toon and still can't beat GR70, I'm afraid that you're doing something wrong.
I would suggest that you start by reading a build guide either in class-specific sections of the forum or on an external website (such as icyveins.com) and take it from there.

Looking at your toons, you are neither using the 6-item set bonus or LoN on most of them. On one, you combine LoN and another set, which defeats the purpose of having LoN. And those that have complete sets are not taking full advantage of them owing to poor choice of weapons and skills. Read some guides and I'm sure, you will be able to clear at least GR90 in no time.
Check online guides
https://www.diablofans.com/builds
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/
https://teambrg.com/category/diablo-3/general/

Web search "Diablo3 builds"

Check what others are using in-game and leaderboard
Diablo Reddit is another place to go
03/20/2019 12:49 PMPosted by JasoniusB
I don't know how all you guys are beating Lvl 70 Greater Rifts when I can't even get past Lvl 67 LOL.

Your Monk and Necro look fine to me. How come you can not get past tier 67? Have you activated "Elective Mode" from your gameplay options? You may need some tweaks at your builds if that's the case.

At the first glance I noticed your Monk using BotLG bracer and don't have Cyclone, switch your Wall of Light for Cyclone for instance. Read a few guides about Uliana Monks and you'll be fine. It's clear you need some key equipment here and there but it's not too bad to get past tier67 if you tweak your skill build.

Your Necromancer looks like a mess though. He would do better with Skeletal Mage with Singularity or Gift of Death rune instead of any kind of Bone Spear. Let along Command Skeleton instead of Command Golem, would come handy when cheat-death passive triggered for recovery.

I believe Decay Golem is way superior compared to other Golems when you have Moribund. Also it's never a complete Golem build without Golemskin Breeches, that's why Golem Necro generally build with LoN instead of traditional Sets. If you gonna go down that Golem way, I also suggest you to pick Commander of the Risen Dead passive, which anyone hardly uses for reducing Golem cooldown.
As for main damage dealer; Corpse Lance would deal more damage than Corpse Explosion could ever hope. Especially if you have place for Corpsewhisperer shoulders, if not Grasps of Essence is nice for utilizing Corpse Explosion and increasing its damage.

The game hasn't dropped any loot that actually improves my stats and I've depleted crafting mats several times trying to get better from Kanai's cube and the merchants.

Legendary powers are much more useful and powerful than plain stats for sheet damage. Also please take a look at guides and activate elective mode, also bind your mousewheel scroll up/down to Force Move while you're at it.

In the Greater Rifts, Pylons are few and far between

Pylon spawns are about your current progression. You only get to see 3 or so with each appearing about 25% progress intervals.

and when they do appear, they're usually Channeling or Speed pylons

Now you're just complaining, Channel and Speed pylons are best right after Damage and Conduit. People complain about Shield pylons but they're fine if you have Neph Glory buff or a way of mobility to find the next elite group.
lol, you can complete gr 70 with any set nowadays, probably you are using wrong skills or you don't are using the set property.

just use shift+L ingame and see the leaderboard profiles, right click in the ranking person and click "view character set/profile"

or search youtube videos for builds.
sites like https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/ are good to start too.
I'm actually playing two characters with complete sets. My Monk and my Necromancer. My big issue that just makes me want to give up, lol, is going into a GR and getting bottlenecked right at the entrance with 15 of something shooting/throwing something at me, jumping on me, or putting out arcane sentries all at once. When that happens, I have no way to dodge the attacks and if I try to fight through it and the enemy just happens to be one of the Reviled types or is putting out control impairing effects, I'm screwed.

03/20/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Idolis
If your playing in the US and that profile is the only one you have, I know what the problem is...

None of your characters are using a six piece set in it's entirety. You got at least 2 that only have the 2 piece going of a six piece set.

Now there might be two reason for that...

One, you could have only found those two pieces for a specific set.

or Two, which is more likely, that you've found the pieces but decided to not use them and salvaged them.

Unfortunately, the game does punish you if you try to go your own way unless you go the Legacy of Nightmares set way, which requires ancients. Otherwise, it's 6 piece sets or nothing if you want to beat Greater Rift 70 or higher.

Just a heads up.
My Monk and my Necromancer are both equipped with full sets. It isn't helping, lol.
03/20/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Pja
People are easily clearing GR100+ within weeks into the season, so if you spent a year gearing up a toon and still can't beat GR70, I'm afraid that you're doing something wrong.
I would suggest that you start by reading a build guide either in class-specific sections of the forum or on an external website (such as icyveins.com) and take it from there.

Looking at your toons, you are neither using the 6-item set bonus or LoN on most of them. On one, you combine LoN and another set, which defeats the purpose of having LoN. And those that have complete sets are not taking full advantage of them owing to poor choice of weapons and skills. Read some guides and I'm sure, you will be able to clear at least GR90 in no time.
Work on your Necro since it looks better than your Monk.

You are using some skills that do no synergise with the build.

Follow the guide:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-1-season-16

Use the cube to upgrade rares for the missing gear you need. Reroll some of your gear stats and you should be good to go.
Beat gr75 on a new character in a half hour of playtime past level 70. Maybe the problem is you aren't looking at the leaderboards and copying the flavor of the moment.
I don't know how all you guys are beating Lvl 70 Greater Rifts when I can't even get past Lvl 67 LOL. In almost a year of playing:

In the Greater Rifts, Pylons are few and far between and when they do appear, they're usually Channeling or Speed pylons, which are useless when nearly ALL the enemies are throwing elemental attacks AND control-impairing effects at you SIMULTANEOUSLY and you can't even run away!

I must have burned through at least 1000 keystones in the last week or so trying.

Guys at Blizzard, if you're listening, lol, PLEASE either tone down on that crap in the Greater Rifts and increase the number of Shield and Conduit Pylons, increase the drop rates in battle and good roll rates at the Merchants for DECENT gear, or find some other way than Greater Rifts for the Primal Ancient gear to drop, because this has gone from challenging to impossible and it doesn't show any signs of getting better! I can't play this way.

Ok, rant over ,lol.

Jason

Jason, the Inarius 6 piece set does you very little good if you're not focusing on bone armor for both offense and defense. Get rid of mages and replace them with blood rush metabolism. Bloodrush will get you past choke points so you can pick away at the enemies on the edge of the horde of monsters you have to fight sometimes. Add Stewarts Greaves and a RRoG. You'll keep the Inarius 6 piece bonus and add a bunch of movement speed every time you use bloodrush.

Find a wisdom of kalan ammy to give you 15 stacks of bone armor instead of the default 10 max from Inarius.

Trags Corroded Fang is a MUST for this build as is Reilena's Shadowhook in the cube.

Dayntee's Bindings and Parthan Defenders will damn near double your toughness.

While you're at it, get rid of corpse lance and replace it with devouring aura.

Oh hell... just look at my build. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Traveler-1226/hero/92205130 The passives there will help you too.

I've got arthritis and my mind isn't near as quick as it use to be, but that character rolls through 85's pretty easily if I pay attention and be careful. GR70 is the lowest GR I ever run with that Necro unless I'm leveling up Unique Gems. That setup is fast enough for a speed build with the RRoG and Steuarts.

Only run GR's that you can complete in 7 or 8 minutes. Even faster is better. You'll get looks at more gear running 2, 7 minute GR's than you will with 1, 14 minute GR. You'l get a buttload more bloodshards for Kadala that way too.

Hope it helps man.
I used a necro in season 16, geared and built the very same way and didn't have a problem clearing 70 before hitting 625 Para. I always play solo too, unless I'm PLing guys in my clan.
I don't know how all you guys are beating Lvl 70 Greater Rifts when I can't even get past Lvl 67 LOL. In almost a year of playing

Somewhere in the whole world, there must be a single, worst of the worst Diablo 3 player.
I’m guessing, it could be you.
03/21/2019 12:11 AMPosted by Evenstar
Somewhere in the whole world, there must be a single, worst of the worst Diablo 3 player.
I’m guessing, it could be you.

If you read the EU forums you'd know there's another very strong contender for this title that plays on the EU region.
03/21/2019 12:45 AMPosted by Meteorblade
If you read the EU forums you'd know there's another very strong contender for this title that plays on the EU region.

At least he has actually reached GR70 solo. Doesn't help his case though. Also he kicks people's heads in for trying to help him.

--

To the OP:
As others pointed out, look at some build guides. Grind some needed gear for a suitable build and change your skills to match. Just slapping some random items and skills together won't get you anywhere.
You have to read some guides and watch some builds played on youtube or something. I had this issue too, I liked the way I was playing my monk but for some reason my friends were doing better at reaching higher T level and GR. D3 wants you to play their playstyle, not your playstyle. You need to have builds that are in the top tiers. Not all builds are equal in this game, they force you to play certain builds in order to reach higher rifts. some builds are in Class A, some in Class B, some in Class C, so on and so on. You need to pick a build in Class A.

These days the builds you see in GR T13 games, its like:
60% DemonHunter Impale
10% Support Monk
10% Support Barb
20% Any other builds with anyother classes.

Am i the only one noticing this?
anyways, do some homework and you'll get there.
I don't know how all you guys are beating Lvl 70
Going past gr70 has always been an annoying freakin hump to get over for me too, so you're not alone. Sadly enough though, not all of sanctuary's hero's are blessed enough by RNGebus.. but at least everyone is unique =P
Just keep leveling/augmenting/sharding..

Ok, rant over ,lol.

Jason
If that's your gear for gr's on profiles ,I'm not surprised you can't do gr 45.
LOL GR 45 was a breeze! I didn't start having issues until I got into the 60s.
03/21/2019 10:55 AMPosted by FusRoDah

Ok, rant over ,lol.

Jason
If that's your gear for gr's on profiles ,I'm not surprised you can't do gr 45.