Lon Completely Ineffective at T15

General Discussion
So I have 12 out of 13 items Ancient, including one Primal, on a sort of Grenade, Rapid Fire, Sentry build. Doing 1.103 million sheet damage, with +59% Fire damage, which gives me 1.753 million elemental damage, and +95% Sentry damage.

So I am playing at T15, and this build is unable to kill anything effectively.

My base All Resist is 1141, the high is 1531 Fire resistance, with 1493 Poison resistance, and the remaining resistances around 1350. I have 885 million Maximum Life, and this results in a paltry 55.7 million Toughness, with 2.802 million Recovery.

But if one little spider hits me, it takes half of my Life, while I am pretty much unable to return the favor.

So I see this Legacy of Nightmares as a "fun build" situation, and for me at least won't be any good above T10, and it pretty closely resembles the build I would use to conquer The Thrill conquest.

On the other hand, I don't know how to put this LoN together with the right class, gear, and skills, to make it shine, nor would I probably be willing to do it.

All I know is that building it the way I want, with the gear and skills I want to use, pretty much sucks above T10 and GR45.
Update: the build also sucks at T13. On the other hand, in the same Rift, with my UE farming set, all I pretty much have to do is look at the monsters and they evaporate.

Just another instance where the ridiculous set bonuses ruin the game for anything besides.
The game is almost 7 years old and few people still play so why worry about it? I was bored and checked in on these forums for the heck of it. I spent 5500 hours playing and it was a blast but the game is dead unfortunately. The absurd Blizzcon announcement about a worthless mobile version (anybody that plays that has serious issues) should have been the final straw.

Try Grim Dawn, a new expansion pack was just released and it is incredibly fun. The build options alone put D3 to absolute shame.
So I have 12 out of 13 items Ancient, including one Primal, on a sort of Grenade, Rapid Fire, Sentry build. Doing 1.103 million sheet damage, with +59% Fire damage, which gives me 1.753 million elemental damage, and +95% Sentry damage.

So I am playing at T15, and this build is unable to kill anything effectively.

On the other hand, I don't know how to put this LoN together with the right class, gear, and skills, to make it shine, nor would I probably be willing to do it.

So you are complaining that your "build" isn't all that effective, even though your "build" is a sorta, kinda, mashup of skills and incorrect gear... Seriously bro? And then you go on to say you aren't even willing to learn how to make it work? What are you expecting? That you can throw any random ancient items together and crush t15 as if it was t13? That your cat should be able to do t15 with items it selected while chasing your mouse around the desk?

If you want to do well at "endgame" content, then it takes a little more thought... shouldn't that much be obvious?
Yea. LoN is only for a few builds. Most builds essentially have no buffs this season.
LoN varies depending on class, as you need very strong supporting legendary effects for it to outshine other builds.

Currently, LoN builds are better then sets for Wizard (Much stronger then Firebirds, and stronger then Tal'Rasha), Crusader (FAR stronger then Akkhans) and Barb (Stronger than IK).

All other classes have a "One-size fits all" set/build that is stronger than LoN, DH being one of them.
Get another 1000 paragons and you can pretty much anything work at T15
04/13/2019 10:43 PMPosted by FunkyMonk
So you are complaining that your "build" isn't all that effective, even though your "build" is a sorta, kinda, mashup of skills and incorrect gear... Seriously bro? And then you go on to say you aren't even willing to learn how to make it work? What are you expecting? That you can throw any random ancient items together and crush t15 as if it was t13?
Way to come out of the gate with your first post. Very helpful.

What I said was that I am not willing to learn to play the classes for which LoN is superior. Namely, as Frogspoison noted, Wizard, Barb, and Sader.

And also like he said, the Demon Hunter has four sets that will surpass LoN at T15, three that are endgame capable, and two there at the top of the pyramid. There's just no point in the Ancient only LoN set.

Finally, I didn't just throw random items together, there is a theme to the build with every item either buffing the skill I'm using, the elemental damage I'm using, or both. The problem is, no matter how finely I tune it, it's still crap above T10.

So I'm just using my UE farming build, which is much more satisfying, and much more durable. It's the build that you'll see on my live profile now (Deathmonger), as that's what I was playing when I logged out. Same exact build that I'm using on the PTR right now, and far better than any LoN set up I could come up with.

By the way, I am number 11 right now on the PTR hard-core Demon Hunter board. The competition is a little tougher on the live Season 16 board, where I'm number 544.
04/13/2019 09:45 PMPosted by Slamboney
All I know is that building it the way I want, with the gear and skills I want to use, pretty much sucks above T10 and GR45.

I tried something very similar on my DH and agree that the DH legendary options for LoN are not very exciting/damaging. With only a small handful of items getting buffs I can only surmise the devs want us to push for more build diversity with the existing top builds and not create new ones, given the lacklustre performance of the legendary items of non-meta builds.
04/13/2019 09:55 PMPosted by Bulvai
The game is almost 7 years old and few people still play so why worry about it? I was bored and checked in on these forums for the heck of it. I spent 5500 hours playing and it was a blast but the game is dead unfortunately. The absurd Blizzcon announcement about a worthless mobile version (anybody that plays that has serious issues) should have been the final straw.

Try Grim Dawn, a new expansion pack was just released and it is incredibly fun. The build options alone put D3 to absolute shame.

Grim Dawn with D3 classes mod is better D3 than D3. Poggers
I vaguely recall the DH's only notable LoN option being Strafe / Fan of Knives but that it's truly awful, even compared to DH set builds, let alone the powerhouse LoN builds some other classes have.

However, just because something isn't a top end build doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. This week on the PTR I've been playing a LoN Frenzy Thorns Barbarian. I know it's woefully underpowered compared to some other classes / builds and I don't care because it's something I've never played before and I'm having fun playing it. You remember fun, right? It's one of the reasons we're supposed to play.
04/14/2019 02:33 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I vaguely recall the DH's only notable LoN option being Strafe / Fan of Knives but that it's truly awful, even compared to DH set builds, let alone the powerhouse LoN builds some other classes have.

However, just because something isn't a top end build doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. This week on the PTR I've been playing a LoN Frenzy Thorns Barbarian. I know it's woefully underpowered compared to some other classes / builds and I don't care because it's something I've never played before and I'm having fun playing it. You remember fun, right? It's one of the reasons we're supposed to play.

And what are the chances you play that build outside of this week’s PTR?
04/14/2019 05:37 AMPosted by Orrion
And what are the chances you play that build outside of this week’s PTR?

The chances are 100% as that's what I'll play in S17. I've got plenty of non-seasonal heroes I can push with if I want to. These days I just play things I find fun, regardless of whether they're the most effective or not.
Yes, I agree with MB. A build doesn't have to be top-tier to be fun. I have a wizard that I set up as closely to the venerable CM as I could, and I play it just like that, but it again is only good for T6-T8. But it is fun.

The Lon Sentry/grenade/rapidfire build I have on the PTR is also great at T6-T10, and it's a lot of fun because it's unusual. I also have an elemental arrow/rapidfire build that is good only up to about T8, but it's fun.

Fun is why I have a lot of accounts, and why I like to level up new demon hunters just to delete them at level 70.

Like Meteorblade said, fun.

On another note, Blizzard is bound to look at what people are playing on the PTR, and they are bound to look at the leader boards to see what is high-performing.

When they see literally zero Lon builds on the leaderboard, except maybe a couple of notable exceptions in groups, they will no doubt discuss changing that ring set, drastically increasing both its damage and incoming damage mitigation to be at least somewhere close to an average of the six piece sets that are available.
Yes I agree too, I couldn't really kill anything on T14 with LON monk build.
04/14/2019 04:21 PMPosted by Slamboney
Yes, I agree with MB.

Crikey. Did the planets just align? It's a good job I was sat down for this. ;-)
It just shows again how unbalanced D3 itemisation is. Reason other classes have end game LoN builds is all because of the supporting gear giving ridiculous % damage increases that was originally intended for sets.
04/14/2019 11:34 PMPosted by Meteorblade
04/14/2019 04:21 PMPosted by Slamboney
Yes, I agree with MB.

Crikey. Did the planets just align? It's a good job I was sat down for this. ;-)
Hey, you don't have goofy opinions all the time. :-)
LoN Singularity Mage seemed fine on T16. But It can do GR80s sub 2mins to 3mins with relatively low para in S16. I think you definately will need augments if you want to speed farm t16s.
There's a total lack of Legendaries and balances of those that LoN can make work to even make a successful LoN season.

It's horrible how lackluster the LoN builds are, and especially at T16 which they just introduced for that very season. It makes no sense at all.

No one will be enjoying a season of LoN when you cannot play LoN due to the horrid itemization that haven't been fixed up to this season.
LON isn't intended to be the best set for every class. Yes, some classes are at a disadvantage next season, just like some classes are this season.

That being said, unless you completely butcher a LON build, t14 or 15 should be within reach. I have a LON strafe build with no elemental damage that can blast through t13 with ease. I have super low level gems, not all my gear is augmented, and strafe can effectively get 100% damage increase from items, since dual welding doesn't stack the bonus.

If I can blast through t13 with that build, I'm sure proper builds can easily handle t16 and higher.