No Loot or Gold Dropping

General Discussion
I came back to Diablo after about a three month hiatus this week, and I'm growing increasingly confused and frustrated.

Regardless of level, difficulty, class, mode, or map, nothing is dropping. Gold is few and far between, but not even white items are dropping. I've made four season characters to check - two demon hunters (Lyrei and Nysse), a crusader (Lothrik), and a wizard (Magnus) - and it is almost impossible to progress with the game as no gold is dropping so the characters have only half slots filled or are wearing items many levels below what they're on.

Loot dropping is so rare currently, not including weapon racks etc which always drop a white which I then need to sell to try and get armour to stop my characters from being wiped out - that the game isn't even fun to play anymore. I die every 10 feet since my gear is so low, but I have no way to fix this.

If I do a scan/repair on my game, gold starts dropping again for the first fifteen minutes then disappears again. It doesn't have any effect on loot drops.

I'm not having any connectivity issues.

This is on the PC. What do I need to do?
Are you playing on normal difficulty? Are you doing rifts or campaign? Are you doing low level greater rifts?

If you are doing normal difficulty, turn it up. If you are doing greater rifts, all the loot drops at the end and you get gold after closing. The higher the greater rift level, the more loot you get at the end.
04/20/2019 08:48 AMPosted by Dauntless
I came back to Diablo after about a three month hiatus this week, and I'm growing increasingly confused and frustrated.

Regardless of level, difficulty, class, mode, or map, nothing is dropping. Gold is few and far between, but not even white items are dropping. I've made four season characters to check - two demon hunters (Lyrei and Nysse), a crusader (Lothrik), and a wizard (Magnus) - and it is almost impossible to progress with the game as no gold is dropping so the characters have only half slots filled or are wearing items many levels below what they're on.

Loot dropping is so rare currently, not including weapon racks etc which always drop a white which I then need to sell to try and get armour to stop my characters from being wiped out - that the game isn't even fun to play anymore. I die every 10 feet since my gear is so low, but I have no way to fix this.

If I do a scan/repair on my game, gold starts dropping again for the first fifteen minutes then disappears again. It doesn't have any effect on loot drops.

dunno but I see gold everywhere but then again I'm speed farming for keys on ww barb using boon of the hoarder gem.
i've been playing Diablo 3 since it came out. I typically play at Torment level, but this time since coming back I';ve had to consistently start dropping my levels as nothing is dropping on T2, T1, Master, Expert... I'm refusing to go lower than Expert, and I'm having to put up with dying everytime something pretty much looks at me.

Levelling is slow since I don't have the gear to take anything out, but even Nephalem rifts aren't dropping much besides gold and white loot, and even then inconsistently. The game isn't playing the way I've known it to since RoP, or before leaving it for three months.

It's so incredibly frustrating.
04/20/2019 08:48 AMPosted by Dauntless

You're playing on low difficulty, newly leveling up or playing low tier Greater Rifts.

04/20/2019 09:20 AMPosted by Dauntless
Levelling is slow since I don't have the gear to take anything out,

Do a few bounties, get crafting recipes from Horadric Caches then see what you can craft to have a leverage.
i've been playing Diablo 3 since it came out. I typically play at Torment level, but this time since coming back I';ve had to consistently start dropping my levels as nothing is dropping on T2, T1, Master, Expert... I'm refusing to go lower than Expert, and I'm having to put up with dying everytime something pretty much looks at me.

Levelling is slow since I don't have the gear to take anything out, but even Nephalem rifts aren't dropping much besides gold and white loot, and even then inconsistently. The game isn't playing the way I've known it to since RoP, or before leaving it for three months.

It's so incredibly frustrating.

You have any friends that could run you through a Vault real quick? That will solve your problems. You will get a gem called boon of the horder, which will give you heaps of gold when you kill stuff.
You don't have any set items from the journey on your season characters. Trudge through the chapters and get your set gear and you'll be able to progress. Or you can ask to be carried in one of the channels.
Best advice, get someone to speed run you through some rifts/greater rifts in T13. Then see if loot drops for you. If it does, then you were probably trying to take on a difficulty that was too high for you and your kill speed is way too low since you kept mentioning you were dying a lot.
If you need help, I can run you through some rifts with a dh and share drops to help you get a set as well as open the vault for a boon of hoarder gem and for more gold. I’ll be on later today; you can msg me.
I’m confused by this. I usually level a season on hard to begin with. Many yellow and blue items drop.
As you have run a repair it might be worth asking in technical for suggested solutions because a boost might help in the short term but it isn’t a solution to your problem.
Edit: imho In general you should always avoid Expert. Use hard or master. Expert is badly balanced regarding mob health to reward received.
04/20/2019 09:01 AMPosted by MerLock
Are you playing on normal difficulty? Are you doing rifts or campaign? Are you doing low level greater rifts?

If you are doing normal difficulty, turn it up. If you are doing greater rifts, all the loot drops at the end and you get gold after closing. The higher the greater rift level, the more loot you get at the end.
He's paragon 8 and doesn't have a full set of level 70 yellows yet.

Honestly, things come a lot more quickly when you can kill stuff in higher difficulties. My suggestion is to join a clan and see if they can help, assuming you intend to help them in return.

One of the attractive aspects of this game is the beginning -- "how quickly can you climb the difficulties even though you can't run in the high difficulties yet?" You're going to have to learn how to use the cube in order to be extremely efficient.
Option > Gameplay > Item Lable Display: Push To Toggle (ON/OFF)

Using your ALT key as the toggle to display loot.
Run a weekly challenge rift for gold.

Get Kanai's cube and put the low level legendaries you got in it.

I also follow this guide for gearing a new demon hunter.

https://teambrg.com/diablo-3/d3-fresh-level-70-demon-hunter-guide/
From what I can tell from what you have explained OP you don't have a pet equipped. By equipping a pet you can automatically pick up gold so if you have it off or don't have pets yet then you have to manually pick up gold. That's why you're not seeing your character picking up since you haven't mention walking over gold. Not all chest will have gold when open.

What color loot are you referring too? Loot will be in color ranging from what type it is. You haven't explained this part. If it's not gear then crafting gems or legendaries gems? To know these basic things I and others can really help you to understand more of your problem.

Overall it really sounds like a player issue that is causing this but I will say lag can make it so your character doesn't pick up anything. This is due to bad lag or disconnect happening or trying to reconnect. This much I can say for sure and if that's the problem then it's another story to be tell.
Just START FRESH with a Seasonal char, follow Season Jurney, and you will be back inside the game in a frew hours.

When playing seasons, which the 2 characters you are talking about are on, just follow this simple process:

1. Set on the lowest difficulty you can kill fast on(even if it is normal).
2. Do the season journey for the free set pieces(only takes an hour or two)
3. profit

Don't make it more complicated than you have to. Get the freebees, progress, get more freebees, progress. When you get the free farming build together, then you can farm what you want on a higher torment. Don't spend hours on a T8 normal rift, when you can do a expert rift in 2 min.