Season 17 PTR Patch 2.6.5 Notes Up

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
I argued against some of these changes. Like added Torments. The free LoN was another. Not that free LoN isn't great. That's super.

My problem is LoN should have got a corresponding buff to the new difficulties. The point of running anything outside of Grifts is to be fast. I'm not sure what the point is in slowing builds that were running the previous highest difficulty swiftly.

Oh well. Season should be fun anyway.
03/29/2019 11:57 AMPosted by SevenShadow
So are we gonna get more Death's Breaths and keystones on these additional Torments? I still think it's a stupid idea but it'd be more so if the amount of materials we get stayed the same.

Liking what they did to Chantodo, though!

Neat change overall to chantodo, although I was also hoping for cooldown reduction to be added to vyr.
LoN Capt America will be OP. Free LoN means you can equip CoE, SoJ and Unity (one cubed) while having Hellfire equipped. Infinite Wrath plus 5 multipliers to your shields [Gryfalcons (350%), Leniency (100% per enemy hit), Jekangboard (400%), Manacles (500%) and Lon (9750%)] not including SoJ and Unity elite bonus and max CoE in the cube on holy rotation plus 35% from Akarat's Champion!
I'm excited to play the new torment levels hopefully more DB's drop with elite kills and you can't go wrong with better legendary drop rate, I never understood why players hated the fact they might add more difficult levels for the standard looting game.
> T16
> Horadric Caches drop DBs
> Sage set buff

So, what will happen, if I farm a lot of T16 Caches with a normal build, then equip Sage set and open them? If those DBs are doubled, it may be a bit of design problem, i.e. disincentive to use Sage set properly.
03/29/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Altera
So, what will happen, if I farm a lot of T16 Caches with a normal build, then equip Sage set and open them? If those DBs are doubled, it may be a bit of design problem, i.e. disincentive to use Sage set properly.

Actually, that would help build that can't work in Sage's, like LoN, most DH sets, Necromancers...

I would like that I could farm with one set and use another to open them to make up for those builds that can run Sage's all the time.
03/29/2019 12:06 PMPosted by Blackout
I'm excited to play the new torment levels hopefully more DB's drop with elite kills and you can't go wrong with better legendary drop rate, I never understood why players hated the fact they might add more difficult levels for the standard looting game.

I'd been more excited if the difficulties were re-scaled, adding more is just sloppy imo.
03/29/2019 12:15 PMPosted by Oblivion
I'd been more excited if the difficulties were re-scaled, adding more is just sloppy imo.

Agreed. There are currently 17 difficulty levels at the moment, that's roughly 10 too many. Now they are adding more. Very lazy solution.

Presumably T16 will be equal to GR75 which is very reasonable. However much better solution would've been to reduce the total number of difficulty level to 10 and the highest still being GR75 equivalent.
Face palm at more difficulties. Free lon would have been good if they actually buffed more legendary powers. Qol changes are nice tho.
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available

Any further news on how to obtain those 5 additional stash tabs? Will they be purchasable with in-game gold, rewarded per seasonal achievements or will it be a money purchase from the limited in-game Diablo shop?

I must admit this awesome news is making me want to come back to Diablo 3 full time during Season 17. Since November I started playing Heroes of the Storm and I've played it every day since (I fell in love with it!), and I also spent about $300 dollars total on Heroes of the Storm in my four months playing.

Diablo 3 for the PC is starting to call me back. We'll see!
Very cool QoL changes. When it comes time to playing DH in S17, there is little incentive.

DH's set damage modifiers are way past the benefit of LoN w/ extra rings.

There's only one skill that has a modern legendary power, Lord Greenstone's Fan -- and playing LoN FoK is an acquired taste.

Here's what I suggest:

1. Make Lord Greenstone's Fan's buff sync with the CoE cycle and up the power. 15 sec @ 1000%. Allow the buff to last 2 seconds after triggering FoK, this way the other runes could be considered (ie. knives expert).

2. Please buff Chakram and Elemental Arrow legendary items, so there is another good reason play S17 as DH (with traditional sets). Either increase the power of Augustine Panacea/Sword of Ill Will or make them compatible with primary skill buffs (hunters wrath, depth diggers, simplicity strength).

3. Re-enable S2M4, so we can have another competitive hybrid. (Requires #2)
03/29/2019 11:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Read the rest of the PTR information as well. They want you to do some planning and focused testing so that they get useful feedback.

We been giving them useful feedback about the fact that most of us hate set dungeons & want set dungeons taken out of the seasonal journey, do they listen no so what's the point of useful feedback?!
nice i guess...
but we need MUCH MORE legendary changes - some classes like barb have no competative LON build even with open ring slots - and LON thoughness is still a little sh#tty
Stash will prob be purchased with gold, 600k, 700k, 800k, 900k and 1m if it follows the first 5 purchases.
03/29/2019 12:26 PMPosted by Kirottu
03/29/2019 12:15 PMPosted by Oblivion

Agreed. There are currently 17 difficulty levels at the moment, that's roughly 10 too many. Now they are adding more. Very lazy solution.

Presumably T16 will be equal to GR75 which is very reasonable. However much better solution would've been to reduce the total number of difficulty level to 10 and the highest still being GR75 equivalent.

Don't rush to judge this. It would make sense to first roll out the added difficulty levels and then study the numbers on where most players are playing before removing less used levels. baby steps people.
Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.

JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS, JUST WAIT TIL THE PTR COMES OUT BEFORE YOU RAGE AT EVERY SLIGHT LITTLE THING. They have to take one step at a time, and they are likely trying to get a feel for what people actually want so they can make Diablo IV as good of a game as possible.

Chill out, people. The overall patch notes are actually a very good step in the right direction.
This is why changes never happen. Everytime anything is changed, you guys just come in here and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all over the forums about anything and everything.

Imagine if everytime you did something at your job, and somebody came up and started slapping you, wind-mill style and screeching in your face.
It would scare you into just not doing anything at all.
03/29/2019 01:13 PMPosted by TracersBum
JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS, JUST WAIT TIL THE PTR COMES OUT BEFORE YOU RAGE AT EVERY SLIGHT LITTLE THING.

What "RAGE", some people will never be happy, but overall we got quite a few changes that we have asked for over the past few years. Most people are pleased about that.

I do see a few folks saying "I would have liked X better", but those comments are well phrased and overall polite. This forum is not full of raging idiots, most days.
03/29/2019 01:13 PMPosted by TracersBum
JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS, JUST WAIT TIL THE PTR COMES OUT BEFORE YOU RAGE AT EVERY SLIGHT LITTLE THING. They have to take one step at a time, and they are likely trying to get a feel for what people actually want so they can make Diablo IV as good of a game as possible.

You're raging more than anyone else in this thread.
Still no auto pickup of mats and gems, that's how they are listening to us.