Season 17 PTR Patch 2.6.5 Notes Up

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
This looks like a good idea on paper but the truth is this is just power creep of the already dominant builds but with the same GR cap. Push meta remains the same due to both classes that already work with LoN will get 2 extra ring slots, and speed meta will go back to the 3 necro + barb speed mages.

What they need to do is first, buff more lengendaries to create more LoN viable builds to some classes that don't really have one, such as monk and barb, and second, raise the GR cap.
03/29/2019 02:31 PMPosted by Isend
Great patch.

Please provide a gradual LON bonus by :
- granting 375% damage for regular items (= 750% x 0.5)
- granting 750% damage for ancient items (= 750% x 1.0)
- granting 1125% damage for primal items (= 750% x 1.5)

This way, LON will be inclusive, for all players.
\

I rather they give us 3 separate bonuses: regular leg, ancient and primal.
All have same value, but multiplicative of each other.
General changes:
We don't exactly need more difficulties...
Rest changes are good.

Quality of life changes:
All are good

Seasons:
I am not playing seasons long enough to benefit this theme but it's nice overall.

Items:
We could use more changes.
Pretty good changes overall, looking forward to PTR!
Puzzle ring changes? Goblin Vault can lead to somewhere unknown? LoN Season Buff? What a nice start, plus more stash. I can honestly say that Blizzard has heard us. Hope to see more great new changes and features in the near future. Well done Blizzzard!

I'm only shocked about the T14-16 levels. Players wanted more easy mats drop rather than the difficulty raise. Overall it's all good.
I am actually a bit interested in this theme. I have always wanted LoN to be unrelated to gear, so this opens up a lot of fun build options imo.

The true way an ARPG should be played, choice in all equipped items!
Still waiting for the day Blizzard adds a Blizzard build to the game.
03/29/2019 04:13 PMPosted by iThinkiWin
Still waiting for the day Blizzard adds a Blizzard build to the game.

I think the last time that I was using blizzard in any build was during season 1 with the firebird set.
LoN and DH didn’t work together in S16, and will not in S17.

What would you like us, DH, to test on PTR?
03/29/2019 04:34 PMPosted by Namfia

Agreed. Fan Of Knives LoN is a pain to gear as you had to find gear that didn't have LPK or Life regen if you used Shi-Mizu and is just not a fun build to play.

Base Build: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-legacy-of-nightmares-fan-of-knives-build-patch-2-6-4-season-16
03/29/2019 01:22 PMPosted by StuRedman
Still no auto pickup of mats and gems, that's how they are listening to us.

Only a wow dev would dislike this post, and yes they still aren't listening.

Thank you for the vacation devs with this lame LoN buff
03/29/2019 04:34 PMPosted by Namfia

What would you like us, DH, to test on PTR?

They want you to roll a necro, you had your fun this season, sorry.
I like that the Sage set now doubles the DBs received.

However, obtaining the 3-piece Sage bonus requires wearing two pieces of it and a RoRG in the Cube so that your 6-piece set bonus isn't broken. That only works for the class sets which include a set piece amulet, bracer or belt and heavily favours the sets which have seven pieces available. I'm going to suggest a change on the PTR forum that additional pieces for the Sage set can be crafted to fit into the slots that don't break the six-piece sets.
Those legendary buffs are pretty underwhelming, I hope they have a lot more planned than that if they really want the season of LoN to be more than just 3 classes.
New quality of life change. uncap Bloodshards already, whats the point in a cap anymore?
03/29/2019 05:21 PMPosted by Meteorblade
I'm going to suggest a change on the PTR forum that additional pieces for the Sage set can be crafted to fit into the slots that don't break the six-piece sets.
THANK YOU! I totally agree.
DB's in Horadric Cache means that you should get more in the Challenge Rift bag when the season starts. You may be able to extract a power or two immediately when the season starts if you rush to get the cube instead of only having enough to rank your artisans to max level.
Holy !@#$ finally a good patch for Diablo 3. Am I dreaming?
DH is so DEAD next season.
No competitive LoN build or Sage build. Basically next season has nothing to do with DH.
Please at least buff a few items for DH, such as the rapid fire bow(can’t remember its name).
To all you shortsighted fools that criticize and condemn this patch:

1. Get buggered.

2. Quit the game.