Season 17 PTR Patch 2.6.5 Notes Up

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
.. April fools?
04/01/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Dark
I'm a bit confused about the S17 buff.

How does the LON "know" when the ancient buff isn't applied and the set bonus is? So if you have two pieces of set bonus(any set bonus) the LON turns off automatically?

Oh it knows, and if it doesn't, we'll know on PTR that F&R is working with LoN/EW and it's OP AF :D
instead of adding moar dificulty levels, blizzard should rework the whole system
Please update the crafted sets and the followers too--as now they will both fall even FURTHER behind with T's 14-16.... (Hey, they did it for Sage's, they can do it for the others as well.)

1. Let the scoundrel use a QUIVER
2. Boost followers' natural life regeneration--it could be 3 times what it is now for them at level 70. Do the same for the Templar's Loyalty and Heal spell.
3. Increase the damage of their attack skills (arrow attacks, force push, erosion, charge, overpower) to do FIVE HUNDRED times the damage. Basic attacks do 100 times the damage (sword swing, normal arrow shot, magic missile).
*Perm all 3 for players using the 4-piece bonus of Asheara's Vestiments AND increase damage by 34% (multiplier) and damage reduction by 17% for each follower standing--up to 102% damage and 51% damage reduction for the player AND their followers.
**Non-immortal legendary tokens (all-skills/cooldowns) should also add 90% damage reduction as well (for more staying power).
Please update the crafted sets and the followers too--as now they will both fall even FURTHER behind with T's 14-16.... (Hey, they did it for Sage's, they can do it for the others as well.)

to do TEN times the damage.
*Perm all 3 for players using the 4-piece bonus of Asheara's Vestiments.
I was thinking more like 100000% more damage. More importantly, Asheara should make them all immortal, makimg player able to use the other two relics!
Like the PTR notes, was wondering if it was possible to remove the chat channels from difficulty and putting them onto the character selection screen?
04/01/2019 08:26 PMPosted by PDMangler

1. Let the scoundrel use a QUIVER
2. Boost followers' natural life regeneration--it could be 3 times what it is now for them at level 70. Do the same for the Templar's Loyalty and Heal spell.
3. Increase the damage of their attack skills (arrow attacks, force push, erosion, charge, overpower) to do TEN times the damage.
*Perm all 3 for players using the 4-piece bonus of Asheara's Vestiments.

All modification should have a ballance. Maybe they could release an easy legendary set like: Increase follower owner 20% damage and also decrease follower owner defense and elemental defense on 20%. Each piece on total 4 piece would add 5%, so with 4 pieces 20% on increase/decrease and total set bonus more 10% movement speed.
I must admit it has piqued my curiosity.

Maybe I'll reinstall and give it a go.

Maybe.

I also must admit this announcement was a nice break from the silence.
Will the Lon set be ancient. Or just the bonus. Thats 1500% loss if not.
04/01/2019 06:47 PMPosted by MasterJay
04/01/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Dark
I'm a bit confused about the S17 buff.

How does the LON "know" when the ancient buff isn't applied and the set bonus is? So if you have two pieces of set bonus(any set bonus) the LON turns off automatically?

Oh it knows, and if it doesn't, we'll know on PTR that F&R is working with LoN/EW and it's OP AF :D
it wont work its a set either will endless walk set
Whilst we know the PTR will be up on Friday have they said at what time?

As the PTR is a US region server I'm going to assume something that makes sense for players in the PST time-zone, but I'm just eager to see what the CEST equivalent will be for those of us playing from Europe.
04/01/2019 11:54 PMPosted by D3excess
Will the Lon set be ancient. Or just the bonus. Thats 1500% loss if not.

You get the bonus and can wear whatever other rings you have (hopefully ancient ones).
If there were items to turn gold into DPS or a specific trait (armor, res all, etc). Like spending gold (to a limit) as you play. Say spend 10,000 gold per hit for a variable bonus/multiplier, etc. There are a number of "open/untraited" items this could be used on. This would obviously make gold running come back and a more important part of the game as gold right now is kinda worthless (And bankrupt a lot of people, lol). Maybe S18 - season of gold? Do the new T14,15,16 get gold/exp % bumps? No details... I'm rambling here but I thinks its a great idea with some thought.
Season of Nightmare is nice, but if the items suck, we are left with just a few builds playing LON...
wish they would have been more bold and buffed a ton of the non meta unique items and then added something like:

-Disabled drops for all set items
-ancient item drop rate increased by x%
-primal ancient items drop rate increased by x%

and with the added time they extended season 16 done some real number crunching on the unique's to give a season that was actually different and new.
03/29/2019 12:33 PMPosted by DreamTeam
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available

Any further news on how to obtain those 5 additional stash tabs? Will they be purchasable with in-game gold, rewarded per seasonal achievements or will it be a money purchase from the limited in-game Diablo shop?

I must admit this awesome news is making me want to come back to Diablo 3 full time during Season 17. Since November I started playing Heroes of the Storm and I've played it every day since (I fell in love with it!), and I also spent about $300 dollars total on Heroes of the Storm in my four months playing.

Diablo 3 for the PC is starting to call me back. We'll see!

Most likely it will be automatically added...This is a big plus for me
I would really like to see some more leg buffs to make some (new&old) builds viable..
theres so many option for buffing skills nyet they just dont do !@#$, i feel like they have 1 guy working on updates 1 hour a month
04/01/2019 08:05 AMPosted by MissCheetah
04/01/2019 07:33 AMPosted by StridentLad
Noob question: Will saved bounty caches now benefit from the added DBs if opened next patch?

No idea. You can save some up and when you transfer your account to the PTR you can test it.

I'm inclined to say they will not, just based on past precedent.

From what we know, the items in a cache are generated at the time of earning the cache, not on opening them. Which is why you can't get a T1 cache and then open it in t13. So I would not expect people to be able to stock up on caches to open with the new patch.