Bounties

General Discussion
They ****ing suck.

They're tedious, boring and a pain in the !@# to do. Not a pain because they're difficult, but a pain because no one wants to do them.

Get rid of them.

They are a major contributor to people getting burnt out in a season and inevitably stop playing.
With the new patch change, I think people will try them again

People stopped because some bounties are too hard for casuals, it takes a long time to find the objective for them

Also, sometimes people AFK or get kicked for not doing anything wrong in bounties, which is a pain in the !@#

Shoulnd't be able to kick people who have completed the MOST bounties

Also, the bounty should stop popping up the boss warning crap on everyone's screen... then maybe people will try them again
04/01/2019 02:55 PMPosted by Th0r1369
They ****ing suck.

They're tedious, boring and a pain in the !@# to do. Not a pain because they're difficult, but a pain because no one wants to do them.

Bounties are for players who want to do them. It can be the case players are doing it in private mode by themselves or in a party. In public players are doing them by themselves and within parties or random groups. Doing a bounties is the individual task not "everyone". You want to do bounties then do them and you don't have to wait for others to join. If you want help you can wait until players join or join a clan but to say it's others fault that you can't do them is silly. I understand your frustration try take a break and come back.

Note: Trying anything of controlling players may leave or do their own thing. Although, there can be team work that doesn't mean have 1 or many being bossy people around. Players don't have to listen to you while they do their own way of doing bounties. Taking their time is okay while others going to their own pace. If you want something then you do it if others doesn't want to.

They are a major contributor to people getting burnt out in a season and inevitably stop playing.

No, it's players who don't take breaks who get burn out not the bounties that's just excuse. Taking breaks is the key when playing this game because tons of it deal with grinding. Take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming the game for your choosing by not taking breaks.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751955047?page=1

Don't think anything will change at this point.
They ****ing suck.

Get rid of them.

I feel the same way about Greater Rifts. Running the same 10 maps over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for 5 more main stat really sucks. The good thing is, bounties are optional content. Get your gear from rifts/GRs or Kadala. If you need to extract anything, you can do challenge rifts.
Bounties are here to stay and probably should. I'm sure there's people who like doing them somewhere out there and the last thing this game needs is for content to be removed. However, I'd love to see another way to obtain the bounty materials. Less efficient than bounties so we don't effectively remove bounties from the game anyway, but still.
One QOL I like Blizz to implement with regards to Bounties is for bounty to award rift stones too.

I mean, per single bounty (not cache) award the player 1 rift stone per T13. Lower T level to get a lower chance. This way, we can get to farm not only bounty mats but rift stones as well.
They are boring, monotonous and not fun. Its just as bad as the daily quests in WOW. (collect 5 squishy eyeballs) etc etc.
I hate split farming, it encourages leeching and makes playing solo prohibitively inefficient.
Whether bounties are good or bad content is entirely subjective. I liked daily quests in WoW, I like the daily quests in HotS, and I enjoy running bounties in D3 (solo or grouped) far more than I enjoy running GRs. GRs are basically the exact same thing every time while bounties at least change things up a bit and can have a little bit of story behind them (ex., "Rescue three 'recruits' from the Templars.").
Tired of rescuing Templars, Cursed Shrines etc etc. The Templars can remain with their captors and the shrines can stay cursed. Im done,,,,,,,,,,
how long would you take to solo farm 5000 bounty materials? it only take about half an hour to spend it all without getting a single primal.
that sucks.
04/02/2019 05:19 PMPosted by DirkaDirka
I hate split farming, it encourages leeching and makes playing solo prohibitively inefficient.

The only one time I played in a group was during the last day of the double-cache buff. In about 3-4 hours I got 1000+ act mats.

I was generally the one with the lowest paragon (around 1200 at the time), everyone else was 2000+. Took us on average 7-10 minutes for a full clear. One act each, everybody joins the last remaining act if someone falls a little behind due to pathing.

30-60 seconds to do your thing in town at the end, then hop off and join a new game. It's efficient if you can keep up. We ran into a bot only once or twice, kicked them right off.
04/03/2019 02:29 AMPosted by roscoe
how long would you take to solo farm 5000 bounty materials? it only take about half an hour to spend it all without getting a single primal.
that sucks.

I'd say a couple days total. In 8 hours you could get maybe around 1k mats.

And the amount of mats I wasted rerolling a stupid fist weapon, trying to get even a decent ancient version, is astronomically ridiculous.

Turns out it was useless.
Solution: Make all crafting materials drop at a lower rate in a X amount of quantity in rift and grift. And raise quantity in bounties games.

This way players can sort of passively gain crafting materials while playing other game modes but won't have enough to constantly craft longer. If player wants to cradt in a quicker method they can do bounties and gain more crafting materials.

ex: T13 rift boss would drop 1 of random crafting materials, bounties would drop 16 of each cache.