PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
1 2 3 64 Next
Highly Rated
Instructions on how to access the PTR have been updated reflecting the changes made to Account Mgt and PTR access for D3. Below are all the game changes/updates I see so far.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933131/patch-265-ptr-preview-3-29-2019

There is a new reward for completing the entirety of the Season Journey (Guardian)

​For Season 17, the Galactic Wings are available

Carnevil

​The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do

Additional stash space has been made available for all players

PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9
PS4/XB1/Switch: All players will be able to purchase 70 additional stash spaces with gold upon login
Note: All tabs are available immediately upon login on PTR for testing purposes only

Blizzard, please please don't do this to the PC players. Let us buy the stash tabs for gold like Console Players. Please? The PTR version was very very well received and we were all thrilled to have stash space for gold. We felt you listened to a very common player request. Don't undo that.
04/09/2019 01:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9

Is it retroactive for all the seasons I've completed beyond the original 4 cap?
Additional stash space has been made available for all players

PS4/XB1/Switch: All players will be able to purchase 70 additional stash spaces with gold upon login
Note: All tabs are available immediately upon login on PTR for testing purposes only

Yikes...

Having to go through a year or two of season (give or take) just to unlock all those stash tabs would really bite.
04/09/2019 01:13 PMPosted by DonMartin

Is it retroactive for all the seasons I've completed beyond the original 4 cap?

No. It only applies to NEW seasons from 17 on that you reach the proper milestone for.
No! Why tabs have to be earned from season on PC?
Highly Rated
04/09/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Maskraider

Because Blizzard. :'(

I really really hope they re-think this and change it back to acquisition via gold.

Further, it makes no sense to highlight LON, which means saving Ancient gear you might want to use, then not providing easy access to the stash space to collect the items.
04/09/2019 01:15 PMPosted by MissCheetah
No. It only applies to NEW seasons from 17 on that you reach the proper milestone for.

Ahh, figures. Typical Blizz.

Thank you Miss C.
Maybe they saw that quite a few people are unhappy that the LoN Bonus would not apply to Non-season so they decided there needed to be more reason to play seasons.
04/09/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Maskraider

Dangle the carrot, then give it to someone else.
Some of us that could really use the space don't like pushing Season to the end.
edit: I hate Set Dungeons!
Highly Rated

Wait whut??

Gating behind seasons AGAIN after getting everyone hyped about them being instantly accessible for gold??

\facepalm
04/09/2019 01:29 PMPosted by Caladon
Maybe they saw that quite a few people are unhappy that the LoN Bonus would not apply to Non-season so they decided there needed to be more reason to play seasons.

Tbh, that wouldn't even surprise me, because it sounds like the exact reasoning that they'd use.
Highly Rated
04/09/2019 01:29 PMPosted by Caladon

That is illogical to me, to be honest. Those who hate Seasons won't play with or without stash tabs as bait. The reason they are not doing non season LON, is because they would have to reset the Era(non season) leaderboards which makes them almost the same as playing Seasons.

I know this is just my point of view, but having a Season to highlight LON, means new LON builds will be found (most likely) and items targeted for future upgrades. Even non-season players benefit from the builds found during the LON season and will want to collect items to try out themselves.

04/09/2019 01:31 PMPosted by PMG
Gating behind seasons AGAIN after getting everyone hyped about them being instantly accessible for gold??

Yeah.

Blizzard: Here have 5 stash tabs everyone has been asking for. (releases PTR with stash for gold)
Players: Dancing in the streets.
Blizzard: FUN DETECTED! *takes away stash tabs for PC players and locks them behind Seasons*
This is actually my favorite thing about Blizzard these days since they no longer make games with any semblance of integrity or challenge:

The community protests.

Quite honestly the best thing about Blizzard. Keep up the good work guys, I'm counting on you to provide quality entertainment.
you all are wrong. they want us to move away from pc diablo so we can really enjoy diablo immortal
Seriously, ugh!
It doesn't look like anyone, other than myself, on the PTR Feedback forum has noticed the changes yet.
Highly Rated
Frankly, now I'm PISSED.

What the hell are they thinking? I hated the fact they were gated to begin with, so much in fact, I have still 2 to earn, and hate doing dungeon mastering to earn them, so I don't. And NOW They are going to gate more of them?

After not having them gated to start with?

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyway. Venting. PIssed. NOT HAPPY.
Highly Rated
04/09/2019 01:41 PMPosted by yessquire
It doesn't look like anyone, other than myself, on the PTR Feedback forum has noticed the changes yet.

Nope. The PTR will keep the stash tabs as a gold buy so nobody there has noticed unless they read the updated notes.

This impacts the Live version of the patch.

Blizzard, I am displeased with your decision.

ಠ_ಠ
04/09/2019 01:44 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Blizzard, I am displeased with your decision.

Personally I don't have much of a stash issue, due to the fact that I mostly play one class. However, I still find it beyond asinine that they would even consider having even more stash spaces gated behind season.
Man, it just never ends with them, the lord giveth and taketh away. Crazy stuff Blizzard. Well, to be fare after the disaster that was called Blizzcon 2018, I no longer fall for any of the bogus hype from them. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

PS: MissC you are great.