PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 65 Next
04/10/2019 05:36 PMPosted by Anthias

I played one season. The first one. It was boring as all hell. If hell were a place reserved for accountants and call centre operators. Never played another, never want to play another. Stopped playing altogether soon after because everything was just awful

So, it's more fun to play the mode with less content and options for you?

That's...really strange and a bit melodramatic.

Stopped playing altogether soon after because everything was just awful.

If I got more stash space I might enjoy it enough to pay for the Necromancer, which frankly looks pretty damn !@#$ty

Honestly, sounds like D3 is not for you. If you can't even get up for an expansion pack with a new class then move on. That's as good as it's going to get. Leave all your angst behind.
It's like giving someone a birthday present, letting them open it being excited, they are really grateful and then taking the present back.
:(
04/11/2019 06:44 AMPosted by Bassdude
It's like giving someone a birthday present, letting them open it being excited, they are really grateful and then taking the present back.

See that present on the mantle? Now go clean your room, do your homework, run some laps, take a nap, have a bath, get dressed and eat dinner and it's yours!
Blizzard have horrible expectation management

Blizcon - get super hyped for multiple diablo projects, and then announce Diablo Immortal

Season 16 will be two months long - We will just double it, with lame excuse of further testing

Free 5 stash tabs - hang on, no, play another 5 seasons and unlock them all after about 18 months

Seriously, I love this game so much, but honestly, this has to stop. UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING, DON'T PROMISE OR ALLUDE TO IT

If they had just said you can now unlock more stash tabs with season journey, everyone would have been cool with that. Expectation management

Sort it out please

Thanks
Five additional stash tabs coming soon.. Christmas 2020.

That's so ridiculous.
04/09/2019 01:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Blizzard, please please don't do this to the PC players. Let us buy the stash tabs for gold like Console Players.

You know that almost as many people play non-season now as do season people. So if somebody is playing non-season they are basically getting left behind VS season. That they paid for the game like everybody else. But really Blizzard doesn't care about non-season Players.

I have two accounts and one account doesn't have the pet they are going give us. So if I do play the season this time it will only be long enough to get the pet and that is it.

Plus on the LON build I have on both accounts. That they have on both almost all Primal's on those characters. So here we go again the non-season might get left behind.

Blizzard WAKEUP the non-season people PAID FOR THE GAME just like the season people.
04/11/2019 06:48 AMPosted by DonMartin
04/11/2019 06:44 AMPosted by Bassdude

See that present on the mantle? Now go clean your room, do your homework, run some laps, take a nap, have a bath, get dressed and eat dinner and it's yours!

You should edit "it's yours!" to "it's yours 1.5 years later" :-)
@Davey:

And you got a game for your money.

Is the season feature not included in your game? So where is the issue with playing a season to achieve something instead of demanding everything including "season themes" for non season for free?

I basically second that it would be better to handle console players equal to pc player base. It just makes no sense to allow buying stash for gold on consoles but not for PC players. Its either one or the other.
It's like u met a sexy lady and made your way to the love hotel...

After she stripped, you realize she has a willy...
04/11/2019 08:21 AMPosted by AlKatiba
I basically second that it would be better to handle console players equal to pc player base. It just makes no sense to allow buying stash for gold on consoles but not for PC players. Its either one or the other.

On consoles items are not account bound in non season. You can trade and give your items to anyone. On PS/XB you can have as many local accounts as you wish. Virtually there is no limits to Stash space on consoles. It might be not very comfortable to join your own game from second local account and transfer items back and forth but at least you can do it. On PC you have no such ability at all.
04/11/2019 08:32 AMPosted by TinyCat
It's like u met a sexy lady and made your way to the love hotel...

After she stripped, you realize she has a willy...

Not even close to a good analogy.

...and kinda creepy ;-)
04/11/2019 04:38 AMPosted by RoyalMarine
I grew up playing D1 and D2. It is one of my fondest memories of my childhood.

I have played D3 since the day it was released.

I have over 15,000 hours played on D3.

I played a mix of solo and multi play.
A lot of decisions taken by Blizz were good. A lot were bad. I continued playing.

I wasn’t too happy when D3 content updates slowed down. But I accepted it.
I continued playing.

When botters became more common than human players, I continued playing.

When Diablo Immortal was announced, my heart sank. I truly expected a d4 announcement. I continued playing.

I don’t like seasons too much. I avoided them when possible. But you forced us into them with stash tabs. We need more storage space. I continued playing.

Every year, you take steps or actions to the game that slowly make it less interesting. I continued playing.

I am a nobody to you. I am not a content creator, I am not a streamer. I don’t post often on the forums.

But I buy your games. I continue playing.

this build up to a great and exciting patch, only to be let down again... and again.. and now this... You have lost your way. Your are out of touch with gamers. It’s just money money money. Greed greed greed.

You recently created a threat called “we are listening”
NO YOU ARE NOT. We are the players. We buy and spent to keep your company running. Yet you don’t listen. You don’t heed any warnings. You don’t consider what WE want.

I didn’t move to POE, torchlight, Grim dawn, Wolcen etc when they came out. I continued playing D3.

But I can’t anymore. I can’t commit to being a Blizzard supporter by spending my money on your games when this, after all these hurdles you put us through, you continue the same tactic. It’s a letdown.

I won’t be buying Diablo Immortal. I won’t be playing Vanilla WoW. I won’t be continuing to play Heartstone. I won’t do it.
Not a penny more.

I am out. I will find my entertainment somewhere else, away from Blizzard.

And I am not alone.
You have done this. By ignoring the needs of your customers, the only people you should never ignore. Because without us, you won’t exist.

I feel the same bro, My Heart ls broken again, i dont know can trust Blizzard again, they punched so hard And destroy the hope of their fans...
Give everyone 5 more stash tab, & give us 5 additional stash space unlockable in the next 5 seasons. Problem solved.

Everyone happy. Do I now get a price?
04/10/2019 04:37 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Have I told you lately that you are awesome? That got a good laugh. For those who have not read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, go read it. It is funny and will make you think. Also short. Edit - there is also a text Commodore 64 game based on the book!

I was saddened to learn at the time of his death Douglas Adams was in the works, As in he was going to be the lead Writer and producer of the project with Disney to do an animated version .
Yes, it may, but in a long run it will get the numbers up, because no matter what you think, people will play seasonal to get the tabs. You talking boycott this season, they see another 4 quarters of higher logins. I was strictly NS player, and I went seasons just for tabs. Minimum 20 of my friends from FL did exactly the same, being strictly NS players. Basically, people complain but on the end they get over it.

Back in the day when you got your stash tabs, you played a ton. When you were forced to play seasonal to get your tabs, did you play an extra 20 hours in order to get it, or did you move 20 hours you would of played non-season to play season to get the tab?

I do not feel too many players are going to say "Wow, I haven't played in a year, but I am going to log on to earn 5 more tabs!!". Way too many of them are going to say "Wait, I haven't played in a year, they said they were going to give us 5 new tabs, and now are gating them behind seasons again, $^&# this, I'll stay retired!".

Yes, some will come back to get the tabs. Most will not. Many more will leave the game as has already been posted in this thread and others because of the shady bait-and-switch way they handled this. In my opinion, it is going to be a wash with their MAU numbers. If they really, really want those numbers up. Give us the 5 tabs and this season the numbers will jump substantially. For the next for seasons, give us decent themes and QOL improvements and the numbers will go up far more then gating tabs behind season journey.

04/11/2019 05:49 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Firstly, I am not saying that they may not change it, but I am being realistic. Secondly, no they didn’t improve barbs, they up the numbers to be in line with all other classes, if they wanted to improve Barbs that would have to actually listen, not only hear (Aka “we hear you” stickied nonsense). And thirdly, don’t try to school me on upvotes and feedback, I ran 100-200+ upvotes threads on various PTR‘s here, I had few 1 on 1 with developers on forums, a lot of barb work in past couple of years is my hours and hours of calculating, writing, posting. I know exactly how likely things are to change in this game. There were times when Blizzard heard and listened, but these times are gone. Yes, they will handpick some things, and they deserve credit for adleast trying to make players happy, but this will have to stay in line with what suites want. And suits want more stability on quarterly basis to calm shareholders, because activision stock lost about 50% in few months due to overall adjustments and bad press.

My apologies, I meant they improved the barbs standings among other classes as far as solo GR clears, not fixing broken builds. And yes, I up-voted everyone one of those "Barbs matter" threads. I do not play Barbs, but I always upvote a thread I think will help the game in general. I agree with you they do not want to do any hard work and always look for an easy, half-baked solution. This is why this a perfect candidate for player base appeasement. Crap ton of up-votes and it is an easy fix. If they are going to listen, it is to something like this. No calcuations, no theory crafting, no thinking at all. Un-gate the tabs as originally proposed, and the player base is appeased.
Posted by Bassdude

To expand even further:

Here are the 3 presents.

Taken back shortly after the joy is felt

Do the chores everyweek without fail

Regifted as follows, still with opened boxes, scotch taped shut:
1x for Birthday
1x for Christmas
1x for receiving passing grade in school

Feel the letdown....
I can't believe in this thread. Chill out nerds and stop hoarding loot.
Well, I'm pretty screwed for hitting Guardian in S17... I'm not gonna do the 1hr story speed run. Nor am I gonna do 8x set dungeons.

Avarice and The Thrill are going to be pretty easy.

That leave 6x GR55s with different sets... i.e. 2 different characters/classes is needed. I don't rebirth two characters on this account because I don't have the stash space to offload 2 characters worth of stuff. I use all my character inventories to mule gear!

So yeah, will be nice if Blizz actually gives out a few free tabs before making us jump through hoops again. As I suggested earlier/elsewhere... maybe give out 3 free tabs and make us unlock 5 via seasons at the very least. We get an even 20 tabs at the end then.
04/11/2019 01:02 PMPosted by Mugsy
Well, I'm pretty screwed for hitting Guardian in S17... I'm not gonna do the 1hr story speed run. Nor am I gonna do 8x set dungeons.

Avarice and The Thrill are going to be pretty easy.

That leave 6x GR55s with different sets... i.e. 2 different characters/classes is needed. I don't rebirth two characters on this account because I don't have the stash space to offload 2 characters worth of stuff. I use all my character inventories to mule gear!

So yeah, will be nice if Blizz actually gives out a few free tabs before making us jump through hoops again. As I suggested earlier/elsewhere... maybe give out 3 free tabs and make us unlock 5 via seasons at the very least. We get an even 20 tabs at the end then.

You can do everything except the 3rd conquest with 1 character. Then either find a dashing monk or chicken WD and try story mode in 1 hour in group. It's very doable but time consuming and might require a few attempts.

Alternatively you can rebirth your second character and all its items will hang in mail for the next 30 days. Powerlevel it fast and gear it for GR55 or whatever - and you done with Guardian.
If your mail won't expire before season ends - just wait till the end of the season. Otherwise delete your second character and create it again in non-season, powerlevel it to 70 again (Gem of Easy or ask someone) and claim all items from your mail back to its inventory.
04/11/2019 10:54 AMPosted by Kani
I can't believe in this thread.

It's staring you right in the face. It's not an illusion.