PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 65 Next
This sucks! I refuse to chase the carrot! Good riddance Blizztards
04/11/2019 01:26 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
You can do everything except the 3rd conquest with 1 character. Then either find a dashing monk or chicken WD and try story mode in 1 hour in group. It's very doable but time consuming and might require a few attempts.

Alternatively you can rebirth your second character and all its items will hang in mail for the next 30 days. Powerlevel it fast and gear it for GR55 or whatever - and you done with Guardian.
If your mail won't expire before season ends - just wait till the end of the season. Otherwise delete your second character and create it again in non-season, powerlevel it to 70 again (Gem of Easy or ask someone) and claim all items from your mail back to its inventory.

Yeah, I'm not overly keen on deleting characters... I like having that kill count continue (though I will be deleting one of my WDs that named MuleXYZ).

In S8, I've done the trick where I do conqueror, get a new tab, load up the stash with the second character's gear and rebirth it... that could work. But my stash will be fully packed that I can't play NS at that point which is annoying.

I just wish that they'd revamp the conquests so that you have at least 3x conquests that can be done with just one seasonal character and done in 15min or less. Things like the story speed run isn't for me... hands cramp up if I'm gaming straight for 1hr like that.
WELP all my excitement got flushed down the drain, I got excited seeing 5 more tabs, oh great, gonna be great for LoN, can tr-oh, wait, season gated...

I have not finished a single season because seasons bore me so with stash tabs no longer being available all my excitement has been flushed down the drain and won't be playing again
Who wants to bet that the sloppy patch notes was because the CMs have a vacation planned?
04/11/2019 04:06 PMPosted by SimpleDave
CMs

There is one now.
Just want to reiterate that I am not playing the next season due to the obvious proof that Blizzard has no idea what we want.

The fact that they do this sort of thing to a game in maint mode, after the BFA debacle, and then the DI debacle is beyond me!!!!

Whoever is in charge is so disconnected it has become difficult to understand.
04/11/2019 04:09 PMPosted by MissCheetah
CMs

There is one now.

Miss C,

Did you ever get a clue as to whether the original stash tab description was sloppy writing or a decision that was changed after the PTR notes were released?
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

[/quote]

...and thats why:

- you get no new xpansion or a character dlc pack
- you get no new and/or updated legendaries and maps
- you get a mobile game instead!
- and on top of that, to prove we hear you, you get stash tabs gated behind the same seasonal challenges that you will have to repeat 5 times over year and half

Because...WE HEAR YOU.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
And just more silence.......
I had an interesting observation about this. Just as with all things there are two sides to this whole thing. Usually the sides are "for" and "against". But with this situation the two sides seem to be "against" and "I don't really care either way". I mean, in the over two hundred posts in this topic alone I have not seen a single person say: "I love unlocking stash tabs in seasons! I can't wait to do it 5 more times!" The most positive responses regarding this topic are basically "meh, who cares". I find that pretty telling, and if Blizzard were at all capable of paying attention they would too.
04/11/2019 07:13 PMPosted by Mafic
I had an interesting observation about this. Just as with all things there are two sides to this whole thing. Usually the sides are "for" and "against". But with this situation the two sides seem to be "against" and "I don't really care either way". I mean, in the over two hundred posts in this topic alone I have not seen a single person say: "I love unlocking stash tabs in seasons! I can't wait to do it 5 more times!" The most positive responses regarding this topic are basically "meh, who cares". I find that pretty telling, and if Blizzard were at all capable of paying attention they would too.
Go to the PTR preview. In your best John Houseman voice, one poster in particular feels that we are all crybabies and snowflakes who don't want to earn anything. There is another in general discussion but I suspect he now is on a forum vacation due to the vulgarity of his last OP that has now vanished.
04/11/2019 03:05 PMPosted by Mugsy
I just wish that they'd revamp the conquests so that you have at least 3x conquests that can be done with just one seasonal character and done in 15min or less. Things like the story speed run isn't for me... hands cramp up if I'm gaming straight for 1hr like that.

I'd like all of the conquests available each season so I can pick and choose which I'd like to do at any given time. The round robin rotation has gotten majorly old. Also, eff the hell out of the set dungeon conquests. I hate set dungeons with the passion of a thousand burning Sliders pulsars.
04/11/2019 04:30 PMPosted by MicroRNA

There is one now.

Miss C,

Did you ever get a clue as to whether the original stash tab description was sloppy writing or a decision that was changed after the PTR notes were released?

Not exactly. I don't honestly know if it was poor initial patch notes or something they found in the PTR that made them change the roll out. That said, the Community/Publishing team only put in the patch notes the stuff they know about. What bothers me is that they did not communicate the change in a way that would be viewed by lots and did not explain why. We can handle tech stuff when told. What so many get upset about is the lack of communication.

If I said "hi there all I want to give you 5 stash tabs and we are going to test that. Depending on results we will decide how to roll those out.

Then "ok testing revealed tech issues that impacted game play and we need to revise"
We are ok with that mostly. Just be honest.
Except there isn't a single player report of an issue with the tabs, just the search function. I even tested the PTR again with the alleged combination of factors they blamed and had no trouble and asked to know what else to test and was greeted with silence.

At this point IMO it is lying by omission. If they screwed up on unclear patch notes they just need to fess up. It isn't going to make everyone happy, but what they are doing now is just plain spiteful and rubbing salt in wounds.

Screenshot of the thread because the PTR forums won't be up for much longer:
https://imgur.com/2PoqSrj
04/11/2019 09:26 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Community/Publishing team only put in the patch notes the stuff they know about.

Miscommunication or they pulled away after proper testing? Doesn't change the facts but either way that signs a disconnected feedback.
Customer feedback - give us more stash
Customer feedback - don’t gate stash or quality of life behind journey

Blizz feedback - we hear you

Blizz action - give quality of life behind journey

Customer action - rage and boycott and leave for path of exile where I have unlimited stash
And why are forums unlimited space but not in the game? Surely this message of mine is more space than an item with 6 properties in a database which can old billions of rows
04/11/2019 07:13 PMPosted by Mafic
I understand that stashes are not handed free. However, I do not understand why they can't be achieved in NS and why we can't purchase them.

All that said, Blizz made a PR failure once again by making us believe this were to be a patch giweaway.
CMs

There is one now.

And it might be just one for all regions, as we haven't seen a post from the EU Community Manager since 6th December 2018...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/search?a=Kheluriel