PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 65 Next
Just Decided Come Back With The 5 Free Stash.What!No New Free Stash?Ok Maybe Next Time Blizzard.See Ya.
Hardly anyone's talking about LON builds.

Everyone too busy grabbing a pitch fork.
04/11/2019 10:02 PMPosted by GhostDragon
Except there isn't a single player report of an issue with the tabs, just the search function. I even tested the PTR again with the alleged combination of factors they blamed and had no trouble and asked to know what else to test and was greeted with silence.

At this point IMO it is lying by omission. If they screwed up on unclear patch notes they just need to fess up. It isn't going to make everyone happy, but what they are doing now is just plain spiteful and rubbing salt in wounds.

Screenshot of the thread because the PTR forums won't be up for much longer:
https://imgur.com/2PoqSrj

Blizz has not blamed the current change on anything. They have not commented at all. I am only speculating based on past comments.
Ahhh. Cmon Blizzard make 5 chars slots as seasonal reward instead of stash tabs. Please give some respect to NS players.
04/12/2019 05:11 AMPosted by SimpleDave
Hardly anyone's talking about LON builds.

Everyone too busy grabbing a pitch fork.

Yeah, but it goes to show how something so simple can take the focus off what ought to be the the main event for the season.

If they want to make stash tabs the reason for us to come back for the next 5 seasons, I'm a bit worried that future themes will be quite lacklustre. Maybe they'll start cycling through themes again... going between double gobs, double bounties, free RORG buff, and LON buff.

Kinda wish they'd have given a bunch of tabs for purchase via gold and another bunch for unlock via seasons as a compromise. Stash space is such a headache. Reaching 20 tabs would just open up a lot more freedom for me as I can drop a character or two from mule duty then.
The only way to truly be upset by this is if you didn't learn from the past thousand times this company has burned you.

Temper your expectations. These folks have taken leave of their senses and do not know what they're doing.

And always remember - the easier the thing is to make fans happy, the more likely it is they'll screw it up. Never forget that. More stash tabs? Easiest thing in the world to get right. And yet...here we are. I know it sounds bizarre, but it's true. They are THAT backwards. If something seems like common sense to you, rest assured the concept is totally and completely lost on Activison-Blizzard. Never even crosses their minds. They have zero ability to judge how their words (or lack thereof) and actions impacts their fanbase.
Incredible.

I haven't unlocked a single stash tab yet, because I hate seasons so much. I usually unlock the "soft rewards" (the really easy to get stuff) but after that, I already feel burned out.

I was so thrilled to read that I could finally have more stash for non-season play (where I would need it anyway, who needs so much space during seasons?).

BUT! No. No can do. No fun allowed. Our way, our the highway. I'm so, so disappointed right now. AGAIN. "A QUICK WORD FROM BLIZZARD" and all it contained comes to mind. Why on earth is a gaming company (which I used to love since the Diablo 1 days) so set on disappointing me over and over again? Gnah! I shouldn't feel so bad about a video game, but here we are.

Yeah, sorry, melodrama. But honestly, all this "have this great thing and PSYKE!" is getting to me. I'll quit now.
04/11/2019 11:20 PMPosted by Meteorblade
And it might be just one for all regions, as we haven't seen a post from the EU Community Manager since 6th December 2018...

To be fair, there are quite a few recent blueposts in the german EU forums. https://eu.battle.net/forums/de/d3/search?a=Rynundu

He even gave us a little teaser posting "the PTR is coming soon" an hour (or so) before the PTR patchnotes appeared here in US (probably just before he knocked off for the weekend). So, its not that bad everywhere. :)
I'll say it again #BlizzardHasCranialRectalInversion
04/12/2019 05:23 AMPosted by MissCheetah
04/11/2019 10:02 PMPosted by GhostDragon
Except there isn't a single player report of an issue with the tabs, just the search function. I even tested the PTR again with the alleged combination of factors they blamed and had no trouble and asked to know what else to test and was greeted with silence.

At this point IMO it is lying by omission. If they screwed up on unclear patch notes they just need to fess up. It isn't going to make everyone happy, but what they are doing now is just plain spiteful and rubbing salt in wounds.

Screenshot of the thread because the PTR forums won't be up for much longer:
https://imgur.com/2PoqSrj

Blizz has not blamed the current change on anything. They have not commented at all. I am only speculating based on past comments.

Except she did in the first post in that thread. One of the factors was 100% untrue (there are no Stash tabs from Deluxe Edition) and I asked her to clarify that as well. I even played along after the silence in case it was from the extra character slots or the pet (which can't be changed in a PTR...).
04/12/2019 08:27 AMPosted by GhostDragon
04/12/2019 05:23 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Except she did in the first post in that thread. One of the factors was 100% untrue (there are no Stash tabs from Deluxe Edition) and I asked her to clarify that as well. I even played along after the silence in case it was from the extra character slots or the pet (which can't be changed in a PTR...).

Ah....Bug report forum. I had not seen that yet. Thanks. I thought I had that tab open but I guess not.
Lets look at the numbers. I have excluded legendaries without orange affixes with a couple of exceptions for useful legendaries such as witching hours that is the only belt that can roll AS/CHD. I have also excluded most crafted items. For crafted items, some exceptions include Sage's sets, Reaper's Wrap, Hellfire amulet, etc...

The following is organized as non-set + set items = total

NON-WEAPONS
Helms 13+30=43
Spirit Stones 9+1=10
Voodoo Masks 6+1=7
Wizard Hats 7+0= 7
Shoulder 10+27=37
Chest 10+28=38
Cloaks 5+2=7
Belts 40+3=43
Might Belts 6+1=7
Pants 8+32=40
Boots 11+32=43
Amulets 22+4 =26
Rings 36+7=43
Shields 10+1=11
Crusader Shield 12+1=13
Mojos 8+2=10
Quivers 8+0=8
Phylactery 4+0=4

1- HAND WEAPONS
Axes 6+0=6
Daggers 6+0=6
Maces 7+0=7
Spears 4+0=4
Swords 13+0=13
Ceremonial Knives 11+1=12
Fist Weapons 11+2=13
Flails 9+0=9
Mighty Weapons 5+2=7
Scythes 3+1=4

2-HAND WEAPONS
Axe 3+0=3
Mace 7+0=7
Polearm 5+0=5
Staves 10+0=10
Swords 10+0=10
Daibo 6+0=6
Flails 7+1=8
Might Weapons 5+1=6
Scythes 4+0=4

RANGED WEAPONS
Bows 8+0=8
Crossbows 7+0=7
Hand Crossbows 9+3=12
Wands 8+1=9

RANDOM
Ram Gift 1
Normal gems 15 (5x Marquis, Imperial, and Flawless RoyaL)
Legendary Gems =22 (Uniques not including extra for augmenting)
Infernal machines 4

TOTAL ITEM SPACES =1061 without duplicates or alternate rolls

You could argue that some of these legendary items with orange affixes are "worthless". Even conceding that point, you must recognize that this does not take into account that some items would need to be duplicates/triplicates based on class and builds. A simple exmple is illusory boots that might be nice to have STR/DEX/INT versions. I haven't even gotten to the fact that often you need unique rolls. For examples, thorn builds (LoN Necro and Crusader) don't crit, so you do not want CHC/CHD.
04/12/2019 05:56 AMPosted by Yadoukai
Incredible.

I haven't unlocked a single stash tab yet, because I hate seasons so much. I usually unlock the "soft rewards" (the really easy to get stuff) but after that, I already feel burned out.

I was so thrilled to read that I could finally have more stash for non-season play (where I would need it anyway, who needs so much space during seasons?).

BUT! No. No can do. No fun allowed. Our way, our the highway. I'm so, so disappointed right now. AGAIN. "A QUICK WORD FROM BLIZZARD" and all it contained comes to mind. Why on earth is a gaming company (which I used to love since the Diablo 1 days) so set on disappointing me over and over again? Gnah! I shouldn't feel so bad about a video game, but here we are.

Yeah, sorry, melodrama. But honestly, all this "have this great thing and PSYKE!" is getting to me. I'll quit now.

I hope that you don't get mad at me for what I am about to say. Even though I do play in all three regions (mostly Americas). Even though I have unlocked all four tabs for the Americas. I can say that it is not that hard to unlock them. It is probably easier now than ever before, that is unless they made changes to the five minutes to save the world. Or if they stick them at the end of the road forcing people to complete the journey to unlock them. All that is needed is to have a good plan.

I know if I want to unlock the new ones I know what I would do. First I would check the conquest. As long as there are at least two conquests that I can handle solo. Then I would wait as always to do the Challenge Rift (most are easy during week of new season) till I make a seasonal character. Then I do the Challenge Rift. Collecting the cache of materials is really a great boost to your journey. It will knock out a lot of the objectives in the first few chapters without hardly even batting an eyelash.

Then go through the game with a good leveling build. Carefully watching the remaining objectives to see which ones that I can complete during my path to 70. Then after leveling to seventy I usually will have the two piece set from the gift. Then with that I usually can finish chapter 3. Then with four pieces I work on finishing up chapter four. Then I have the full set. If it isn't what I wanted then I farm for the pieces while paying attention to see what I can complete of the season journey. Continually working on completing objectives as I go is how I actually done it long before challenge rifts existed. I did this one season with my now seasonal demon hunter and it only took me 65 hours to unlock the stash space. That isn't much time if you spread it out during a three month period.

I am not saying this to brag. No, there are others that are far better than me that can do it super fast. Some would've unlocked Guardian long before 65 hours. I am saying that it can be done. Sure it is a time investment but still it is not like it will take hundreds of hours to accomplish.

Like you I hate the idea of stash gating, it opens the door to gating other features. They could've gated the new wardrobe tabs being seasons instead and then you would see a lot of players up in arms. This is my biggest concern, the more things that they gate behind seasons, even though right now it is just stash. The more they could do in the future. Here is an illustration that could become a reality if they gate more than just stash space behind seasons.

This is for D4 or whatever they call their new Diablo game for PC. Just think of a Diablo game that has constant updates similar to PoE. Then think of it having a ton of features that are gated behind seasons. Then in comes a new player that was drawn into the game because of what he saw on Twitch. He seen a whole ton of great QoL features that should be in other games. But didn't know when he bought the game that in order to get most of them he will have to play 3 years worth of seasons to unlock them all. I don't think you will keep a customer very long with something like that. They might even want their money back right away thinking bait and switch.
04/12/2019 09:39 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I did this one season with my now seasonal demon hunter and it only took me 65 hours to unlock the stash space.

I think it take me less long to get the stash tab because I wait to get my season started often a month or two in and find someone to help powerlevel who often gives me a few gear handouts.

But lets be real. If it takes only 30 hours, then you still need to play seasons 270 hours in seasons to get a simple QoL buff. I have already played the 10 of the last 11 seasons. Blizzard wants me to do another 5.

Let me rephrase. I already have the green Dragon Wings for mastering every pre-Necro set dungeon. It seems stupid to have to repeat mastering a set dungeon 5 more times.

At this point, I consider the seasonal journey a glorified tutorial.

Do you know that the mystic can enchant items? Lets put that in.
Do you know that the mystic can transmog an item? Lets put that in.
Do you know that the mystic can enchant a socket on a weapon? Lets put that in.
Do you know that you can teach the Blacksmith recipes? Lets put that in.
Do you know that the Blacksmith can craft an item? Lets put that in.
Do you know that the jeweler can ugrade gems? Lets put that in.
Do you know that the Jeweler can craft a ring/amulet? Lets put that in.
Do you know about Kanai's cube can extract a power? Lets put that in.
Do you know about Kanai's cube can convert a set item? Lets put that in.
Do you know about Kanai's cube can reforge a legendary? Lets put that in.
Etc....

I think that I have learned all this years ago.
04/12/2019 05:56 AMPosted by Yadoukai
Incredible.

I hope that you don't get mad at me for what I am about to say. Even though I do play in all three regions (mostly Americas). Even though I have unlocked all four tabs for the Americas. I can say that it is not that hard to unlock them. It is probably easier now than ever before, that is unless they made changes to the five minutes to save the world. Or if they stick them at the end of the road forcing people to complete the journey to unlock them. All that is needed is to have a good plan.

I know if I want to unlock the new ones I know what I would do. First I would check the conquest. As long as there are at least two conquests that I can handle solo. Then I would wait as always to do the Challenge Rift (most are easy during week of new season) till I make a seasonal character. Then I do the Challenge Rift. Collecting the cache of materials is really a great boost to your journey. It will knock out a lot of the objectives in the first few chapters without hardly even batting an eyelash.

Then go through the game with a good leveling build. Carefully watching the remaining objectives to see which ones that I can complete during my path to 70. Then after leveling to seventy I usually will have the two piece set from the gift. Then with that I usually can finish chapter 3. Then with four pieces I work on finishing up chapter four. Then I have the full set. If it isn't what I wanted then I farm for the pieces while paying attention to see what I can complete of the season journey. Continually working on completing objectives as I go is how I actually done it long before challenge rifts existed. I did this one season with my now seasonal demon hunter and it only took me 65 hours to unlock the stash space. That isn't much time if you spread it out during a three month period.

I am not saying this to brag. No, there are others that are far better than me that can do it super fast. Some would've unlocked Guardian long before 65 hours. I am saying that it can be done. Sure it is a time investment but still it is not like it will take hundreds of hours to accomplish.

Like you I hate the idea of stash gating, it opens the door to gating other features. They could've gated the new wardrobe tabs being seasons instead and then you would see a lot of players up in arms. This is my biggest concern, the more things that they gate behind seasons, even though right now it is just stash. The more they could do in the future. Here is an illustration that could become a reality if they gate more than just stash space behind seasons.

This is for D4 or whatever they call their new Diablo game for PC. Just think of a Diablo game that has constant updates similar to PoE. Then think of it having a ton of features that are gated behind seasons. Then in comes a new player that was drawn into the game because of what he saw on Twitch. He seen a whole ton of great QoL features that should be in other games. But didn't know when he bought the game that in order to get most of them he will have to play 3 years worth of seasons to unlock them all. I don't think you will keep a customer very long with something like that. They might even want their money back right away thinking bait and switch.

I'm not mad at you, but I believe you misunderstood me. I don't think unlocking the seasonal stash rewards would be difficult, and I imagine I could do it. I just find it unjustifiably boring and tedious to do.

I don't want to play seasons. I hate seasons. I want to play my other characters, gather stuff and try out new builds. I stopped that because I ran out of stash space. This season, I even tried to do some recommended build and go as far as I could, but at some point I just go "I really don't enjoy this" and quit. And I find it rather ironic that I need to play seasons to unlock stash tabs that would benefit me most in non-seasons. Are there really people who exclusively play seasons and need all that space?

Anyway, Blizzard is not going to change that, I'm sure of that. They never listen. They never care.

I thank you, though, for taking the time to write all that, it is appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.
When the Seasonal tabs were first added they could be difficult if not next to impossible to earn depending on your class. Barb as a prime example.

It was even stated live by WC during Blizzcon 2015 that they did NOT want everyone to get them. Given the utter lack of balance in the game at the time that was an incredibly crappy stance to take and a quite baffling anti-customer attitude as well.

Things have changed since then. Any class and any set can complete the Season Journey. In the hands of an above average player all of them can do at least GR 100. The Season Journey for a skilled player is now just a tedious chore for many. For those with less free time it may be seen as too difficult to bother with. For many average to below average or new players the Journey is seen as an impossible task. The forum and in game chat is filled every season with those asking for help or how is it even possible. By and large the D3 community tries to encourage, teach or directly help those who are new or struggling.

Another change was the Necromancer that GAVE two stash tabs upon purchase. Which based on past and current Blizzard claims is "impossible" for them to do when they feel like using it as an excuse. This last one bursts several of their bubbles; they can sell stash tabs, they can give them to everyone, they don't have to gate them behind a task and lastly, simply adding more stash tabs didn't make the game crash.
I can say that it is not that hard to unlock them

I don't see anyone that's complained that they're hard to unlock. They're not, at all. I've done the requirements to unlock them in every season besides one, I'd have 15 if there were one available every single season. Difficulty isnt the issue. Time gating them is. 1 every three months is the problem.

I know if I want to unlock the new ones I know what I would do.

Well, bit of a problem there. You say 'ones' as if you think you can unlock more than one per season. You can't. We are stuck waiting until season 21 until we have this 'quality of life' actually implemented. Thats at very least 12 months from now. New players will have to wait for 9 seasons to have them all unlocked. Thats 27 months. Over two years. It's horrible game design, and that's the problem that most people are having, from what I've seen.
04/12/2019 08:39 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Ah....Bug report forum. I had not seen that yet. Thanks. I thought I had that tab open but I guess not.

Known Issue: Stash Tab Bug
The sad thing is no one on the PTR can replicate this bug, so you would think it would of become a non issue but they still changed the Patch Notes and took the 5 Stash Tabs away from everyone, with no explication or a heads up.
What the heck are they thinking?
Complete bull!@#$ and lack of integrity from the company, %^-*ting on PC players who play the game.
I have maxed the 4 and won't be farming anymore.
I play Heroes of the Storm on a daily basis. I first played that game five months ago and all I wanted was my cool HoTS themed portrait and pennant for Diablo 3. Which I had to get to player level 12. I'm now at player level 313 just playing against the AI on Heroes of the Storm.

I was able to finish all my seasonal journey in Season 16 balancing my time between Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3. I still don't know how I did it, I didn't even reach a high paragon level and I soloed the entire time. But I was glad that I finally obtained my fourth seasonal stash tab to max myself out.

Then I heard we're getting five additional stash tabs. I was super excited! And I was thinking of coming back to DIablo 3 full time in Season 17. I didn't care if the 5 stash tabs came via in-game gold or if we had to pay money for them in the in-game Diablo shop. I've spent a lot of money on Heroes of the Storm already (over $300) so I'd easily pay some cash on Diablo 3 stash tabs.

But now I find out the stash tabs are buried behind more seasonal journeys? I mean really? I don't necessarily mind doing more seasons but time is money to me. I'm in my late 30's now. I don't have the energy I used to have as a teenager when I first started playing Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.

I'm not sure I can finish the Season 17 journey while still completing all my daily quests on Heroes of the Storm. I don't have that energy to play PC games all night long. The DIablo 3 devs should have taken the needs of the older players that have supported them financially from day one!