PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 65 Next
04/12/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Flansy
Well, bit of a problem there. You say 'ones' as if you think you can unlock more than one per season.

If I instead said if I wanted to unlock a new one then someone else would've said what about the other four. I group all five together because all of them are new to the game that will be added with this patch.

04/12/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Flansy
Over two years. It's horrible game design, and that's the problem that most people are having, from what I've seen.

Go back and check the end of my reply and you will see what I have to say about them adding in stash space. To me it is just another foot in the door to add some other QoL feature for this game, unlikely, or for D4 (likely). Then you have that make believe situation that could end badly if that did play out because Blizz would do such a thing.
04/12/2019 05:54 PMPosted by Mupasthech
The playerbase is telling you that you're doing something wrong. The feedback is there, this patch isn't live yet, please fix this and just let everyone have the 5 tabs.

There might a very small chance you might get heard in the PTR Feedback Forum but don't count on it, unless you holler really loud, they don't hear so well there either.
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

With all due respect, Nevalistis, this is another opportunity to foster communication.

Much of the community wants additional tabs not to be unlocked with the season.

I'm not saying that you obey the community. I say: listen.

Edit: you made a mistake, and thanks to this mistake you know more about the community. Take advantage of it!

In my opinion, the best is mix both ideas: give a couple of tabs and let others unlock with the season.

(sorry, my english is not good)
04/12/2019 05:15 PMPosted by Alexismad
As of the last year or two, Blizz needs to realize their marketing, PR, and customer service departments in general are doing a terrible job. It is probably due to incompetence, under-staffing, out of touch management, or a combination of the three. You have a sizable fan base that is quickly diminishing, figure out the internal stuff first, then get back to us.

I myself would've loved some action but know that it won't happen. Being transparent from day one saying that they would be season gated wouldn't stir up any drama. Who knows Blizz might secretly be drama queens and love this negative attention. Although it is not the attention that you would really want, go figure.
Ssdd everyone

Are you really surprised?

Modus operandi.
04/12/2019 06:32 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
I myself would've loved some action but know that it won't happen. Being transparent from day one saying that they would be season gated wouldn't stir up any drama.

Totally agree with you. Still, they made the mistake, which they are humans and humans do make mistakes, but it is always better to fix the mistake rather than make more mistakes off of it.

04/12/2019 06:32 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Who knows Blizz might secretly be drama queens and love this negative attention. Although it is not the attention that you would really want, go figure.

Either that or they are completely out of touch, or just really, really stupid.
stash space is gamecore crucial.

i play 14 characters from all classes in normal.
-still my characters inventories are standard half full or more.
-problems with stash space began after 500 of the now 5000+ hours played.

that's why i posted and still have the opinion that stash space is gamecore crucial.
-the game should provide enough as core part of the game, for all character slots.
I wonder if gated stash tabs were one of those
Diablo Projects they were working on, that
they announced at Blizzcon, lol

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

God, I laughed so hard here my sides hurt.

2019 and you're still saying you are working your hardest to improve communication, while messing so much on something so comically simple as that stash space fiasco? Damn you lost all the little credibility you had if you really intend on gating these 5 extra stash spaces.

If you guys are really wanting to work on your communication to the community, the best advice I can give you is to stick to your main forum on this site, and not social media.
It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.
Could have? SHOULD have. It's utter incompetence to withhold critical information the way you did.

If the intention was to gate the stash tabs behind seasons, why was it not there to begin with?

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver.
Promptness, or rather lack of it, is bad enough.

The real issue is how such an important piece of info was omitted in the first place, assuming it was supposed to be there at all.

We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.
Improving communications? Again? Really?!

How many times must we go through this?

How many screw ups will it take before communications is actually improved?

Are you even aware that you have been parroting the same lines repeatedly for years?

No one in their right mind takes this statement seriously. Stop regurgitating the same excuses; your communications regime is a complete shambles.

And you still wonder why players are angry.
We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

It doesn't matter what your intention is when it is wrong in the first place. This is a much needed QoL improvement that shouldn't be locked behind seasons because it takes way too much time to unlock at this point.
It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time.

If that was always the original intention the patch notes would have said so when they were first released.

We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

"You'll get these immediately"
"You'll need another 15-18 months to get these"
How does the second statement count as clarification of the first?
That's not clarification, that's a change.

If you wanted to be clear, and correct an oversight in the patch notes, why did you surreptitiously change them without making players aware of it? It's almost as if you were trying to change them without anyone noticing.

Sorry, but changing a QoL that players have been asking for - for years - from something immediately available to something they have to spend another year and a half earning and then retrospectively claiming it was always intended to be that way, is nonsense and we don't believe it.
04/12/2019 06:22 PMPosted by Windigo
04/12/2019 05:54 PMPosted by Mupasthech
The playerbase is telling you that you're doing something wrong. The feedback is there, this patch isn't live yet, please fix this and just let everyone have the 5 tabs.

There might a very small chance you might get heard in the PTR Feedback Forum but don't count on it, unless you holler really loud, they don't hear so well there either.

Meanwhile, you can bet if it was a bug that benefited players, it'd be fixed before you can ask if we have a phone.
Blizzard,it's not our fault to keep what we think might be useful later or for some other builds,it's annoying to travel through toons to look for some items,and aparantly ur search function don't work in other toon's inventory,as for me,3 more tabs should be enough atm,and like many of us here,i don't believe the stash tab was intented be unlocked over time in seasons..
04/12/2019 05:17 PMPosted by MasterJay

I'm actually not even upset about prompt communication, I'm upset about your notes. The note: "All players" can get confused with seasons and non-seasons in which you actually meant "All platforms" because NS gets nothing so it's not all players. Additionally you should have written in 'PTR only: all 5 are available for testing purposes'.

So really the uproar is probably your fault, point blank. That or you are covering up for your higher ups bait and switch. So which is it? I know wouldn't get a straight answer for that, you'll just take the fall for it anyway. But this all points to the devs changing their mind rather than some goof in the notes. If it was intended all along to just be PTR for all the tabs then why even go through the effort of putting precise gold costs for them?

Yah they changed their minds. I'm almost 100% sure.

Thank you! If I worded this I would of been ba... whoaa, almost said 'it'... I would of been 'sent on vacation.'
04/12/2019 10:40 PMPosted by Meteorblade
It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time.

If that was always the original intention the patch notes would have said so when they were first released.

We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

"You'll get these immediately"
"You'll need another 15-18 months to get these"
How does the second statement count as clarification of the first?
That's not clarification, that's a change.

If you wanted to be clear, and correct an oversight in the patch notes, why did you surreptitiously change them without making players aware of it? It's almost as if you were trying to change them without anyone noticing.

Sorry, but changing a QoL that players have been asking for - for years - from something immediately available to something they have to spend another year and a half earning and then retrospectively claiming it was always intended to be that way, is nonsense and we don't believe it.

Yeah Nevs answer just smells bad like a complete bs answer.

I think the D3 maintenance team came up with this on their own but a few days later a higher power was like... nah not happening, gate em for better MAU.
We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes;

That still signals a lack of feedback between teams. Please look into that before worrying about not enough communication with us. I was quite surprised when you announced such feature to be honest, I thought Blizzard was willing to invest in an old game despite it has no hope of renewal.

Latest slip up occured to me as; you tried something by trusting capabilities of server staff and sadly it didn't work as you expected. You could act more cautious about testing features and announce them properly in the future. This would be enough.
I get a feeling someone is getting thrown under the bus here...

The real powers that be never take responsibility.
The reaction from the community to this is surprising even me, and I want these tabs as much as the rest of you.

Blizzard, I dont think corralling people into seasons with the carrot of stash tabs is going to work anymore. Those patch notes seem to have just broke the dam. They want these stash tabs, and they dont want to be manipulated into playing a certain way in order to get them.

You claim to be listening. We will always hold you to that, and perhaps thats a bit unfair for every situation. But I cannot think of any moment better than this for you to prove it. Lets see.