PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 65 Next
I mean lets take a middle ground here ,give us 3 stash tabs and keep the 5 for Season so we can round it of at 20. People will still do Season to get the reward so u can keep your investors happy and the NS players don't continue to get screwed over.
04/13/2019 05:50 PMPosted by alan
I mean lets take a middle ground here ,give us 3 stash tabs and keep the 5 for Season so we can round it of at 20. People will still do Season to get the reward so u can keep your investors happy and the NS players don't continue to get screwed over.

Better solution: give out stash tabs with immediate access at a rate of 1 or 2 per season/patch (assuming every season gets a patch going forward). Any stashgating behind seasons still disadvantages NS players.

I'd be happy with a patch dropping just before a season starts, giving me a tab so I can offload my gear from a character's inventory without having to make hard decisions on what to delete the week beforehand, and then rebirth that character.

But I do agree that 20 tabs total should be the target.
Wow. Blizzard tries to rebuild some goodwill and then decides to screw over their customers instead.

Blizzard, you keep saying that you are going to have better communication but then you don't do it. Why should we care about anything you say at this point since you double-back on everything you tell us?
04/13/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Mugsy
04/13/2019 05:50 PMPosted by alan

Better solution: give out stash tabs with immediate access at a rate of 1 or 2 per season/patch (assuming every season gets a patch going forward). Any stashgating behind seasons still disadvantages NS players.

I'd be happy with a patch dropping just before a season starts, giving me a tab so I can offload my gear from a character's inventory without having to make hard decisions on what to delete the week beforehand, and then rebirth that character.

But I do agree that 20 tabs total should be the target.

At this point, any form of gating is unwanted by the players, especially after the initial release of the PTR. This is one time where the players are very unlikely to compromise, given these QoL features should have been baked in, not gated, and certainly not for 1.5/2.5 years for veterans and new players respectively.
So Day 4 of Stashgate.

It's amazing how this PR train wreak gets worse and worse.

Even the spin control failed because we can all just look at the initial patch notes that had no hint of gating in them. I agree that this can't be a Nev mistake.

The Devs probably intended to give 5 stash as an olive branch (and it would have been a great way to restore some credibility) but the Big Boss found out.

He/She (notorious bean counter) yells, "Get the bus rolling cause we gotta throw someone under it."

So sad how this once great company can't seem to get anything right these days.
04/13/2019 05:47 PMPosted by Mugsy

One thing's dawned on me, if the devs intend to provide more regular patches with each season, couldn't they just roll out an extra one or two tabs with each patch if they're worried about performance issues?

Blizzard would like you to think if they start adding stash tabs, Diablo 3 would fall to pieces.

I have 28 stash tabs in PoE. Each tab is 12x12. Lots of people have over 50 tabs. Nobody's ever complained about even a stutter due to their stash size. PoE is an indie game. One person built the engine from scratch, presumably on a shoestring budget with very little resources and very little help.

So, how does an indie game from a startup company in New Zealand with a crappy engine handle the situation better than one of the biggest developers in the industry, thats backed by one of the biggest publishers?

Either that PoE guy is a programming god - kinda like a mix between Adrian Carmack and Stephen Hawking - or Blizzard isn't being entirely truthful about the whole stash/performance thing.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver.

But that's what you're best known for, dear.

Failing to deliver, that is.
For what's it's worth, I'm driving my wife of 16 years insane with my extra time, and she's asking me to start playing again.

HAHAHAHAHA
04/13/2019 06:32 PMPosted by spirited
Either that PoE guy is a programming god - kinda like a mix between Adrian Carmack and Stephen Hawking - or Blizzard isn't being entirely truthful about the whole stash/performance thing.

On the console side, they are definitely being honest about it. Despite being able to use modern drives, console OSes have horrendous I/O limitations. And anyone that's played Witcher 3 and has sold a lot of items to vendors knows this firsthand.

Now, the PC side? This shouldn't be an issue unless Blizzard is using a seriously buggy version of whatever database they use for D3's character/account data. It certainly isn't going to be that much of an I/O issue as server drives are almost always either SAS/SAS2 or PCIe backplane HBAs. Enterprise level hardware gets all the cool stuff. :)
I Guess Next Blue Post Will Be "What? Didn't Your Guys Have A Seasonal Hero?
So, they can give the 5 stash tabs over time, but not at once due to the server or applications. Hmmmm... that smells like bs to me.

Does anyone believe between now and in 1.5ish years the servers or applications are going to change? Or are they banking on the player base to shrink even more?
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Over the past few years, you and the D3 team have failed to deliver on many many things and yet the simplest job of typing something up shouldnt take this long. AND YET YOU STILL HAVE BASICALLY LISTENED TO 0 OF WHAT THE D3 COMMUNITY WANTS.
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

After all these years you finally admit that. UNACCEPTABLE!
f*ck those wasted years we reminding you guys.

im just laughing here
lol
04/13/2019 06:32 PMPosted by spirited
So, how does an indie game from a startup company in New Zealand with a crappy engine handle the situation better than one of the biggest developers in the industry, thats backed by one of the biggest publishers?

LOVE solves everything mate... even if it's just love for one's work.

(just taking the mickey out on the whole situation. I definitely agree with your point.)
Dont forget this season was extended two months for the developers to bring us these awesome new changes and quality of life improvements.
[

Either that PoE guy is a programming god - kinda like a mix between Adrian Carmack and Stephen Hawking - or Blizzard isn't being entirely truthful about the whole stash/performance thing.[/quote]

POE has brains and integrity, Blizzard doesn't they are complete BS, to quote Ron White" You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever"

That is what we are dealing with doing business with Blizzard
so we just don't get them.
really? why?
Even Wolfcryer is asking for the stash tabs to just be given to us and suggesting that the devs just listen to the community on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZWIQ6kSnM
Everyone else: Stash tabs!

Me: I aint keeping NONE of that TRASH.
04/13/2019 09:46 PMPosted by Beamoth
Me: I aint keeping NONE of that TRASH.

I can see that. You're missing a tonne of crit on your gear for non thorns based builds.