PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 65 Next
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can.

There was no confusion. No confusion whatsoever. You announced five new stash tabs which almost every last player wants and then changed your mind and announced something different.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR [...] We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner..
As noted above, it was clear from the beginning, you were making five stash tabs available for purchase via gold. The change you announced only days later is also clear. You get to change your minds, but if you expect me to be happy about the change because somehow the crystal clear wording wasn't your original intent, I'm not.

When I heard the original announcement that we were getting five new stash tabs, I was psyched to slam into season 17 like a hurricane. When I heard about the reversal about 10 minutes ago, plus the fact that to the LoN season buff is so incredibly disappointing to me, that hurricane of excitement just faced away.

In case my vote matters in any way, I cast it for going with the originally announced five extra stash tabs purchasable directly for gold *and* raising the cap on extra stash stabs from completing seasonal goals from 4 to 9.
Finally a blue response puts an end to this ridiculous cryout.
Play the game, get rewards. No free ride for logging in, thanks.
You know, I don't care if Diablo 4 is the greatest game ever made. I am not giving blizzard/activision one more dime of my money

The point the devs and Blizzard is missing isn't about the bait and switch, but the fact that a necessary QoL change is being gated "yet again" as a disservice to it's playerbase. Had Blizzard wrote in the initial post that 5 new stash tabs would be made available by completing conquerer over the next 5 seasons...aka Decemberish 2020, the playerbase would not have been complacent as you're implying they would be through "clear communication".

Stash tabs should not be gated. That is what the uproar is about.

Exactly.

This game has been WOEFULLY insufficient in storage since day 1.

5 more tabs was exciting because it might FINALLY get it to a point where it was decent.
04/14/2019 12:49 AMPosted by Cambios
5 more tabs was exciting because it might FINALLY get it to a point where it was decent.

Since the introduction of the armoury, I try to set up at least two sets per character (I have at least two characters per class). With this setup, most of that character's inventory is used up holding the sets and any variations leaving little room for extra, well rolled legendaries to be stored on that character itself.

It's not as big an issue for the 3 classes I have 3 characters for but for the 4 classes I only have 2 characters for, they really need their own dedicated stash tab. That 5th tab would have allowed me to store the inventory items for a second character to rebirth for seasons where I need a second class to do some of the conquests.

That was what I was looking forward to the most with this next patch.

The key point here was promptness in communication

[/quote]

No it is not, the key point is you don't listen to customer feedback. We don't want them gated behind season journeys x 5.

It's not a communication problem, it's a hearing and understand problem on your end.
[quote="207700677874"]
The key point here was promptness in communication

Maybe if Diablo’s CM actually engaged the community and understood what is being requested (and why), maybe those meetings were the furnaces were burning hot, that view could have been expressed. Just a thought.

For a company this large, the almost complete lack of involvement by the one position that should be engaged is telling. Maybe all those suits are getting misinformation or no information about the player base - I wonder.

Every other online rpg/mmo I have ever played has more DIRECT interaction with the CMs, Devs, GDs, etc than Diablo on their forums.
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

If ActiBliz communication was measured and displayed as a figure between 0 and 100, with 100 being full transparent honest communication with many many posts every day in response to concerns, bugs, and general communication etc, and 0 being no posts what so ever, and then your so called "improvement to communication pipeline" shown as a percentage, this is what you would get.

Current Communication level : 1
Improvement goal : +200% (WOW such a huge % improvement ! )
Result: 3% .

Its still utterly trash.

You don't have communication, u have scattered comments and statements here and there, very very little responses to actual posts, and damn near no actions taken in direct request and/or direction from players either as a group or individual.

You cant expect to have good consumer feedback, you cant expect to have players on your side, when u don't communicate with them, simply spouting statements every now and then doesn't work and only acts to make matters worse.

The !@#$ty thing about this is that you already know this, and so what ur (ActiBliz) doing is purposeful.
Welp, in 7 seasons I can be stash tab capped. Yay! /s What's that 2-3 years?
Gating these additional stash tabs behind seasons must of been thought up or signed off by the same person or people who thought revealing Diablo Immortal at BlizzCon 2018 without any major Diablo for PC announcement was a good idea.

Both of these decisions are on the same level of stupid.
04/14/2019 07:18 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Gating these additional stash tabs behind seasons must of been thought up or signed off by the same person or people who thought revealing Diablo Immortal at BlizzCon 2018 without any major Diablo for PC announcement was a good idea.

Because #BlizzardHasCranialRectalInversion
We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything.

Imagine the balls it takes to just blatantly lie about something like this
To not even care enough to say something like "uh... based on the feedback and server stability we decided to... uh... not make those available right away". Instead you try to gaslight us into thinking we were wrong while at the same time not backtracking when it comes to consoles?
Jesus Christ every time I think you guys hit your lowest point you keep digging

You are confusing your wants with what is actually happening.

For instance:
When my friends and I loaded up PTR last week we loved the 5 new stash tabs for gold to max out our total.
We then discussed this wonderful event, we all agreed, that no matter what happens in S17 it is not likely that we will be able to get these 5 tabs all at once for ingame gold.
We figured most likely it would be the way it's always been:
One per season completing Conqueror.
04/14/2019 08:33 AMPosted by Sadmir
We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything.

Imagine the balls it takes to just blatantly lie about something like this
To not even care enough to say something like "uh... based on the feedback and server stability we decided to... uh... not make those available right away". Instead you try to gaslight us into thinking we were wrong while at the same time not backtracking when it comes to consoles?
Jesus Christ every time I think you guys hit your lowest point you keep digging

04/13/2019 09:20 AMPosted by GhostDragon
04/13/2019 09:08 AMPosted by MicroRNA
I wonder who else noticed the glaring omission in the blue post. Although they were quick to point out that extra stash space caused technical issues for consoles, no such statement was made about PC. Certainly, if there was a technical issue for PCs, it would have been likewise noted. Just saying...

I wonder if the PTR bug sticky was the first PR attempt to lay the foundation/explanation of gating stash tabs, but when no one reported any crash there (irrespective of the root cause), they knew saying it was a technical issue on PC would make them look like a laughing stock or alternatively, incompetent for not being able to fix their code. Either way it was a bad look so they came up with the whole intent/clarification thing, hoping that no one would highlight the incoherence with their initial Patch note.

There was more than one lie in that PTR bug post that I called out, the claim that Digital Deluxe gave stash tabs. IMO the whole thing was fiction and a smoke screen. There were no player crash reports in that thread, the PTR bug and discussion forums, the tech support forum or the regular bug report forum (which sadly got more PTR posts than the PTR bug forum...).

The fact there was silence when that was called out and when asking for clarifications on what specific things to test when the rest of the claimed conditions were met pretty much proves the "issue" was fiction.
Is that really the message that gets vetted by the higher ups? I've read enough of Nev's earlier posts to know she doesn't write that kind of corporate babble. It's not her style, not her way of writing at all.

It's also insulting, condescending, and apathetic.

How you managed all of that in such a short passage, well, you know, I give up trying to understand.

I'm going to go play a game whose developers treat me like a person and not an MAU stat.
04/14/2019 08:43 AMPosted by Chetanji

For instance:
When my friends and I loaded up PTR last week we loved the 5 new stash tabs for gold to max out our total.
We then discussed this wonderful event, we all agreed, that no matter what happens in S17 it is not likely that we will be able to get these 5 tabs all at once for ingame gold.

Thankfully not everyone thinks as you did apparently.

I read the patch notes and like 90 some percent of the player base (yes, I totally pulled that out of my butt), we got the very distinct impression that they were simply being added. Which was GREAT!

Patch notes had placed the stash tab info under QoL and stated they were going to be for everyone. That would hint that everyone included both non-seasonal and seasonal players. There was NO MENTION of anything about the stash tabs in the seasonal journey in the original patch notes. Nothing. Notta. Zilch.

THEN.

They changed it. And then the community got pissed. Including myself.

Its not right and it needs reversed or in the VERY least, a compromise or something!

For instance:
That's incorrect.

When Blizzard announced the new patch, they said it would offer 5 stash tabs up front for just gold, giving players the "quality of life" change they've been asking for years. Players cheered.

Some time after, Blizzard slipped in a major caveat out of nowhere which made it so that stash tabs would be gated behind seasons. Players are angry. Days later, they stated this was the intention all along but for some strange reason this was omitted from the original notes. Players are even more angry.

It's hard to call it a "quality of life" change was you are forced to jump through hoops to get it.
When this thread hits its 500 post cap, do you think Blizzard will remove that limit?
04/14/2019 09:12 AMPosted by MicroRNA
When this thread hits its 500 post cap, do you think Blizzard will remove that limit?

If I ask for it, maybe. Nev has the ability to do that and it would prevent forum spam and duplicate threads. I don't bother her when she is off work on the weekends though so it would have to wait for her to be in on Monday. That is usually around 10ish Pacific time. Most of the Community team work a shift that has them around during the hours the US is busiest, including some prime time.

For instance:

Not at all. I read English and can understand the words written. The blue post even admits their change and attempts to deceive with the original “intent”.

The fact that you “expect” them to lie, change their minds, etc. actually should alarm Blizz more than my disappointment with them for making the change.