PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 64 Next
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

This is not the key point. Don't change the subject. The 400 posts in this thread are right on the key point.
04/14/2019 09:23 AMPosted by JoeUtopia
The fact that you “expect” them to lie, change their minds, etc. actually should alarm Blizz

The fact that it doesn't is why they continue to do it.
Highly Rated
The fact that you “expect” them to lie, change their minds, etc.

Eeeeh....it is not unreasonable to question the initial patch notes.

Blizzard: Everyone on PC gets 5 stash tabs!
Players: *look suspiciously at Blizzard* Really, what is the catch? Must check out the PTR and see how they rolled this out.
PTR: *grants 5 stash tabs for gold*
Players: Holy cow Blizzard LISTENED!!!!
Blizzard: *changes the Patch notes to reflect Season gating but does not announce that they were updated*
Me: Hey everyone you really need to know about the Stash change now, not when it goes Live and you get surprised. Also, Blizz please don't do this.
Players: WTF Blizz?! Don't do this, or at least compromise.
PTR: Report stash issues here! *nobody reports any stash issues on PC despite intentionally testing maxed out stash*
Blizzard: No, really, we meant to do this all along...also our testing revealed server issues on PC with increased stash for everyone.
Players: So you meant to do it all along, but ALSO did it because of issues that nobody reported? Blizz, we don't believe you.
Everyone: See Blizz, this is why people don't trust you to do what is in the best interest of the players (and therefore yourselves).
Sadly, MissCheetah, the forums only allow me to award you a single like.
That being the case, please consider this as a token of my appreciation...
https://data.whicdn.com/images/137285314/large.jpg
04/14/2019 09:37 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The fact that you “expect” them to lie, change their minds, etc.

Eeeeh....it is not unreasonable to question the initial patch notes.

Blizzard: Everyone on PC gets 5 stash tabs!
Players: *look suspiciously at Blizzard* Really, what is the catch? Must check out the PTR and see how they rolled this out.
PTR: *grants 5 stash tabs for gold*
Players: Holy cow Blizzard LISTENED!!!!
Blizzard: *changes the Patch notes to reflect Season gating but does not announce that they were updated*
Me: Hey everyone you really need to know about the Stash change now, not when it goes Live and you get surprised. Also, Blizz please don't do this.
Players: WTF Blizz?! Don't do this, or at least compromise.
PTR: Report stash issues here! *nobody reports any stash issues on PC despite intentionally testing maxed out stash*
Blizzard: No, really, we meant to do this all along...also our testing revealed server issues on PC with increased stash for everyone.
Players: So you meant to do it all along, but ALSO did it because of issues that nobody reported? Blizz, we don't believe you.
Everyone: See Blizz, this is why people don't trust you to do what is in the best interest of the players (and therefore yourselves).

What I said is to everyone defending Blizz. They expected to be hoodwinked. I expected to believe what I was told and the when it changed, to be told the truth and not have an attempt to make it my ability to read.
04/14/2019 09:56 AMPosted by JoeUtopia
What I said is to everyone defending Blizz. They expected to be hoodwinked. I expected to believe what I was told and the when it changed, to be told the truth and not have an attempt to make it my ability to read.

What I was trying to point out is that it is reasonable to expect to be hoodwinked. Morally it is wrong and companies should not do it. We all agree there. However, it happens all the time which is why consumers question corporations, communications, and advertisements.

You are totally right - it should not happen! They are also right - it happens all the time so you kind of have to look out for yourself.

This one bugs me more than normal though because even if the patch notes were wrong, the PTR gave them for gold which, when paired with the patch notes, set the expectation that we really would get them. Even those who DID question Blizz, thought we got stash tabs for gold. (with a few very cynical exceptions).

People are bitter and cynical towards most companies because this kind of crap is normal.

Shout out to a good one though. Chewy is fantastic for getting me all my cat stuff at good prices, very fast free shipping, handwritten cards - even Bday cards for my cats, and having amazing customer service. They also do a lot of charity support for animal welfare. Oh, and they don't mislead anyone that I have found so far.
MissCheetah nails the problem perfectly. All of you with your 'people just want stuff for free' and 'stop hoarding' non arguments, just read MC's posts when you get one of those kindergarten level rebuttals forming in your heads.

I didn't believe them when they first said that to many Stash Tabs would break their servers. I called them out on it back then didn't make no difference and I called them out 4 days ago in the Bug Report Sticky:

"I have to call it, it is a lie.
Is there is another game out there that crashes because of a few Item Stash's? I don't think so. Most games I have seen welcome people that want extra Stash space, and will offer them one way or another.
So cut the crap and tell the players what the real issue is!"

And again it made no difference.
I still can't press that start button.
Please don't force us to grind seasons for stash tabs. This would be very disappointing.

Cheers Euclid
This is what I don’t understand. Does everyone that plays season need the same amount of stash space as non season? It’s my understanding that what you earn through seasons carries over to non season. I have a ton more loot in non season than I do seasons. Wouldn’t it make sense that we need more space in non season? So to fix your stash storage space issues and crashing.... just lesson the amount of space in seasons and give it to non season. You don’t need as many tabs of space in season as you do non season. Then you have same amount of storage and no more crashing.
When people where whooping and high fiving in the patch note thread about the 5 stash tabs being avail to all...

why didn't Blizzard step in to correct everyone? Surely someone at Blizz knew what was happening in that thread, and how people had the wrong end of the stick? Where were the moderators?
04/14/2019 11:19 AMPosted by spirited
When people where whooping and high fiving in the patch note thread about the 5 stash tabs being avail to all...

why didn't Blizzard step in to correct everyone? Surely someone at Blizz knew what was happening in that thread, and how people had the wrong end of the stick? Where were the moderators?

Their too busy almost ignoring reddit and twitter to bother with the official forum.
04/14/2019 11:01 AMPosted by regawS
This is what I don’t understand. Does everyone that plays season need the same amount of stash space as non season? It’s my understanding that what you earn through seasons carries over to non season. I have a ton more loot in non season than I do seasons. Wouldn’t it make sense that we need more space in non season? So to fix your stash storage space issues and crashing.... just lesson the amount of space in seasons and give it to non season. You don’t need as many tabs of space in season as you do non season. Then you have same amount of storage and no more crashing.

If we're doing things like gathering gear for LoN or the set dungeons (for those that like them), then yes, we need that stash space. And those that run in groups acquire usable gear obscenely fast, and those stash spaces get eaten like Pac Man's dots.

Even solo I'm running out of stash space this season. I've set aside a tab for each class for the season to non-seasonal rollover so I can get that gear mailed to my NS alts to store in their inventories or wear. I've got a stash tab specifically for primals and items to store for LoN (for any class). I've got one for the legendary gems that is also used for LoN items. I've got a tab for infernal keys, gems (hardcore), and a hold for items that I swap out or am in the process of preparing to use but needs things like augments first. And I've got another tab for puzzle rings, bovine bardiches, and my Ramaladni's Gifts. And I have one tab devoted to holding unidentified items so I don't have to ID them after every single rift. I do it in batches.

So all of my tabs are taken and yes, I could really use more, especially if I start finding more usable LoN equipment. It'll get worse next season as the LoN theme will have me wanting to find that kind of gear instead of just sets, thus I'll need even more space.

Seasonal characters can max out their stash tabs quite easily, so it isn't just a non-seasonal thing.
there is a patch 2.6.5? i havent patch mine to 2.6.4 yet :)
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

We've heard this same song and dance since Vanilla Nev. Communication on your end (blizzards) has been a failing endeavor from the onset of D3. What policy changes have you guys implemented to improve it? What staffing additions have you added to improve it? Maybe things are being changed on other fronts, but D3, it's been continuously neglected, to put it lightly.

Lets be honest though, this is all fluff and no substance. We know nothing is really going to change Nev.
04/09/2019 01:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Blizzard, please please don't do this to the PC players. Let us buy the stash tabs for gold like Console Players.

That feeling when even the MVP posters are getting tired of Blizzards poor decision making skills.
The first patch notes were basically as close to flawless as I have ever seen them...then suddenly Blizzard pulls this on us for literally no reason.
Just make the stash tabs purchasable from the start.
I can not even conceive of a reason to do anything other than that.

Let. Us. Buy. The. Stash. Tabs.
Nobody wants to take another two years to earn all the stash tabs on pc.
04/14/2019 12:37 PMPosted by TracersBum
That feeling when even the MVP posters are getting tired of Blizzards poor decision making skills.

Um...I have news. Almost every MVP disagrees enough, or is tired enough, to have moved on from D3.

I remain, but have been speaking out for years when I disagree. It is not new. I do it in public here, and I do it in private with Blizz. Someone has to be left to speak up, to try to see sides, to try to explain and bridge. To do what is best for players while understanding corporate objectives. Hard to balance.

The only difference is I tend to ask politely and offer constructive criticism vs insults. I try hard to treat others the way I want to be treated :)
04/14/2019 12:42 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Almost every MVP disagrees enough, or is tired enough, to have moved on from D3.

Stuff like this is why, even though I was offered one, I could never contemplate being green on the forums as there's absolutely no way I could try and defend some of the blue nonsense that gets posted.
04/14/2019 01:06 PMPosted by Meteorblade
04/14/2019 12:42 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Almost every MVP disagrees enough, or is tired enough, to have moved on from D3.

Stuff like this is why, even though I was offered one, I could never contemplate being green on the forums as there's absolutely no way I could try and defend some of the blue nonsense that gets posted.

The good part is I don't have to defend anything. By nature I try to see both sides because that is the most logical way to handle things. I find by doing that it is easier to find a resolution everyone is comfy with.

There are a lot of times though where I can say "I see WHY Blizz did X, but I don't agree with it and think they should not".

The closest we come be "defending" Blizz on most things is simply explaining WHY something was done. Saying why it was done does not mean I agree with that they did, I am just trying to share the rationale Blizz used so they can form more effective stances against it. A discussion in which you address your opponents concerns tends to be more effective.

The day they order me to say something, is the day I pack my little green bags for good. Thankfully I don't think that will ever happen with the folks I deal with. When you don't get paid or compensated they have no right to order you around. Blizz is well aware of that.
Decisions I personally disagree with made for valid reasons I can understand. It's when they make a decision and aren't honest about the reasons behind it that infuriate the hell out of me.