PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 65 Next
04/14/2019 10:28 PMPosted by Danutz23
I will do if season not not start from scratch and need to do entire story, unlock everything... ... if would allow me directly to enter adventure mode and playing rift/grifts with everything unlocked(blacksmith, cube... ...) then maybe I will play.

For the record, it does let you do adventure mode, you do not have to play story/campaign. You can run a rift as level 1. But GRs and upper torments are locked till you hit level 70.

But that's it.
Alternative is to provide unshared stash tabs (1/character). Organize your armory saves between unshared and shared.
04/14/2019 10:49 PMPosted by SilverFox
Alternative is to provide unshared stash tabs (1/character). Organize your armory saves between unshared and shared.

That would require extra coding and actually cost money....or more interns

Good luck with that...
hearthstone dust and gold quest sending diablo 3 or hearthstone the answer how gold and dust
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players
This right here, you see nothing wrong with this?
(New player buys the game in 2019)
"This is great, I love loot hunting games! Ooh! Shiny ancient sword, I'll save it to test it with the other set! Wow and those Bracers buff the same skill as that weapon! This is so exciting"
* several days later *
"Hmm running out of space, how can I get all the space that my clan mates have? What? I'll get it gradually over the next 3 years? But I am playing the game now and it's now that I need the space!"

Great decision, Blizzard; it's not easy for an experienced company to shoot themselves on the foot, but you have once again proven to us that it's not impossible either.
Good job.
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Ok. But the point still stands. Don't put a time wall on the stash tabs. This has been an issue from the start and has hardly gotten any attention. The stash space in this game is terribly small. 5 is honestly not enough. If we want to play around or test new builds in the future we will need a much larger stash.
There's a reason the name is "Blizzard". They're cold as ice.
(Even when the forges are red hot).
04/15/2019 03:37 AMPosted by Refl3x
Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players
This right here, you see nothing wrong with this?

Yeah but console players need it for their duped items lol.
04/13/2019 01:07 PMPosted by Cobaltus
04/13/2019 11:48 AMPosted by Brogoth
I really don't know why I bother posting here anymore, I really don't. It seems like every time there's a sliver of hope you manage to crush it immediately.

I still post here so that Blizzard can't claim, "But all the feedback we received about <insert-awful-decision> was positive!" And there are so many times when these awful decisions are merely babysteps to even worse decisions later on, so you have to oppose them loudly from the very first one.

Only reason I stick around.
04/14/2019 04:19 PMPosted by Alexismad
If you are truly listening to us, why does gating stash tabs behind season journey seem like a great idea, especially after you say that ALL players will be getting 5 new tabs starting in S17.
Point of "clarification". In the initial patch 2.6.5 notes, they did not state that the 5 stash tabs would be starting in S17. They said that we would get all 5 stash tabs in Patch 2.6.5. The patch is for all players and will be for non-seasons first (as the Patch is introduced in the gap between seasons).

See:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771287034?page=1

Or

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/42710-patch-265-patch-notes-season-17-preview/
"We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline..."

Somebody call the X-Men, the Unstoppable Jargonaut has broken loose!

(Also, no, the key point is actually that PC players are AGAIN getting hosed - not that you didn't tell them they were getting hosed quickly and clearly enough.)
Highlighted for visibility. When the last of the D3 MVPs is critical of Blizzard and using terms like “outright lied to”, I think that it reflects a problem:
See: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771407014?page=22

04/14/2019 02:09 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Of course. I think any sane person feels that way. Nobody likes to feel lied to. This situation certainly feels like we were not just misled, but outright lied to

See: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771407014?page=21
04/14/2019 09:37 AMPosted by MissCheetah
04/14/2019 09:23 AMPosted by JoeUtopia
The fact that you “expect” them to lie, change their minds, etc.

Eeeeh....it is not unreasonable to question the initial patch notes.

Blizzard: Everyone on PC gets 5 stash tabs!
Players: *look suspiciously at Blizzard* Really, what is the catch? Must check out the PTR and see how they rolled this out.
PTR: *grants 5 stash tabs for gold*
Players: Holy cow Blizzard LISTENED!!!!
Blizzard: *changes the Patch notes to reflect Season gating but does not announce that they were updated*
Me: Hey everyone you really need to know about the Stash change now, not when it goes Live and you get surprised. Also, Blizz please don't do this.
Players: WTF Blizz?! Don't do this, or at least compromise.
PTR: Report stash issues here! *nobody reports any stash issues on PC despite intentionally testing maxed out stash*
Blizzard: No, really, we meant to do this all along...also our testing revealed server issues on PC with increased stash for everyone.
Players: So you meant to do it all along, but ALSO did it because of issues that nobody reported? Blizz, we don't believe you.
Everyone: See Blizz, this is why people don't trust you to do what is in the best interest of the players (and therefore yourselves).
I stopped playing thing game few times during these last years, due to small stash space that didn't allowed me to mount few sets by class, and i earn every stash tabs available in the game (seasons tabs, additionnal tabs with Necromancer DLC).
I won't wait 5 seasons of 4 month, to be available to play the game with confort, no way.
Please fix this Blizzard and make this happen as intended :

Quality of Life

Additional stash space has been added for all players
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available
Extra 5 Free Stash Tab Will Increase Loading Time? Hahahaha, Very Funny KinderGarden Joke. Didn't You Guys Hire Your Technical Team From Accountant?
Of all the games I have ever played since player storage became a thing. Blizzard has the worst track record for handling it. And I mean seriously, THE worst.

Add to that, #BlizzardHasCranialRectalInversion

And as long as they have said inversion issue, these things will continue to be an issue, along with others still never addressed.
Yay stash tabs?
04/15/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Exile
Yay stash tabs?

No, no stash tabs for you unless you play their way... whether you like it or not.
I'm very disappointed Blizzard. We should get more stash tabs without you gating them behind seasonal.

I was so happy we could finally get the rest of the stash tabs when the patch came. Now it's gated so we have to wait over a year to get them all. Please change this back to the original "5 stash tabs when the patch hits".