PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 65 Next
04/15/2019 03:42 AMPosted by Chosen
(New player buys the game in 2019)
"This is great, I love loot hunting games! Ooh! Shiny ancient sword, I'll save it to test it with the other set! Wow and those Bracers buff the same skill as that weapon! This is so exciting"
* several days later *
"Hmm running out of space, how can I get all the space that my clan mates have? What? I'll get it gradually over the next 3 years? But I am playing the game now and it's now that I need the space!"

Great decision, Blizzard; it's not easy for an experienced company to shoot themselves on the foot, but you have once again proven to us that it's not impossible either.
Good job.

Its so archaic when you lay it out like that. Not only are stash tabs gated behind seasons, they're time-gated too.

This is a level of bull!@#$ thats usually reserved for free-to-play mobile games.

Blizzard, you promised you were listening and eager to engage with us. So, what is your response to the community?
04/15/2019 09:56 AMPosted by spirited
Its so archaic when you lay it out like that. Not only are stash tabs gated behind seasons, they're time-gated too.This is a level of bull!@#$ thats usually reserved for free-to-play mobile games.
Blizzard is trying to develop mobile games for much of their IP. Maybe they got some insights from NetEase and are trying to figure how to make it fit in an old PC game.

Their response to the community is that what they wrote in the initial Patch 2.6.5 was never what they intended even though their original statement was black and white.
Necromancer - Skeletan Mage: last 30 seconds please
One thing that irritates the hell out of me is when a dev comes in and mentions "clarification" and finishes their post, they never return whatsoever. Like, cool thanks for the "clarification" but why not take the negative feedback from your community and revert or change whatever the hell it is to bring SOME sort of positivity back?

"Communication, Communication, Communication"

Don't tell us something and then fade to black after negativity. I'm sorry, but it's quite frustrating watching the forums anymore with Diablo 3. Literally one of my all time favorite games, but the way the game is handled is absolutely ridiculous.

Someone earlier in the thread said it best:

"Dangle a carrot in front of us, then give it to someone else."
04/15/2019 11:51 AMPosted by FusionX22
One thing that irritates the hell out of me is when a dev comes in and mentions "clarification" and finishes their post, they never return whatsoever. Like, cool thanks for the "clarification" but why not take the negative feedback from your community and revert or change whatever the hell it is to bring SOME sort of positivity back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBx7Jg4m-o
BRACE YOURSELVES A !@#$ STORM IS COMING BLIZZARD !!!
It would take one guy with a spine at Blizzard to make a stand up decision and turn this all around.

Instead, this.

But I'm okay with it, because for a brief few days I thought I'd be back playing Diablo. Instead it will be trying out Inquisitor Martyr's new combat, dipping into The Last Epoch's beta, Wolcen's first act release and continuing with Grim Dawn's Oathkeeper. Enjoying LOTRO's 12 year anniversary, awaiting SWTOR's new expansion and giving PoE's Synthesis league one more try.

TL;DR: There's a world of gaming out there.
Coming Soon...

Diablo 3: Unleashing the Expanded Stash

$9.99 USD

Join the Nephalem hoard(ers) with 5 new Stash Tabs to save all those useless Primals you'll get during S17 Season of Nightmares.

Includes all new Stash Tab icons.
New Stash Search Feature

I'd buy.

Need about 1/2 the current playerbase to buy in and they can get a whole lot of new servers.
04/15/2019 01:23 PMPosted by PMG
Coming Soon...

Diablo 3: Unleashing the Expanded Stash

$9.99 USD

Join the Nephalem hoard(ers) with 5 new Stash Tabs to save all those useless Primals you'll get during S17 Season of Nightmares.

Includes all new Stash Tab icons.
New Stash Search Feature

I'd buy.

Need about 1/2 the current playerbase to buy in and they can get a whole lot of new servers.

If I ever saw this, I would I would uninstall all Blizzard games I currently have. Period. I, for one, am getting extremely ticked with the "all about money" bs. Like, !@#$ the playerbase, we need that green.
04/15/2019 01:26 PMPosted by FusionX22
If I ever saw this, I would I would uninstall all Blizzard games I currently have. Period. I, for one, am getting extremely ticked with the "all about money" bs. Like, !@#$ the playerbase, we need that green.

^ newer player logic.
As a long time player, I'd happily throw money for more stash space and character slots.
I'd rather spend 3-4 hours of minimal wage work doing cold calls @ 7 dollars an hour to get 5 stash pages @ 5 dollars each = 25 dollars.

Then spend 100+ hours in seasons, a mode I just I don't play or enjoy.

There should be multiple ways on getting the stash tabs.

One through game through seasons.
One through game through non-seasons.
One purchased.

Etc.
What is bigger in D3:

A) the amount of space available in 12 stash tabs

OR

B) the amount of space required to store a single example of each set item and orange-affix legendary
(If you said B, you are right)
Almost quitting time at the ‘ol burning furnaces there in California..... what are the odds we get a blue post today?
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver
man i have t save this quote. blizzard has been like these since blizzard was create
... Instead it will be trying out Inquisitor Martyr's new combat, dipping into The Last Epoch's beta, Wolcen's first act release and continuing with Grim Dawn's Oathkeeper. Enjoying LOTRO's 12 year anniversary, awaiting SWTOR's new expansion and giving PoE's Synthesis league one more try.

TL;DR: There's a world of gaming out there.

I'm eyeballing Transistor myself. Sci Fi ARPG could be interesting. Look very interesting indeed after watching a few videos on Steam and youtube.

Always have my Titan Quest and Grim Dawn to fall back on for solid ARPG that have a lot of build diversity and interesting gear.

I will probably still work on my Wizard LoN lightning channel build, I want to see how well it'll do in T14-T16. That's about the only character I've been playing lately on D3 as it's my own build without internet guides. That and a Shotgun Phalanx build on a Crusader are probably my two favourite builds right now. Not super high GR viable, but I'm fine with that.
Bait and switch much? The level of incompetence and lack of care is staggering.

I've supported Blizzard games since Warcraft 1 and Diablo 1, and I'm continually amazed at how little effs you appear to give about your community these last few years.

Uninstalling D3 & D3 PTR. I was excited about the new season and LoN, but Blizzard's continual middle finger to us is unacceptable. Apparently you learned nothing from Blizzcon, surprising absolutely no one.
I get a feeling there a bunch of people at Blizz who can't wait until this thread hits the cap. LOL!
04/15/2019 04:50 PMPosted by SimpleDave
I get a feeling there a bunch of people at Blizz who can't wait until this thread hits the cap. LOL!

I can ask for that to be fixed to be honest. As in, I can get the cap removed or increased if I ask nicely. It prevents spam and consolidates feedback so that is in their best interest.