PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 65 Next
11/06/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Don't post misleading titles/threads.

11/04/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Nevalistis
[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407"]Rekt[/url].
04/16/2019 05:16 AMPosted by DTMAce
We should name it StashGate

Technically it's Stashgate 2.0... we already went through the original Stashgate back in Blizzcon 2015.

That was ridiculous enough as it was... so many of us gave up playing NS just to get those stash tabs for all of 2016. I know some players who cried with joy when their last tab was unlocked and they could go back to NS. And now we're being made to do it again?

I honestly feel like Blizzard is treating us like toddlers: "You won't get your stash tab until you eat your vegetables!"... "now do it 4 more times... yes you can! yes you can!".

Disclaimer: replace 'eat your vegetables' with with 'finish your season journey'.
04/16/2019 02:23 AMPosted by Danutz23
I only play monk and DH because of lack of storage space.

I basically the same way I only play 2 characters too. DH & Barb and I do have 3 others characters. But on those I keep their extra stuff on them.

A game with 7 classes x 4 sets for each ++ other items - need space to store those items! repeat,

But see there is the "Problem" here. We do have 7 characters you can play. The season people play every one of them every season too. Why I don't know because the seasons have been the same for most part.

The thing is some people don't want to waste their time. Starting over and jumping through hoops just to get a Stash Space. I have learn to live without them.
It would be nice if you can store items in the armory actually. When I first heard about armory feature I was imagining that's the case but it was only for pre-loading the set ups.
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

No...no we don't...I've spelt out why in various posts in the past.
04/15/2019 07:21 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
04/15/2019 03:37 AMPosted by Refl3x
... This right here, you see nothing wrong with this?

Actually this is incorrect, Nevalistis has no idea (as usual) what she is talking about.
PC has max 12 stash tabs - armor take 2 slots, so 35*12 = 420 items. If you store some rings and amulets - even more.
Consoles have exactly 350 item slots in stash - both armor and rings/amulets take exactly 1 stash slot.

The math behind console stash has been laid out on here and Reddit in the past and it is clear consoles have less stash...yet Blizzard seem to think they have more.

Mind you, I've been asking the "math" behind the stupid Nephalem Glory mechanic on console that seriously affects high end solo pushing...and they say it is fine.
Posted by Danutz23
I only play monk and DH because of lack of storage space.

I basically the same way I only play 2 characters too. DH & Barb and I do have 3 others characters. But on those I keep their extra stuff on them.

A game with 7 classes x 4 sets for each ++ other items - need space to store those items! repeat,

all my 14 characters in normal carry a second set in their inventory, or all weapons of the class or all off-hands,etc.
-also i salvaged many sets and ended up with a 95% full chest.
04/16/2019 10:21 AMPosted by homerjnick
Mind you, I've been asking the "math" behind the stupid Nephalem Glory mechanic on console that seriously affects high end solo pushing...and they say it is fine.

Yeah, the monsters having 2x HP (prior to T1 at least according to Nevalistis way back when) coupled with the Nephalem Glory mechanic (2x damage multiplier, which is not how it works on the PC version) makes both leveling and pushing suck on console. So much so that even I would consider hacking my gear just to offset the differences between console and PC.
04/16/2019 07:54 AMPosted by naksiloth
It would be nice if you can store items in the armory actually. When I first heard about armory feature I was imagining that's the case but it was only for pre-loading the set ups.

That was my first preference back in the day as well but upon thinking it through, storing items in the armoury isn't very good for HC players. If the armoury is character specific, you lose everything in it when you die.

What they've implemented is fine (apart from not remembering paragons or always going for the highest gem when resocketing). What they need to give us is enough stash space.

As others have said, there are 7 classes and 4 class specific sets per class plus LON. They really should have one stash page per class... that means 5 tabs per page which enough for one page per set with support legs (plus a back up set for HC players), and an extra page for LON builds. Then add on another stash page for stuff like gems, potions, etc. Or as a general dumping ground if you're speed rifting and don't want to waste time IDing after each GR.
Obviously, breaking the game seems not to be the issue here. Otherwise you wouldn't make the stash available at all...

When previously adding the second and third "chest" in the shared stash, we were kind of informed the performance issue had been tackled.

But okay. Guess there is still a performance issue, unfortunately.

If "over time" is the real thing you are persuing, you could allow us to buy one or two tabs per season. Regardless whether we play season.

This would allow us to buy stashtab(s) and fullfill your "over time" requirement. Making everyone happy.

No reason to gate it behind season journey. It feels like an artificial incentive to have us play season.
Regardless whether we enjoy it.

Even so, you could award us the stashtab after completing chapter 4 or something...

Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with more stash tabs. I just wish they are easier to obtain.
(The current 4 tabs from season I have unlocked quite a while back).

I'd like to add that I very much like the other (QoL) changes too.

I hope my comment will reach those who make these decisions, so I am really hoping this is passed on to them.

Thank you in advance for the nice new patch :)
04/15/2019 01:26 PMPosted by FusionX22
04/15/2019 01:23 PMPosted by PMG
Coming Soon...

Diablo 3: Unleashing the Expanded Stash

$9.99 USD

Join the Nephalem hoard(ers) with 5 new Stash Tabs to save all those useless Primals you'll get during S17 Season of Nightmares.

Includes all new Stash Tab icons.
New Stash Search Feature

I'd buy.

Need about 1/2 the current playerbase to buy in and they can get a whole lot of new servers.

If I ever saw this, I would I would uninstall all Blizzard games I currently have. Period. I, for one, am getting extremely ticked with the "all about money" bs. Like, !@#$ the playerbase, we need that green.

As someone who's been playing D3 since release, I wouldn't consider this an "all about the money" situation at all. I'm happy that a game that I purchased back in 2012 is still playable and the small amounts of extra $ I've spent (RoS/Necro) in the nearly 7 years since is nothing to be concerned about. I don't expect continuous "free" content to be added, just glad it's there at all. So if they said you can buy 5 stash tabs for $10 I'm in and hope they use the money to develop new content. Even if not, it's a minimal amount to get what I want.

If D3 were truly a cash grab "all about the money" then we'd have MTX already in the US and be able to buy tabs, transmogs, wings, pets and anything else (did someone say XP boosters?)...and many would gladly participate.

If I could get the Cosmic Wings for a few bucks and save me from another 1000+ hours of fruitless farming - sign me up.
They should make it retroactive for all the previous completed sessions
2) Do the right thing. Do not make players wait more than a year to get their 17th stash tab.

i haven't played in over a year. if they are doing this as one tab per season (like before, WTF) i will NOT be returning, and i'm still on the fence about returning if because of it being in the season journey. i played through 10 entire season journeys already. I GOT THE SINGLE TABS PER SEASON ALREADY. that's 2.5 YEARS that we didn't get this much needed QoL change, and HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT NEEDING IT THE ENTIRE TIME. OVER 2.5 YEARS YOU COULD HAVE WORKED OUT THE KINKS BUT NO, WE DO IT ONLY NOW AFTER 4 YEARS.

for perspective: diablofans site has been archived. it is no longer in operation. if we can't simply have this much needed feature, just so blizzard can keep being stingy with something that absolutely should not cause any problems whatsoever (that much is clear after 4 years), there is no reason for me to return.

04/16/2019 05:23 PMPosted by Armisal
They should make it retroactive for all the previous completed sessions
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/stash-tabs

click the buy button for a video on what each tab does. look at the unique tab and QUAD.
My tin foil hat starting vibrating. And then the flash came. And the answer is so obvious I did a facepalm for not realizing it earlier. They WANT to drive PC players away from the game. Then they can claim low player population as the reason they are shutting it down. Because when you remove the improbable, you're left with the obvious.

Brilliant Blizzard.
Coming Soon...

Diablo 3: Unleashing the Expanded Stash

$9.99 USD

I'd buy.

[/quote]

me too, I must admit I will buy it immediately.
Dear Nevalistis,
On behalf of the disgruntled and disillusioned Diablo playerbase I'd like to say a few words...
1. We know that your boss doesnt play Diablo, we know he doesnt even like video games. That must suck as the community manager for a video game franchise that we know you love.
2. We know that your boss makes you post replys to threads such as this one in which you look like the bad guy, the bearer of all bad news and an enemy of the playerbase. It must suck having a job where every word you post on these here forums needs to go through your boss first so that Activision Blizzard are absolved of any commercial responsibility.
3. We know it must suck so highly to be the public face of Blizzard right now considering how much you love the Diablo franchise, just like we do, and yet get royally roasted every single freakin time you open your mouth and tell us when you've been told to tell us, even when it goes against the very pillars that Blizzard (used to) stand for.
4. We applaud your tenacity and determination to support us, the Diablo playerbase, in the face of all the crap you must deal with on a daily basis. It must suck the most to support Diablo fans who are so vocally scathing and hurtful towards you with every syllable they type in these here forums in response to all the hard work you do every day.

Love,
The Diablo players
04/15/2019 09:11 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
04/15/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Exile
Yay stash tabs?

No, no stash tabs for you unless you play their way... whether you like it or not.

I just mean this is the big thing... stash tabs?
You can buy the special edition of d3 to get 3 more characters which essentially is more stash space.
04/17/2019 05:05 AMPosted by Armisal
You can buy the special edition of d3 to get 3 more characters which essentially is more stash space.

But its not.

Stash space would make the armory more useful, since we can't actually store ANYTHING there for example.

I barely use the armory in fact, aside from 1 or 2 characters using 1-3 tabs.... Mostly due to gear space required in the stash to store the builds.... Go figure.

Game on.