:P

You're doing it wrong. It's:

0xCD 0xCD 0xCD 0xCD 0CxD 0xCD 0xCD 0xCD

04/17/2019 03:58 PMPosted by lesotheron
You're doing it wrong. It's:

0xCD 0xCD 0xCD 0xCD 0CxD 0xCD 0xCD 0xCD

Mine's a simple system. One's parity, the other two are parody.

^_^
Still no acknowledgement that they have even heard the players. I truly believe Blizz would just like to shut the servers down.
04/17/2019 04:29 PMPosted by JoeUtopia
Still no acknowledgement that they have even heard the players. I truly believe Blizz would just like to shut the servers down.

I'll say one thing. At least when Blizzard does nothing, there is some value in that. There's honesty. I trust it.

Complete inaction has more value than when they talk. Just think about how crazy that is.
Getting 5 at one time would be ideal.

But if they really want to stagger them, an alternative would be giving one free stash tab to everyone with an option to get another one in Seasons for each of the next three Seasons. So a total of 6 stash tabs that can be achieved in under a year.
For some reason Blizzard as a whole has really taken a liking to time gating. How well has that actually worked out? WoW is probably at its lowest subscriber numbers ever, Diablo 3 ended up having to be put in basically maintenance mode and expansions scrapped. HotS suffered. Maybe, just maybe, they should listen to the fans once in a while instead of thinking they know everything and adding stuff people don't want, while ignoring other glaring problems.

Please rethink the time gating on stash tabs and give NS players a way to have them, or just keep them the way they are on the PTR, for ALL players.
If they offered new content and new, fresh seasonal challenges then they would have a leg to stand on.

But to gate a QoL feature behind the same old stale seasonal stuff that has been done to death is beyond pathetic.

Especially for a former AAA game developer.
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Nice troll, blizz. The original patch notes NEVER said anything about unlocking them. It was a very clear, straight up, QoL, all PC players would get 5 stash tabs. I remember it well because I read it half a dozen times just to make sure I was reading it right, because I couldn't believe it! And now, I understand.

You learned nothing from the blizzcon D:I fiasco. NOTHING! As a long time fan of blizz games, I've been hearing for well over a decade both here and in WoW how you were "improving" communication. To make the claim, right now, that you are "all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline" is just pathetic and sad, and pisses me off even more, to be quite frank. You just do the same things over and over again.

I used to buy pretty much anything that came out of your studio without question because blizz used to make such great iconic games. I won't do that anymore. You ruined WoW for me, and now it's like you can't wait to beat that achievement with Diablo!

You're really are doing a bang up job of driving you're most loyal and longest time fans away from your games.
Have more space represents saving time for all of us.

Gear that we normally would have destroyed can now be kept. That gear would not need to be found again, crafted, or rolled with mats.

Being able to find items easier / saves time. Being able to use the armory / saves time.

This is a time saving resource. Not having it means we would have to spend time doing all of the above to get/ find the gear again.

Ultimately, it seems good to limit stash space to force more game play. It seems good to limit stash in seasons to force people to play seasons.

But it causes a significant people to feel bad to destroy gg pieces of gear only to find themselves needing it 3 to 5 seasons later or having to play 100 hours of suboptimal play (starting from scratch in seasons) to try to get space for loot you find in optimal play (geared up nonseason).

I don't think there needs to be a compromise.

We should be able to unlock the stash in either mode. And ultimately be able to buy it.

Time is valuable. Don't make the players spend it on things that make them feel bad.

Stash Tetris is bad enough. Add seasons for the nonseason players is insult to injury.
Was thinking if we can get the 5 stash tabs up front, can we at least get another 3-4 character slots?
with the d3 team is 2 steps forward or half step forward and 100 backwards.. this is why people lost all the trust on several blizzard games.

you have to be very careful with the words you choose when writing patch notes, nobody should tell you this..
There are nine chapters in a season, there are now nine stash rewards...could they be planning on making it possible for each chapter to reward one?
(this would enable those who cannot get all the way through the season to do multiple seasons to allow for the maximum number of spaces)
04/17/2019 08:41 PMPosted by char
There are nine chapters in a season, there are now nine stash rewards...could they be planning on making it possible for each chapter to reward one?
(this would enable those who cannot get all the way through the season to do multiple seasons to allow for the maximum number of spaces)

That thinking is way too optimistic.
04/17/2019 04:29 PMPosted by JoeUtopia

oh nono, like any AAA company they are hearing our concerns, they don't care and won't do anything about our concerns, but don't worry, they are hearing our concerns!
Alot of talk about tab space. Blizz could easily fix this by changing the 2 blocks per large item to single blocks like gems, rings amulets etc etc.
then all this talk about having to earn something extra would not bite so many peeps arses
04/17/2019 07:08 PMPosted by Phatty

Ultimately, it seems good to limit stash space to force more game play. It seems good to limit stash in seasons to force people to play seasons.

No it doesn't.

Forcing people to play a game mode with the offer of a quality of life feature is weak design. It exposes the fact that for many people, that game mode isn't attractive and needs to be propped up with a bribe.

Just because Blizzard isn't willing to make seasons attractive enough that they can stand on their own isn't the players fault. Yet the players are being penalized.

Everything about this is situation is !@#$. Everything.
The limited stash space is one of the biggest headaches of this game.

Sure we could all better manage our stashes, but we would save so much more time and frustration if there was more space. The real problem has to do with the way we organize and utilize the stash space.

Let me explain a bit that I have a very large book collection (10,000+).

When I had extra shelf space, my book collection stayed well organized, because I could dump unorganized books into a shorting shelf, which allowed me to take my time to organize them and keep the shelf space empty from where I took the book out until I could put the book back to its original location.

But eventually, I filled up my book shelves to the max. That's when it became a nightmare to keep my books organized. Every time I took a book out of my shelf, I could not keep the space empty, and therefore, I could not remind myself where the book came from. Instead, I would throw in a book from my unsorted shelf cause I had no room. From that point on, I had to keep moving books around and play book tetris because had no dynamic free space to help out with my organization.

Sound familiar? This is what happens with D3 items once you run out of stash space. You keep filling the empty spaces with your overflow items and you don't have the ability to dynamically rearrange your items to keep them organized. From this point on, stash management becomes an incredible pain.

I think a lot of you who play seasons understand what I am talking about that it's so much easier to manage the stash space when you only play 2-3 characters and you have a lot of free space to move things around and organize them by sets or armor pieces, etc. Due to the high number of items this game encourages you too keep (It is an item hunt game!) eventually we all enter stash hell.

Blizzard really needs to understand better player behavior and why so many people are upset with Stashgate. Give us some more space NOW, cause so many people are tired of wasting their time with stash management. The free space really will make it much easier to manage the stash and it should not be held back by some scheme to raise the MAU.
04/17/2019 03:43 PMPosted by Bastich
I'm picking up what ya putting down MB. It's nothing to do with the PTR still going past it's due date. It's to do with a few days ago Nev comes in with the ole "yeah we need to do better comms like yeah, you know... yeah" and then when something like the PTR is still going (for what ever reason) Blizz fail to communicate - again.

Indeed.

I'm not outraged that the PTR's still up. I'm annoyed that merely hours after Nev - once again - promised us all that Blizzard wanted to do better at being prompt with communications there's been radio silence for days about why the PTR has now been running almost twice as long as they said it would.
04/17/2019 07:08 PMPosted by Phatty

For the love of all that is fun, no. Never, ever was gating stash tabs in Seasons a good or reasonable thing. IT WAS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA.

Forcing people to play seasons? Are you listening to yourself as you write that?

Now that the game is moribund; now that millions of players have moved on, gating QoL is simply absurd. In other words, topping the already stupendously bad idea of gating by not recognizing how stupendously bad it was to begin with and ending the practice.
04/17/2019 11:19 PMPosted by SimpleDave
Blizzard really needs to understand better player behavior and why so many people are upset with Stashgate. Give us some more space NOW, cause so many people are tired of wasting their time with stash management. The free space really will make it much easier to manage the stash and it should not be held back by some scheme to raise the MAU.

It's self-defeating at this point. I stopped playing because of lack of stash space. I'm just not going to play a game that treats my time as a thing to be wasted.