PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 31 32 33 65 Next
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Quite frankly at this point...go F yourselves....you guys just can't get it right can you? I played 16 seasons 5 of which i earned stash and so i played 11 seasons for nothing and have to do this for another 3 years??? ARE YOU FKIN SERIOUS???
Just go bankrupt that's what you deserve...
At this point in time, they should just come out and say that we hear you...

a. but we are keeping it gated
or
b. and we will change it as such...

But to claim they are listening and still not respond to obvious significant customer dissatisfaction over their actions and horrendous communication perpetuates and exemplifies the unhappiness. At least if we knew there was no hope of a change, we could MAYBE accept and move on. Now we grasp on to a ridiculous glimmer of hope that they may actually consider out comments. A complete fiasco of a situation. Volumes of books can be written about how NOT to treat your customers based on their actions.
04/20/2019 01:23 PMPosted by Dante00
At least if we knew there was no hope of a change

Come on, we all know there's no hope of a change if a 500+ post thread asking for this decision to be reversed doesn't matter. Heck, at this point I suspect people would even be satisfied with a compromise position of retro-actively granting the tabs to people that have already accomplished sufficient Conqueror ranks in previous seasons.
Here's another video that's depressed me. LoN Thorns Summoner Necro. I've probably dropped enough of the items required in this build in ancient and with viable stats because it's a thorns build but have salvaged them all due to lack of space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLqkKLybd2A

The sad thing is that none of the Necro sets do it for me as they fail to capture the feeling of a proper summoner build. This looks to do it.

Yeah, I know that he's showing an S17 only build but I could always drop CoE and SOJ.
04/20/2019 12:28 PMPosted by RuneThor
Quite frankly at this point...go F yourselves....you guys just can't get it right can you? I played 16 seasons 5 of which i earned stash and so i played 11 seasons for nothing and have to do this for another 3 years??? ARE YOU FKIN SERIOUS???
Just go bankrupt that's what you deserve...

Whilst I'm going to watch my language a bit more than this, I do agree with the frustration.

Gating 50% or more of a QoL feature behind what will be a 2yr+ endeavour (one that forces players to gear up from nothing 9 times! something that they may not want as part of their gaming experience) is:

a) poor game design
b) a lack of understanding of your player base (even if most of us do conqueror each season, that's not the point... )
c) a bad representation of what we can expect from Blizzard games going forward

Please take on board player feedback. I've provided my suggestion for no more than 25% of the max available stash tabs to be gated behind seasons which I feel is the minimum acceptable amount if the stash had 20 tabs... if 15 were obtainable via gold or real money purchase (i.e. Necro pack), 5 via seasons would not seem out of place. Players want to play the game not feel like they're working for a necessity which is what gating Stash tabs feels like.
At least with overwatch decisions, there's a dev rationale behind it.

Here we don't have any rationale for something that looks like an extremely poor decision.

The communication we need is a reasonable explanation for how it is gated now.
The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Right now you can say all of the PR things that your bosses want, but it won't convince us of anything. Posting once in a blue moon isn't gonna cut it with us. You will have to post more. Actually talk with us about the things that you can talk about will be a good start. If you are afraid of getting your posts torn to shreds by trolls then have the mod team pay close attention to the replies to your posts. Any replies that are destructive criticism. Ones that are only there to tear you down and drag the conversation into the mud. Then the mod team can delete them and if needed take action against the poster in the form of temp suspension or perma bans if needed.

I know that if you talk with us here on the official forms much more than you currently do then that will go a long way to healing the breach between us and you. We can handle being civil and have shown it in that thread you started concerning a short word from Blizz about the Diablo Immortal fiasco. But still only two posts in that thread.

Action is the only thing that will speak more than loud enough to prove sincerity. Until that action is taken we will not be buying the PR spin.
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

You mean you couldn't find time between work and your stream to make a post?
Forges are burning hot

We have multiple Diablo projects in the works

We hear you...fully committed to listening and engaging

Multiple projects, again

Stash tabs were intended to be unlocked over time, could have made that clearer

Working hard improving communications, again. We mean it this time. For real, promise.

Cannot help but think that this reads like whoever is in charge of the PR department at Blizzard either lied on their CV to get the job or is clearly incompetent.

All the resources and expertise at your disposal yet it seems no one in the company is able to read the room.

How exactly are you going to improve this when you are laying off employees?

Is this some sort of out of season April Fool's Joke?
Amateur Hour continues.

Hey Blizz how about some interns for the PR Department.

They will certainly do a better job than the existing staff.
What is the reasoning behind putting the tabs behind seasons journey?
04/21/2019 03:51 AMPosted by char

"To keep people playing seasons". All the game is about is the leaderboard, paragon & stash spaces in seasons. We can post 10,000 post and they will still not listen. They don't care about non-season people.

Plus you are seeing more and more people not playing seasons. People are learning their lesson on playing it. That it really a waste of time even for the stash spaces.

Plus for some reason Blizzard thinks season Journey and the Stash Space is the END GAME!!!!!!
04/21/2019 05:47 AMPosted by Davey
Plus for some reason Blizzard thinks season Journey and the Stash Space is the END GAME!!!!!!

They're going to run Diablo's reputation into the ground if they go through with this enforcing this mentality. Diablo Immortal wasn't what we wanted but it did make D3 look a lot better. Don't ruin D3 guys buy gating over 50% of a core QoL feature behind 2yrs+ of gameplay.

They really should be looking at unlocking build making potential by:

- opening up stash space sooner than later for for all game modes
- making the LON and RORG buffs unlockable in NS by completing GR80 and GR90 solo respectively
- balancing legendary item buffs so that all skills are end game viable

For seasonal players, adding in a cosmetic for completing Guardian is enough already. I've already decided on doing next season for those wings alone. I had planned to wipe my WD named 'MuleXYZ', so I could rename it and also set up a Jade Doc so it makes sense for me to do this via a season and get those wings at the same time.

But I don't want to be running two accounts in every season going forward after S17 and using this account in NS more. Why must I spend my 40-50hrs playing this account in another season jumping through hoops just to get more stash space? It's disappointing.
04/21/2019 03:51 AMPosted by char

"To keep people playing seasons". All the game is about is the leaderboard, paragon & stash spaces in seasons. We can post 10,000 post and they will still not listen. They don't care about non-season people.

Plus you are seeing more and more people not playing seasons. People are learning their lesson on playing it. That it really a waste of time even for the stash spaces.

Well if this is to keep people playing seasons they have failed miserably. All it has done for me personally is to drive me farther away from Blizzard games. They don't have a clue anymore.
"we heard the players' feedback, that's why we're tripling the % damage increase on all items."

"we heard the players' feedback, that's why we're keeping the same armor transmog in seasons that we've had for 4 years."

"we heard the players' feedback, that's why we're adding 5 more stash tabs to the 5 you already have to earn over 10 seasons if you didn't earn them in the last 10 seasons. please continue starting new characters for the next 3 years."
04/21/2019 06:04 AMPosted by Mugsy

They're going to run Diablo's reputation into the ground if they go through with this enforcing this mentality. Diablo Immortal wasn't what we wanted but it did make D3 look a lot better. Don't ruin D3 guys buy gating over 50% of a core QoL feature behind 2yrs+ of gameplay.

They really should be looking at unlocking build making potential by:

- opening up stash space sooner than later for for all game modes
- making the LON and RORG buffs unlockable in NS by completing GR80 and GR90 solo respectively
- balancing legendary item buffs so that all skills are end game viable

For seasonal players, adding in a cosmetic for completing Guardian is enough already. I've already decided on doing next season for those wings alone. I had planned to wipe my WD named 'MuleXYZ', so I could rename it and also set up a Jade Doc so it makes sense for me to do this via a season and get those wings at the same time.

But I don't want to be running two accounts in every season going forward after S17 and using this account in NS more. Why must I spend my 40-50hrs playing this account in another season jumping through hoops just to get more stash space? It's disappointing.

Exactly. If they weren't gating QoL features behind seasons, I would be doing them just for the cosmetics, especially the wings in S17. It feels punitive when they know we need the stash space yesteryear. Not having enough space actually dissaudes people from playing, the opposite of their assumed goal, who would like to play and experiment with all builds.
It's arguably insulting. Like we're pets on a leash who need to be led on how to play the game. "Do this season, Barky, then you can have your dinner and water," ad infinitum.
As gold has been devalued, why not:
Buy Stash tabs 5k Reusable parts + 5k Arcane Dust + 5k Veiled crystals each
And/or
Do the seasonal journey?