PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 32 33 34 65 Next
04/21/2019 02:42 PMPosted by char
As gold has been devalued, why not:
Buy Stash tabs 5k Reusable parts + 5k Arcane Dust + 5k Veiled crystals each
And/or
Do the seasonal journey?
Alternatively, we could just buy it for gold as it is a simple quality of life improvement.

The current stash of 12 tabs is not big enough to keep a single example of each legendary with an orange affix and set item.
04/21/2019 02:53 PMPosted by MicroRNA
And/or
Do the seasonal journey?
Alternatively, we could just buy it for gold as it is a simple quality of life improvement.

The current stash of 12 tabs is not big enough to keep a single example of each legendary with an orange affix and set item.

This. This so much.

Literally, 2 ****ing years ago, I decided I wanted to collect one of every set. Then I found out there isn’t enough room in the stash to do so. So I’ve been FORCED to play seasons ever since which are not fun for me.

To collect one item of everything in the game shouldn’t be a literal YEARS long project FFS
'the need for more stash space'
if there comes a move for this concrete problem,like;

-selling tabs for real money
-duo-selling with a new class

-sell them for in-game gold and/or mats

-maybe just give enough tabs, best solution...
-gated behind challenges and forced gameplay

it will be interesting to see what will be chosen to solve this problem.
04/21/2019 02:53 PMPosted by MicroRNA
And/or
Do the seasonal journey?

Managing inventory and gear has always been a part of role playing gameplay. You are not supposed to carry everything. Role playing games are designed to force you to make decisions.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Alternatively, we could just buy it for gold as it is a simple quality of life improvement.

Managing inventory and gear has always been a part of role playing gameplay. You are not supposed to carry everything. Role playing games are designed to force you to make decisions.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but they are already giving us the 5 tabs so your point is pretty much moot in this case.

The issue is how it's gated and why.

Stop making red herring arguments that have literally no bearing on things right now.

In a game where loot find is part of the core gameplay and devs promote diversity and theory crafting (play your way - remember? - highlighting unique builds etc). You can't do this without holding on to gear to actually theory craft.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=play+your+way+diablo

And lastly, what's the point of the armory if you can't use it?

To limit people beyond reasonable stash space would be cognitive dissonance. Keep in mind we all have different ideas of what reasonable is. I would argue that at this point it would be enough stash to have a functional armory.

Thanks
Managing inventory and gear has always been a part of role playing gameplay. You are not supposed to carry everything.
===
I've seen so many posts from you. None of them makes any sense, or serves to the community. You don't add to the discussion, and your posts are obviously biased. You seem to be a troll hired by blizz, so just shut up and let us discuss the issue.
P.S. If you respond to this post of mine, you confirm that you're a troll.
I seldom post to the forums, yet it's the time I do so. The whole idea of Diablo is to get items, and more items, and play with them. For this game to gate the storage space it's as stupid as it can be. I would understand if a game gates a super weapon, or similarly super gear, but to gate stash space? If I were the Diablo manager, I would immediately fire the !@#$%^- who promotes this decision. If you wanna make money off of a game, give the players as much stash space as they want. If there are people who wanna play your game, and want to collect more loot, just give space to store it! Otherwise, I'm sorry, your profits are doomed.
So the next 5 seasons themes will be season of stash I, season of stash II, season of stash III, season of stash IV, season of stash V?
04/21/2019 04:42 PMPosted by Rumata
Managing inventory and gear has always been a part of role playing gameplay. You are not supposed to carry everything.
===
I've seen so many posts from you. None of them makes any sense, or serves to the community. You don't add to the discussion, and your posts are obviously biased. You seem to be a troll hired by blizz, so just shut up and let us discuss the issue.

Hired by blizz? Hmm, that’s an idea, next month I’m going to ask for a paycheck!
How do you know if my posts make any sense? I’m openly defending my personal point of view even if it goes against 90% of the general public opinion. You think I’m a troll? In my Diablo 3 career I’ve contributed to high level D3 gaming community more than you ever dreamed of. Not bragging here, just a fact.
04/21/2019 04:32 PMPosted by Phatty

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but they are already giving us the 5 tabs so your point is pretty much moot in this case.

The issue is how it's gated and why.

Stop making red herring arguments that have literally no bearing on things right now.

In a game where loot find is part of the core gameplay and devs promote diversity and theory crafting (play your way - remember? - highlighting unique builds etc). You can't do this without holding on to gear to actually theory craft.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=play+your+way+diablo

And lastly, what's the point of the armory if you can't use it?

To limit people beyond reasonable stash space would be cognitive dissonance. Keep in mind we all have different ideas of what reasonable is. I would argue that at this point it would be enough stash to have a functional armory.

Thanks

I see your point. And it could be true - but for a different game where theorycrafting actually exists. Because D3 build crafting is all about stacking multipliers for a single dps skill, throwing in some defensives and mobility skills and there you go you have a LoN build. Nobody needs every single item because 50% of them are useless and gear rains from the sky anyway, just craft whatever you need. When somebody is saying they Absolutely Need to stash every item in the game, my answer is No, you really don’t.
04/21/2019 04:55 PMPosted by Rumata
I seldom post to the forums, yet it's the time I do so. The whole idea of Diablo is to get items, and more items, and play with them. For this game to gate the storage space it's as stupid as it can be. I would understand if a game gates a super weapon, or similarly super gear, but to gate stash space? If I were the Diablo manager, I would immediately fire the !@#$%^- who promotes this decision. If you wanna make money off of a game, give the players as much stash space as they want. If there are people who wanna play your game, and want to collect more loot, just give space to store it! Otherwise, I'm sorry, your profits are doomed.

How does Diablo make profits off existing players?
New stash is going to be gated.... Well color me not surprised. I have come to terms with the name Blizzard meaning = hope for the best, but expect the worst. To be honest I really expected them to say the additional tabs caused such a problem that they were being canceled altogether. I feel sorry for the console players as my expectations were half right and the non seasonal players as it was 100% right. Just so sad to watch them keep loading bricks on an already sinking ship with no lifeboats on board.
Jumping through hoops and calling it a QoL change is hilarious
04/21/2019 06:33 PMPosted by Evenstar
I see your point. And it could be true - but for a different game where theorycrafting actually exists. Because D3 build crafting is all about stacking multipliers for a single dps skill, throwing in some defensives and mobility skills and there you go you have a LoN build. Nobody needs every single item because 50% of them are useless and gear rains from the sky anyway, just craft whatever you need. When somebody is saying they Absolutely Need to stash every item in the game, my answer is No, you really don’t.

I understand what a lot of players are talking about as far as needing a lot of stash space. They are ones that don't just play only a few classes. Or only play one build per class. They would love to play a lot of builds per class. I am sure that there are others that can tell you of the different builds that they have in their armory that would need to have the space to hold all of that stuff.

Although I do believe that the problems of some could be lowered if they use only one character that you would use for farming. That one would farm for the keys, gem levels, paragon levels if needed, etc... Then the rest of the characters can be pure pushing builds. I am looking into trying it out myself with my DH that is in seasons right now.

If that would help I don't know how much of a help it would be.
I played Anarchy Online years ago and inventory was never a concern. You could buy like 20 or 30 bags with each bag equivalent to your stash. You could have a bag for each type of item. It was no big deal. I don't understand what is so hard for blizzard?
Can I just ask why everybody is still going on about this? They already made up their minds on the whole stash tab thing. Nothing anybody says or does is going to change that. Why not just accept it and move on? But over 600 post so far and everybody is saying the same thing is getting a bit ridiculous.
04/21/2019 08:32 PMPosted by GreatBalls
Can I just ask why everybody is still going on about this? They already made up their minds on the whole stash tab thing. Nothing anybody says or does is going to change that. Why not just accept it and move on? But over 600 post so far and everybody is saying the same thing is getting a bit ridiculous.

Yes, yes and yes to this post.
04/21/2019 08:32 PMPosted by GreatBalls

04/21/2019 08:54 PMPosted by Evenstar
Yes, yes and yes to this post.

Yet you, two, decidedly wrote something different.

Why is that?

Because both of you have already given up. And for intents and purposes, everyone here just about has given up. Yes, this is literally the salt mines.

But there is a slight glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, Blizzard might change their mind.

Everyone probably feels that it is unlikely and almost everyone _WILL_ move on, but there's no harm in trying.

Posts like yours and evenstar though tend to be quite defeatist and ultimately seem to be on blizzards side/favor - which makes very little sense - and creates more salt - understandably so.

Why not just say, "Hey I feel you, but blizzard won't do anything. I hope they do, but they wont - time to move on and lick your wounds."

It is literally time to decide to poo or get off the pot. Most will stay and poo. Others will quit. At the end, do you want more players to quit? I imagine you'd want the biggest player base as possible to make it worthwhile to keep updating.

Maybe you do want people to quit so that Blizzard starts working on the next IP - oh wait that would be Immortal, the NEXT PC IP Diablo franchise game rather.
I was so glad that I was able to finally get the final season locked stash two seasons ago.

Locking away again the additional tabs in seasons is straight ridiculous. I probably complain about that if not for the stupidity that is set dungeons in season journey.
04/21/2019 04:42 PMPosted by Rumata

This is so underhanded.
If he responds you'll say "See, he's a troll."
If he doesn't you'll say "See, what I said is right because he's not contesting it."
It's the equivalent of a journalist asking "Senator, have you stopped beating your wife?"