PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 33 34 35 65 Next
Hey neat!

A new PTR patch and another week of community frustration ignored!

At least you're consistent(ly disappointing), Activision Blizzard!
04/22/2019 02:38 PMPosted by Cronk
Hey neat!

A new PTR patch and another week of community frustration ignored!

At least they're "listening."
04/21/2019 08:54 PMPosted by Evenstar
04/21/2019 08:32 PMPosted by GreatBalls
Can I just ask why everybody is still going on about this? They already made up their minds on the whole stash tab thing. Nothing anybody says or does is going to change that. Why not just accept it and move on? But over 600 post so far and everybody is saying the same thing is getting a bit ridiculous.

Yes, yes and yes to this post.

Say that when they decide to gate something else that we want behind seasons. Something other than stash space. Something that you would love to have as a QoL change that would be great. Like auto picking up of crafting mats or your pets picking them up. Then when D4 comes out they decide to tie a bunch of new QoL additions behind seasons all because you and others gave them the green light to do so. That is why we are speaking out. We want to make sure that those things don't happen. The only way to do that is to speak out. Also the devs want our feedback and they are getting it.

Why do you decide to defend them on this. Why even I don't defend them on this issue because it is a dumb thing to do. If there is an issue with crashing then just hand them out once per month without tying them to seasons. That would be the best compromise if there truly is a problem with crashing. But I don't believe that is an issue because I have those here that have said that no one reported any crashing of the game or any other bugs due to the extra stash space.

I do believe that it was their intention all the long to gate stash space by seasons because they think it is a great idea. I would love to know who they got that crazy idea from.

04/22/2019 02:38 PMPosted by Cronk

Maybe in secret they are drama queens that love this kind of attention. They might want to be like the video game company version of the Kardashians, lol.
I sure as hell have NOT given up on keeping the stash tabs gate free.

I'm just as pissed now as I was when this all hit the fan.

Really damn close to the point of saying F it and not coming back over it, that's where my head is.

After 7 years of this...... Time to do the right thing Blizzard.
Fight the good fight, dtmace.

If my son ends up wanting to play d3, I'll pick it up again.

Otherwise already Uninstalled!

If they do decide to give us the 5 tabs, will reconsider.
04/22/2019 06:31 PMPosted by DTMAce

Really damn close to the point of saying F it and not coming back over it, that's where my head is.

I think that Blizzard saw the overwhelming feedback about players hoping that this simple QoL feature would not be season-gated. Unfortunately, they do not care. ATVI investors are concerned that ATVI has lost touch with its playerbase for good reasons.
04/22/2019 06:51 PMPosted by MicroRNA
04/22/2019 06:31 PMPosted by DTMAce

I think that Blizzard saw the overwhelming feedback about players hoping that this simple QoL feature would not be season-gated. Unfortunately, they do not care. ATVI investors are concerned that ATVI has lost touch with its playerbase for good reasons.

Out of touch is very much how I feel about ActiBlizz.

I'm 10 days into what has become a serious relationship that will eventually reduce my gaming time to 2hrs/week at best.

I'm ruling out seasons eventually and when I've got two accounts to unlock tabs on, there's really no point to starting a season when I'm likely going to spend 3 weeks getting my 6pc set. I just have bugger all space to get more out of NS.
I’m tired of this, I have all available stash tabs and it’s not enough. I’m not doing 5 more seasons to get stash tabs, especially now that they have come up with a crashing excuse that, as far as I can see, is BS.
I have played since day one and I really enjoy the game but enough is enough. New games coming on top of POE and Grim Dawn, I’ll still play some but too many other options to continually put up with the disconnect with Blizzard and their customers.
Gotta respect their consistency (wording blunder in the patch notes aside). What was the point in making the last four tabs available through seasons if they're just going to give away five at once, for nothing? I could see them adding one for free (gold), but five? Why? As an apology for Blizzcon?

Quick survey, what are you going to do with more stash space anyway?

A) I am currently playing at least 30 different builds, constantly switching between them, and five new tabs would allow me to get to around 50 builds. Seems implausible I know, but trust me that's how many I will be playing. One after the other. All the time.

B) I'm gonna hoard more gear that I'll never use. And then demand MOAR stash space!

I'm a B. Be honest (see what I did there?) - you are too.
Space, when I actually bother to play seriously, I min max all the relevant sets eventually for that season. This is usually 3 of the sets per class depending on the season. Then there's the lon builds that have come back.

Since Blizzard buffs sets all the time those 3 sets above change all the time with requisite gear. Akkhan for example has several builds which have different weapon, off hand, skill damage, elemental...

So in otherwards, many people in NONSEASON play more like A over several seasons than your B.

This is why NONSEASON needs the space the most and it makes NO SENSE to gate them in seasonal play.

It's absolutely no fun and negative reinforcement to have to refarm gear that you found in the past. Blizzard's own design promotes storing requisite gear for multiple builds if you play across multiple seasons -> NONSEASON.
I keep seeing this "compromise" thing pop up, like people want to negotiate for what was already promised in full.

Why?

There's literally no reason to negotiate. There's no *good* reason to gate stash tabs behind seasons anymore. This isn't an MMO... they're never going to develop more content for this game (which is fine... despite complaints, there's plenty of content for an aRPG), and they're never going to give us a single-player version so we could play it like we want to (i.e. PlugY). So there's no reason to not toss a stash-bone to the community they keep saying they care about.

Personally, even if they gave 5 stashes, I doubt I'd play again... too little too late (in this case, at least a week late). But hey, I'm in the forums endgame now!
04/22/2019 08:07 PMPosted by RKDecker
’m tired of this, I have all available stash tabs and it’s not enough.

So how much stash space exactly would be 'enough'? If you've got all the tabs and are using mules, you can already easily store enough gear for 70+ different builds. That's 10 per class. Doesn't that sound like 'enough'?

Are you playing 70 builds now? And if you had enough stash space to play 100, or 250, or 1000 builds, would you play that many? No, right? So what value is there in more space? Other than to enable hoarders?
Seriously .... what does Nev do in a work day?

I am at a loss ... does she sit around reading the forums and report that to the developers ?

That doesn't even take all day ... so does she serve some higher function than a community manager ? I really would like to know what she does in a work day ... Miss Cheetah is a better CM than nev as she actually engages with us. It would be a fair demand of a CM to make a single post every day just to show engagement....

Either way i don't think i am going to play this next league. LoN just isn't exciting for me as all the builds get homogenized to the abilities with the highest multipliers. I actually played season 16 because it felt fun mixing 4pc and 6pc sets. The developers have yet to understand when every build in the game uses a single item then that item is overpowered. RoRG needs to be removed from the game. Adjust sets respectively and lets move forward. But hey ! .... what do i know ...
04/22/2019 08:48 PMPosted by spacecadet13
wording blunder in the patch notes

It wasn't a blunder. They initially said one thing. Then a few days later changed it to something completely different without even announcing that they'd changed it in the hope it wouldn't be noticed. That's an underhanded bait and switch.
04/23/2019 12:59 AMPosted by spacecadet13
04/22/2019 08:07 PMPosted by RKDecker
’m tired of this, I have all available stash tabs and it’s not enough.

So how much stash space exactly would be 'enough'? If you've got all the tabs and are using mules, you can already easily store enough gear for 70+ different builds. That's 10 per class. Doesn't that sound like 'enough'?

Are you playing 70 builds now? And if you had enough stash space to play 100, or 250, or 1000 builds, would you play that many? No, right? So what value is there in more space? Other than to enable hoarders?

I think I answered this for you several times.

Reasonable stash space should be enough to encompass a nonseason player min/maxing all relevant sets over a course of a few seasons/eras if not all that has/will be played.

In additional to that basic storage, there should be enough to be able to use the armory.

The current space is enough if you use the characters and their inventory as mules for equipment but leaves the armory nonfunctional.

The idea here is that you need enough common storage that it isn't stuffed to the brim either. There should be empty slots in general to shift and organize gear.

People have been playing stash Tetris for years. Having enough room is having functional stash space as well. (having empty slots to organize)

I would love to have 3 to pages per class at a minimum, most classes have about 2 to 2.5 pages of relevant gear with dupes for elemental or skill bonus modifiers.
Any one have an idea when the PTR will go live again??
04/23/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Flash
Any one have an idea when the PTR will go live again??

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771277059
But from what I see some players doing live and playing ptr!

Like the bluddshed and others.

but why are some people without access? Pull the blizz bag

kkkk
It took me awhile to find this old post that I thought was apt (It turns out it was from 2015). See https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/19649065883#post-1

It is titled:

Apply diablo gameplay or rules to real life for fun

11/07/2015 02:51 AMPosted by ShadowHunter
Thread just to see what funny scenarios people come up with.

I thought of this when reading about the new stash space.

So i go to the town hall to ask for a building permit for a garage and they say due to technical limitations in the towns by-laws permits for expanding your homes weren't permitted. So I accept it and don't build a garage.

Then, one day I hear about changes to the towns laws that permit expansions!
Excitedly I rush to the town hall to apply for a permit.

Me: "I'm here to apply for a permit to build a garage on my house"

Town hall clerk: "ok, we just have some simple paperwork to fill out and you can get started right away!"

As I'm filling out the paperwork I notice some strange details...

Me: "it says here on page 3 that I can only pay for 1/5 of the garage with my own money, and for the rest of the garage I have to get a different job and use funds exclusively from there to pay for it?"

Town hall clerk: "yes that is correct."

So I really want this garage badly so I decide it's worth it to do this anyway and I continue to read the forms as I'm filling them out.

Me: "wait a minute here, this can't be right, here on page 7 it says in order to build a garage I must first build a replica of my existing house!?"

Town hall clerk: "oh yes, isn't that exciting? We thought it would be interesting for people to have that experience again! Imagine having two of the same houses! And one with the added garage!"

Me: "and the replica of my house also can't be funded by any existing funds and I can't get a loan based on my current good credit to pay for it?"

Town hall clerk: "yes, well we believe that anyone who wants an addition to their house to start on an even playing field, I mean, it's only fair."

I continue to read through the pages of the document...

Me: "The replica of the house must be build in Afghanistan?!?!"

The clerk just looks at me with astonishment as if this should somehow be common knowledge...

Me:(quoting the document to the clerk) "after such time as the new replica house is completed, the new addition may be added at any time. Then, after a period of 3 months after completion, the house will be demolished and the addition will be shipped to you home and attached for no charge."

Town hall clerk: "yes, it's all right there, doesn't this sound great? Now you can finally have that garage you always wanted! And we will bring it right to your home for you!"

Me(reading even deeper into the fine print): "this permit is good for 1/5 of a total home addition, additional permits may be applied for every 4 months to complete the rest of your new addition."

I silently walk away and check myself into the nearest psych ward....