PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37 65 Next
04/24/2019 12:12 PMPosted by lesotheron
Meanwhile people who don't like seasons are going to have to either:

A) force themselves to play seasons (something they don't enjoy), just so they can get the extra Stash that they need, or
B) continue not playing seasons and continue to be starved for Stash space.

Don't forget:

C)Get fed up with the lies, half-truths, and PR soothsaying that contradicts Blizz's actions to find a different ARPG to play.

Grim Dawn gives a lot of personal and shared storage space, for no additional costs other than in game 'iron bits' (aka gold). Just saying.
04/24/2019 01:15 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
C)Get fed up with the lies, half-truths, and PR soothsaying that contradicts Blizz's actions to find a different ARPG to play.

Or maybe something that is not an ARPG even. I have been having fun with Staxel lately. It is kind of like Minecraft had a baby with Stardew Valley but without stamina and deadlines. Very open sandbox which I like.
04/24/2019 01:20 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Or maybe something that is not an ARPG even. I have been having fun with Staxel lately. It is kind of like Minecraft had a baby with Stardew Valley but without stamina and deadlines. Very open sandbox which I like.

That is always a perfectly acceptable alternative! I've been trying out Thimbleweed Park, Axiom Verge and Transistor over the last 4 months. There's plenty of alternatives. I have never heard of Staxel, I might have to take a look.
04/24/2019 01:23 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

That is always a perfectly acceptable alternative! I've been trying out Thimbleweed Park, Axiom Verge and Transistor over the last 4 months. There's plenty of alternatives. I have never heard of Staxel, I might have to take a look.

I hear some of the factory sim games are pretty cool too if you are into that sort of harvest and build type of game. I like my farm and building houses...and having lego animals, but that is not everyone's cup of tea. One I am aware of is Factorio and another new one is Satisfactory which is a 3d factory and harvesting sim.
We are mostly adults here and driven by purpose based decision making.

Occams razor would argue that Blizzard has a really good reason to do this that they can't share.

But blizzards track record and the cynical side of me says Uninstall.
We are mostly adults here and driven by purpose based decision making.

Occams razor would argue that Blizzard has a really good reason to do this that they can't share.

But blizzards track record and the cynical side of me says Uninstall.

Occams razor argues that they're doing this for monetary reasons above all else, and everything else is lipservice or downright lies.

Also, I'm thinking we should make a habit of calling them ActiBliz or something, because they're clearly not the same company we knew as Blizzard.

You know, that actually sounds like I might like it. Stardew Valley would have been 1000x better, especially on consoles where it takes a lot longer to set up a season's farm layout than on the PC version, if the following had been implemented:

1) Allowance of being out past your "bedtime". They could have made it so days spent out without sleeping at home = they don't tally for purposes of growing crops at the farm as a tradeoff and I'd have jumped for joy.

2) Introduction of a "lock on" feature for the farm tool "area of effect" via the L2/R2 shoulder buttons so you could pick that 3x3 or 5x5 square to use continually with your hoe/pickaxe/waterer without that god awful "charge up" system for every single use (which is why it takes so much longer to set up a farm on console than on PC).

3) Bigger inventory. It's using local storage. Even with maxed backpacks it's too little for adventuring even with the sleep restrictions in place. :(

If Staxel gives me freedom to overcome those types of limitations, I might well look into it.

04/24/2019 01:23 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

Axiom Verge is pretty cool. Got a twisted plot too. And if you want to plat the game, bring some skill. You'll need it. :)
Bare minimum those who completed the season journey and were previously capped at 5 tabs should be retroactively awarded the tabs they did not get.
04/24/2019 04:15 PMPosted by Mutt
Bare minimum those who completed the season journey and were previously capped at 5 tabs should be retroactively awarded the tabs they did not get.

Bare minimum they should award ALL players 5 stash tabs as they initially stated. It wasn't their original intention from what they are saying, but that isn't our mistake, it's theirs. They need to show a bit of integrity and live up to their word.
04/24/2019 01:15 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
04/24/2019 12:12 PMPosted by lesotheron
Meanwhile people who don't like seasons are going to have to either:

A) force themselves to play seasons (something they don't enjoy), just so they can get the extra Stash that they need, or
B) continue not playing seasons and continue to be starved for Stash space.

Don't forget:

Grim Dawn gives a lot of personal and shared storage space, for no additional costs other than in game 'iron bits' (aka gold). Just saying.

I've already bought Grim Dawn and its DLC on a sale a couple weeks ago. I think it's calling my name.
Is there any chance of a blue putting a sticky on the main page to confirm that the stash tabs are going to remain behind seasons so that we can have closure on this topic?
I keep coming back every few days to see if there's been any change. Looks like Blizzard is digging in deep to stand their ground. Good for them. There are a lot of other options out there, plus a back catalog of games that I've barely touched.

As far as I'm concerned, this game has run its course for me. Not even sure if another DLC with Druid or whatever would be enough to reengage me. They seem to just now be getting around to a lot of the QOL requests we've had over the years, yet a lot of popular requests are still missing.

I'm sure they have their reasons for the silence and their decisions. But that does not mean that I owe them any more patience or understanding.
04/24/2019 04:55 PMPosted by char
Is there any chance of a blue putting a sticky on the main page to confirm that the stash tabs are going to remain behind seasons so that we can have closure on this topic?

Only if the sticky says that they will be allowing them for gold and NOT sticking them behind seasons.

If you don't want to hear about stash tabs anymore then don't read these threads.

Many of us are not going to relent on this issue. I certainly won't.
04/24/2019 05:30 PMPosted by DTMAce
Only if the sticky says that they will be allowing them for gold and NOT sticking them behind seasons.

It would be good if the sticky was truthful...

Hi All

I just wanted to post this for you regarding the stash space debacle.

We originally wanted to give you 5 tabs for gold but then upper management became involved and wanted us to gate this behind seasons to show our investors that we still have good Monthly Average Users or MAU's.

This meant that we had to make up some baloney about the stash affecting the PTR which some of us thought you wouldn't believe.

The next course of action was to then tell you some more baloney that it was always our intention to make the 5 stash tabs unlocked via season journey. We painted this picture as "oops it was a typo and mis-worded thingy".

To help sell this new load of rubbish we added in a good ole "we're looking to improve our communication" and then we re-wrote all the PTR patch notes like this whole thing never happened.

I'm going to and sticky this thread so that you can see what went down and how rancid this stash gate has been. MAU's matter a lot to us and we will keep listening (to investors).

See you in Sanctuary.
04/24/2019 04:55 PMPosted by char

This will actually enrage the forums more than give closure.

Example, back in the day we had trials. Everyone hated them. They were a horrible design choice. The forums raged. Blues tried to reassure the players that they were a necessary design choice. The forums raged harder and harder. Finally, they came to their senses and removed them.

Same thing is going to happen if they try the hard stance. They are going with radio silence mode as usual and hope it goes away. Our job is to make sure that it does not go away and hopefully, they will "hear us" and do the right thing and honor their initial patch notes of "5 stash tabs available for all players".
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771456948?page=2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYdjPflwXKQ&t=3391s

According to this topic, The OP mentioned (and lord fluff, on the youtube link at around 40 minutes mark idk +-5mins) that it is not normal to bind the stash tab to seasonal. Makes no sense. And I would totally agree with this. You have done a doodoo and your only way to salvage it is to give it right away or be gone.

@ Nevalitist ... "ad hominem" are about attacking personally an individual to win an argument. You guys had lost this so he was just being truthful. You guys Suck. Also "trying your hardest" always sounds a bit blend considering how little you have done for us in the past 3 years (diablo)... none of the diablo players care about your "Mentally challenged rifts". They suck. You can't argue against that... all those challenges are completed because bounties also !@#$ing blow.......
Sigh... I'd say we're speechless, but quite frankly, 80% of us are and don't dare repeating what others are saying. Most companies would compensate us for a ef up this big. Subsequently followed by Another Eff up this atrocious. The only reason we get stash tabs in the first place is to get excused for how cosmologically lost you guys are.

holy. Mother. of. confusion. Lets create a religion out of this.
Good game :D as any other game would say. Lata pinata. GL with your fiesta.
04/24/2019 05:53 PMPosted by Alexismad
This will actually enrage the forums more than give closure.

Example, back in the day we had trials. Everyone hated them. They were a horrible design choice. The forums raged. Blues tried to reassure the players that they were a necessary design choice. The forums raged harder and harder. Finally, they came to their senses and removed them.

Same thing is going to happen if they try the hard stance. They are going with radio silence mode as usual and hope it goes away. Our job is to make sure that it does not go away and hopefully, they will "hear us" and do the right thing and honor their initial patch notes of "5 stash tabs available for all players".

Agree with this.

Their silence already speaks volumes. The only slim hope is this might get reversed but it's tied up in internal big-company bureaucracy.

Even if that were the case, it's pathetic that this company that promised communication continues to fail so utterly at it.
They got my hopes up.

I had forgotten. This is Blizzard. The company that gave us the Pathfinder achievement in WoW, as a big "eff you" to all the fans who were not pleased at a lack of flying.

Whenever fun is detected, Blizzard must hunt it down and kill it.
04/20/2019 12:28 PMPosted by RuneThor
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

Quite frankly at this point...go F yourselves....you guys just can't get it right can you? I played 16 seasons 5 of which i earned stash and so i played 11 seasons for nothing and have to do this for another 3 years??? ARE YOU FKIN SERIOUS???
Just go bankrupt that's what you deserve...

My sentiments exactly
04/16/2019 06:04 AMPosted by Mugsy
04/16/2019 05:16 AMPosted by DTMAce
We should name it StashGate

Technically it's Stashgate 2.0... we already went through the original Stashgate back in Blizzcon 2015.

Isn't that a movie and TV show starring Richard Dean Anderson? It should be...