PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 36 37 38 64 Next
04/25/2019 03:08 AMPosted by Anthias
04/16/2019 06:04 AMPosted by Mugsy
Technically it's Stashgate 2.0... we already went through the original Stashgate back in Blizzcon 2015.

Isn't that a movie and TV show starring Richard Dean Anderson? It should be...

That's the one where someone acts as if they're a god expecting adoration from people for anything they say or do and punishes anyone that disagrees.

So the Blizzard CEO is Ra?
I was thinking more there is a glowing round portal to another world where I stash all my stuff, but sure, that works too...

And there you have the paradise - screw the stash, we each get our own goblin vault for our hoarded goodies.
04/25/2019 03:21 AMPosted by Meteorblade
That's the one where someone acts as if they're a god expecting adoration from people for anything they say or do and punishes anyone that disagrees.

Ra was sorta nuked. Technically, so was Apophis if you consider the explosion of the Ha'tak that ripped through his personal shield. Don't think Mr. Brack (president - there is no CEO currently) would care to be either of them. He might be Ba'al though. ;)
04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

No the key point here is tying stash tabs to seasons sucks. Stupid idea that pointlessly handicaps people who have no desire to play seasons or slog through a bunch of boring requirements. Keep screwing your customers and see how that works out for you. You've had enough time to fix this it's on all of Blizzard now. Your problem with communication is you don't listen.
04/25/2019 03:21 AMPosted by Meteorblade
04/25/2019 03:08 AMPosted by Anthias
Isn't that a movie and TV show starring Richard Dean Anderson? It should be...

The irony I find is that after finishing her work on Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Amanda Tapping did a show called Sanctuary. They didn't seem to have any stash issues there.
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.

We want to start by saying we hear you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769689106

Nah you don't listen or hear us, at all.

YOU DON'T HEAR US, AT ALL. YOU DON'T LISTEN, AS YOU HAVEN'T LEARNT ANYTHING FROM YOUR RECENT MISTAKES.

You simply do not listen, PERIOD.

What is the point of a PTR if every single time there's a 150 pages discussion about a problem, you are just going to do as you wish and don't change anything based on AN OVERWHELMING response from the community about a bad feature. Why don't you just close the forums while you are it.

You know what... who care anyway, were all going to be playing Diablo Immortals soon, right?

OR

You could tell your stubborn overlords at the office in the next meeting this and swallow your pride for once : Your ideas sucks, don't do that and here is why like we just did.
Blizzard doesn' listen to playerbase wants. Good suggestions just going to waste. What a shame.
04/25/2019 05:25 AMPosted by Zymurgeist

No the key point here is tying stash tabs to seasons sucks. Stupid idea that pointlessly handicaps people who have no desire to play seasons or slog through a bunch of boring requirements. Keep screwing your customers and see how that works out for you. You've had enough time to fix this it's on all of Blizzard now. Your problem with communication is you don't listen.

More than not truly listening they don't communicate to us. Only a few posts in every blue moon or so isn't really communicating.
Non Seasonal players need extra stash...

Blizzard offers more stash!

But wait, they're not offering more stash for non seasonal players.
Keep screwing your customers and see how that works out for you.

Tying stash tabs and cosmetics to seasonal play clearly works well for them, or they wouldn't keep doing it, and there wouldn't be so many more players in seasons than in non-seasons.

04/25/2019 09:15 PMPosted by Jako

Yeah, they are. More stash space is available for every player. Non-seasonal exclusive players are making a conscious choice not to get it. Beats me what could be in another 30-40 hours of non-seasonal play that has more value and QoL than a stash tab.
04/26/2019 12:18 AMPosted by spacecadet13
Non-seasonal exclusive players are making a conscious choice not to get it. Beats me what could be in another 30-40 hours of non-seasonal play that has more value and QoL than a stash tab.

For me I can spend hour on hour of non-seasonal play because it relaxes me, and I can escape. I have tried a few seasons, and got as far as getting two stash tabs (actually managed Guardian too), but in order to do that I have had to go into public games, which I find very hard. I don't feel I am good enough and worry greatly about slowing the party down, hence I don't enjoy it AT ALL, and it is the very opposite of relaxing for me. I know this is all stuff in my head, but nevertheless that is my reality which I struggle with. Likewise I find posting here very stressful - this is only my second post.

So yes, I HAVE jumped through the hoops for the stash tabs (2 so far), because I feel having more stash tabs would so much improve the game for me - being told I was getting 5 more made me so happy. Considerable disappointment since. I'm pretty sure I will eventually steel myself to get a couple more, although I can't honestly see myself mustering up the stamina and time for another 7. That is a big deal for me. I only have a few more years before I retire so maybe then ...

I guess I just wanted to point out to spacecadet13 that there are reasons why non-seasonal play is good for some people. Even though difficult for me, I CAN just about manage the season requirements - what about others who can't?
04/26/2019 03:57 AMPosted by Leodog
For me I can spend hour on hour of non-seasonal play because it relaxes me

I'm getting to this point myself. Life is moving on and my time for gaming is shrinking. It would be good if NS was a half decent option for putting together my remaining builds and trying out LON builds... there's just bugger all room for doing this.

I feel having more stash tabs would so much improve the game for me

Yep, as it would for many of us. You're not alone there mate.

I can't honestly see myself mustering up the stamina and time for another 7. That is a big deal for me. I only have a few more years before I retire so maybe then ...

I'm over 20yrs from retirement :-(
Tying stash tabs and cosmetics to seasonal play clearly works well for them, or they wouldn't keep doing it, and there wouldn't be so many more players in seasons than in non-seasons.

The point is they changed their stance on the PTR notes as to how the tabs were going to be allocated. It went from 5 additional tabs to be added for gold when the patch went live, to being ninja changed to 5 additional tabs being handed out over a year and a half thru the season journey. As for seasonal play itself, there are so many players in seasons because more people enjoy playing seasons. Gating stash tabs has nothing to do with the popularity of seasons. People play the mode they like because they like it.

Yeah, they are. More stash space is available for every player. Non-seasonal exclusive players are making a conscious choice not to get it. Beats me what could be in another 30-40 hours of non-seasonal play that has more value and QoL than a stash tab.

So why not gate it behind hc then? It would under your theory make hc popular. Make all the player base complete the season journey playing a mode 90% of them have no interest in playing, not to expose them to this side of the game, but just because you can. Punishing players into playing content they have decided they do not want to play in order to earn a valuable QOL item over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is just plain dirty.
04/26/2019 07:11 AMPosted by Mugsy
I'm over 20yrs from retirement :-(

At this point in time I would LOVE to be over 20 years away from retirement! I suppose it depends on what you do - I've never earned much money but I've made sure that I've pretty much always enjoyed my work. Life's too short ...
I guess I just wanted to point out to spacecadet13 that there are reasons why non-seasonal play is good for some people. Even though difficult for me, I CAN just about manage the season requirements - what about others who can't?

That is the problem because there are a lot people that play the game the same way. Blizzard doesn't care about people like you or them. They only care about the mindless that will jump through hoops to get everything in the game. Plus will play every season and play 24/7 too.
Keep screwing your customers and see how that works out for you.

04/25/2019 09:15 PMPosted by Jako

Yeah it might work to pad the MAU (monthly average users) numbers. But how well will it work in the long run for their other future PC games like whatever they call D4? It could affect the amount of players that actually buy it. During the first week of D3 vanilla sales it sold around 6 million. I would dare say that with stash gate and Diablo Immortal fiasco that the sales on the first week of D4 or whatever they call it will be around 1.5-2 million sales. Hardly the smashing success of D3. I am being kind on that estimate it could even be under a million in the first week.

The first time Blizz done it with the four tabs there was hatred from non seasonal players as well as some seasonal players as well. This is like rubbing salt into the earlier wounds. I know that they could've just given us the tabs for gold without any issues. Even if there were a few random issues with crashing. Then why not just give them one tab at a time for gold. That solves the issue of crashing and also doesn't gate them behind seasons.

I say that they decided to gate them behind seasons because they wanted to pad the MAU numbers to make seasons look even better. What frightens me is that is telling me that their themed experiments are not going as well as they have been telling us. Or maybe the next theme after 17 will be a double this or that again.

So yes, I HAVE jumped through the hoops for the stash tabs (2 so far), because I feel having more stash tabs would so much improve the game for me - being told I was getting 5 more made me so happy. Considerable disappointment since. I'm pretty sure I will eventually steel myself to get a couple more, although I can't honestly see myself mustering up the stamina and time for another 7. That is a big deal for me. I only have a few more years before I retire so maybe then ...

I can understand your disappointment. But it can be done solo, I have done it four times myself. Sure I hate it as well, but I wanted the tabs so I had to jump through the hoops. All you need is a strong build that can do high to top tier GRs and you will unlock it faster than you know what hit you. I did it in one season with a Multishot DH in 65 hours that was without the Challenge Rift. Today with the Challenge Rift that might only take around 40 hours for me.

What I would do that would make it faster is on the week of the day of the season's start, which is usually on a Friday, I wouldn't do the Challenge Rift. Then on Friday I would make the seasonal character or rebirth a character to season. Then do the Challenge Rift because usually they are extremely easy to do. That gives you 4.6 million gold that will allow you to full upgrade all three artisans. Along with the crafting mats, death's breaths and blood shards it is a good start.

Now with the ability to see what objectives you have to do in order to unlock the stash space by chapter that makes it even easier. Just group up objectives when you can tackle them together if possible. Then you will unlock the tab faster than you know what hit you.

To make it even easier I would check to see what the conquests are for the season. If I see two easy ones then I can unlock them like this next season is. Avarice is easy for me and The Thrill even easier since it is the season of Nightmares (LoN buff).
I'm getting to this point myself. Life is moving on and my time for gaming is shrinking. It would be good if NS was a half decent option for putting together my remaining builds and trying out LON builds... there's just bugger all room for doing this.

I am sure that if Blizz wanted to they could make it where there is a way to unlock the stash space non season without being unfair to seasonal players. A way that would take about the same amount of time investment as seasons. They could've made special challenge dungeons for it. Think things like no legendary gems, no paragon, no augments, etc... They could've even made new monsters and objectives that would take a while to achieve. They could've even made it where you have to take a build that Blizz would slap together just for such a purpose. A crazy no set legendary only build.

They also could've made a special token that can be collected like currency that would take about as long in time to collect enough to unlock the stash tab.
04/21/2019 06:40 PMPosted by Evenstar
How does Diablo make profits off existing players?

This is not a serious question, is it?

BY adding expansion packs, merch in the shop and even cosmetic skins could be sold.

The only thing out of the 3 they have done, is sell merch. The necro roll out was to be an expansion pack, but they pieced it out over time.

I am VP of a small business and understand the great importance of customer retention. Positive word of mouth is the greatest advertisement tool any company could have.

That means, those existing customers you seem so easy to dismiss, are driving new customers, or chasing them away based off of their experiences.
There’s been a lot of conversation about stash tabs from PTR. We’d like to clarify the confusion and answer some questions regarding the changes and updates dealing with stash tabs.

We use PTR to vet and test changes, and there were some unexpected, negative effects on gameplay from enabling more stash tabs – especially for players on consoles.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide any additional stash tabs to console players, and we are limiting the number for PC to keep Diablo III the fast paced, loot explosion we all love.

You’ll find a deeper dive into the why via the questions & answers below.

Q: What are the technical limitations preventing us from adding more stash tabs?

To explain this, we have to start with the foundation on which Diablo III is built.

Most objects in the games are actors: special effects, enemies, summons, followers, and items. Gems, weapons, armor, potions, pets, crafting materials, and more; all the things we love to horde. All players in a party sync on everything that every player has - in memory, all the time.

That doesn't sound like a lot at first, but it adds up very fast. The more actors active in a game (like enemies on screen AND items in your stash), the more the game will tax your system's memory. This issue on console is particularly difficult because there is a limit to how much system memory we can access. PC is more flexible in this manner, which is why we're able to add more stash space there.

On console, we tried lowering the number of tabs to be added, but there was still an unacceptable rise in latency and rubberbanding. As much as we'd all enjoy the additional stash space, it's not worth the cost to gameplay.

Q: Why are we rolling out stash space with Seasons?

This was always our intent. The intended experience was to unlock tabs as part of the seasonal journey. We also now understand where the wheels fall off from too much load, and it can’t function the other way.

Q: Why can't we make stash space available to non-Seasonal players?

We explored options to make this happen, but it came down to a conflict in how Seasonal rewards roll into non-Seasonal permanence. Rewards would be earned twice, and we’d end up in the state of poor performance we’ve been trying to avoid.

We recognize not everyone prefers Seasons, but we do want to emphasize that any Stash earned in Season does roll into non-Seasonal characters.