PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 47 48 49 65 Next
RAM? RAM is why you have to gate them behind seasons? RAM is why you can't make them purchasable with gold immediately? this has been the most disgusting excuse from blizzard in the history of blizzard.

pass that on to the devs and whoever calls the shots.

I
AM
NOT
PLAYING
AGAIN.
05/01/2019 07:16 PMPosted by Acheronus
05/01/2019 02:09 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Why oh why can't I like this post multiple times???
GG

Whilst struggling to grasp the arbitrariness of enjoying non-seasonal play but hating seasonal play, even though they're to all intents and purposes identical, I've come to the realisation that you're heroes. Each and every one of you. Absolutely. I need you. I'm not joking. For whatever arbitrary or 'technical' reasons, not everyone can have all the extra tabs. It is what it is. We just can't all have them. Which means players like me - and Blizzard - are counting on YOU to make the sacrifice of not getting more stash space. Without your continued efforts, the rest of us might not get the chance to earn the extra five tabs in seasons and then enjoy them in non-season. So please, stay strong. Don't give in or give up. Whatever the cost. No matter how quick and easy Blizz makes the seasonal journey. Don't get those extra tabs, whatever you do. You could potentially ruin it for me if you do, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that on your conscience.

In return, I promise to utter a silent prayer of thanks to you all every time I hoard yet another item I'll never use in my abundant stash.

Yours with genuine gratitude and admiration,
Spacecadet13
05/01/2019 08:55 PMPosted by spacecadet13
For whatever arbitrary or 'technical' reasons

The technical "reason" isn't true.
The arbitrary reason is that Blizzard want to maintain MAUs at each season start.
gain a tab after 100 hours played, your timer starts now?

Edit:
Blizzard knows how long it takes on average to complete a season, instead of 100 hours put the average amount of time, that way all we will get a surprise when the message pops up 'you have a new tab available', seemingly at random
05/01/2019 11:28 PMPosted by char
gain a tab after 100 hours played, your timer starts now?

This makes more sense than anything else, including Blizzard's approach. I do wish Blizz would realize that they would have a lot more MAU's for D3 if they just gave NS players a way to earn more stash, because NS players would play consistently, not just at the start of a season, but their intransigence on stash space can only be chalked up to institutional sclerosis.
05/01/2019 11:05 PMPosted by Meteorblade

The arbitrary reason is that Blizzard want to maintain MAUs at each season start.

^^QFT.
I hope change this is very sad
Just stickin' with that story huh?

Can't say I'm surprised!
I play Diablo III 99% of the time in seasons. Which is what I did during Diablo II Ladders. Honestly when I saw the 5 new stash spaces for nothing in the original PTR patch notes, the first thing that came to my mind was... that's a lame way to acquire them. I haven't read all the posts, but I for one, am happy that they are at least something to strive for. However, my thoughts on how to obtain them were different.

I was thinking we could earn the 5 more stash spaces by completing all conquests in a season. We already have to complete 3 conquests to make Guardian. So, the challenge would be to complete all 5 conquests to get 1 additional stash space per season. This way it provides an avenue to obtain 2 stash tabs per season, to help out those who haven't had the game as long. For as it stands seasons can last an average of ~3 months, so having a new person coming in, with the currant way of play, it would take them ~27 months (9 seasons) to obtain them all. Or by my suggestion it would take ~15 months (5 seasons) for all of them. The amount of time to complete for newer players would be reasonable, and gives all players just a little bit more of a challenge.

If this was implemented players having 0-4 additional stash tabs now, would all be able to reach the 9 additional stash tabs after a minimum of 5 seasons of play. If the 2 ways of getting the tabs could be linked, players with 3-4 tabs already would only need 3 seasons to reach the max of 9 additional tabs.

For example: If I have 3 extra tabs now, next season I'm able to get 1 tab for normal season journey, and 1 more for completing all 5 conquests. Bringing me up to 5 extra tabs. Next season I was not into it as much or life was more busy, and I only get the season journey tab but not the conquest one, it would bring me up to 6 extra tabs. 3rd season in I do both and my tabs reach 8 extra. Or for some reason you don't want to do the season journey one and only do the 5 conquests by themselves, you could get the bonus 1 for just that too.

But your stash is still completely full of quality items. Sure.

Here are my total play times.
Barbarian: 167 hours
Crusader: 154 hours
Demon Hunter: 376 hours
Monk: 298 hours
Necromancer: 48 hours
Witch Doctor: 341 hours
Wizard: 507 hours
Total: 1891 hours

Paragon Level: 1080.

See how small the Necromancer time is relative to the others? Note that I've played almost exclusively Necromancer since it came out about 2 years ago (June 2017).

Over the 7 years of its release (May 2012), in 3 month blocks, there have been 28 season-equivalent timeframes, which means I've *AVERAGED* 67 hours/season-block (1891/28) *over all 7 years*. That's PLENTY of time to acquire quality items - many times over.

BUT, since Necromancer came out, there have been 8 season-equivalent blocks. Since I've played basically nothing but Necromancer since then, I've only averaged about SIX hours per season-block (48/8) since 2017.

Why have I played only Necro? Because I don't have the stash space to try out a larger variety of builds with the other classes. A *minimum* amount of reasonable stash space would be enough to have five unique builds with each class - all four set-specific builds and one Legacy-Of-Nightmares build. It's not even close right now.

Your argument is invalid.

04/30/2019 11:25 AMPosted by spacecadet13

Seasons are bounties, rifts and GR's. Over and over. Kinda exactly the same as what NS play is. So if seasonal play is not fun, how can NS be? And throwing your time in the garbage? You play NS, you collect gear and earn paragon, right? You play season, you collect gear, earn paragon and earn a stash tab, all of which transfer to NS. How on earth is that a waste of time?

You have to start over at level 1 and get to 70. Massive waste of time. You have to earn special achievements to get a stash tab which means dedicating effort to doing exactly what's required to get that tab. Massive waste of time. You can't use your existing NS items to play high-level rifts and have to find enough quality gear to get to them all over again. Massive waste of time.
It's like clicking "New Game" instead of "New Game Plus" after you've beaten it the first time. Why in hell would you want to do that? The fun of D3 at this point it trying to get to ever-higher rift levels and rarer versions (e.g. primal) of my favorite items. Neither can be done efficiently in Seasons.

04/26/2019 11:45 AMPosted by Nevalistis
04/26/2019 11:36 AMPosted by Kirottu
If you are adamant on keeping those additional tabs gated behind seasons, then you absolutely must grant tabs retroactively to the players who have reached Conqueror or higher more than 4 times previously.

This was another thing we proposed in bringing in player feedback. My recollection was that there were technical issues with this too, but I'll gladly bring it up again to see if I was mistaken. No harm in double-checking, but nothing I can promise.

So any update? Was this brought up again? Do we have confirmation that this will cause technical issues? Since it is clear now that these will stay gated, this is the best compromise. We would like an update. We deserve that, at least.
05/01/2019 11:05 PMPosted by Meteorblade

THIS
05/03/2019 09:32 AMPosted by Ziplex
I play Diablo III 99% of the time in seasons. Which is what I did during Diablo II Ladders. Honestly when I saw the 5 new stash spaces for nothing in the original PTR patch notes, the first thing that came to my mind was... that's a lame way to acquire them. I haven't read all the posts, but I for one, am happy that they are at least something to strive for. However, my thoughts on how to obtain them were different.

I was thinking we could earn the 5 more stash spaces by completing all conquests in a season. We already have to complete 3 conquests to make Guardian. So, the challenge would be to complete all 5 conquests to get 1 additional stash space per season. This way it provides an avenue to obtain 2 stash tabs per season, to help out those who haven't had the game as long. For as it stands seasons can last an average of ~3 months, so having a new person coming in, with the currant way of play, it would take them ~27 months (9 seasons) to obtain them all. Or by my suggestion it would take ~15 months (5 seasons) for all of them. The amount of time to complete for newer players would be reasonable, and gives all players just a little bit more of a challenge.

If this was implemented players having 0-4 additional stash tabs now, would all be able to reach the 9 additional stash tabs after a minimum of 5 seasons of play. If the 2 ways of getting the tabs could be linked, players with 3-4 tabs already would only need 3 seasons to reach the max of 9 additional tabs.

For example: If I have 3 extra tabs now, next season I'm able to get 1 tab for normal season journey, and 1 more for completing all 5 conquests. Bringing me up to 5 extra tabs. Next season I was not into it as much or life was more busy, and I only get the season journey tab but not the conquest one, it would bring me up to 6 extra tabs. 3rd season in I do both and my tabs reach 8 extra. Or for some reason you don't want to do the season journey one and only do the 5 conquests by themselves, you could get the bonus 1 for just that too.

First of all if they did use your suggestion I might not ever play seasons again. It is a pain in the rear doing conquests during seasons anyway. How many people really play seasons according to the conquests. Remember season journey is all suppose to be about doing things that you do normally while playing the game. Those conquests are not part of normal game play except for possibly the Avarice conquest. That one might be achievable without going out of your way to achieve it.

Also say you love stash space gated behind seasons when they start gating other QoL improvements to either this game or D4. I do believe that if we had to achieve Guardian to get QoL X that is something that is a really good feature. There would be even more players frustrated. Put enough features behind seasons like that in a new player coming into a game just because he seen a bunch of cool new features streamers using. Features that are not in any other game of the same genre. Then when he starts playing he realizes that he would have to play seasons for 3 years or more just to unlock all of the ones that he wants.

Playing a game mode that he doesn't like playing just to earn a QoL improvement. That would cause some to want their money back pronto.

Come on you know like the rest of us that the stashgate situation was all to pad the month average user numbers of this game. It wasn't for the reasons that Nev was told to tell us.
05/03/2019 09:25 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

Come on you know like the rest of us that the stashgate situation was all to pad the month average user numbers of this game. It wasn't for the reasons that Nev was told to tell us.

I can't help wondering if it's actually doing what they want. I know I play LESS because of stashgate.
05/03/2019 09:33 AMPosted by winkrometer
You have to start over at level 1 and get to 70. Massive waste of time. You have to earn special achievements to get a stash tab which means dedicating effort to doing exactly what's required to get that tab. Massive waste of time. You can't use your existing NS items to play high-level rifts and have to find enough quality gear to get to them all over again. Massive waste of time.
It's like clicking "New Game" instead of "New Game Plus" after you've beaten it the first time. Why in hell would you want to do that? The fun of D3 at this point it trying to get to ever-higher rift levels and rarer versions (e.g. primal) of my favorite items. Neither can be done efficiently in Seasons.

On the first day, L1-70 is about an hour for those who know what they are doing (for me it's like 3 hours and I'm a pretty casual player).

After the first few days of a season, L1-70 is 5-10 minutes. You create a character, go on the Season powerleveling community board and ask for a "plvl 1-70 pls" and get 3 or 4 offers - join a game, they run 2-3 rifts and you are L70 with a few paragon and they dump a bunch of legendaries on you.

No task for the stash tab involves any more than GR60 so you don't need optimized gear. They give you set pieces almost as soon as you reach L70, so getting to T10-13 is not much of an effort. 3 gems to L55 is probably the most grind-intensive task on the Conqueror list. Most everything else will happen along the way to getting those.
05/01/2019 07:16 PMPosted by Acheronus
Why oh why can't I like this post multiple times???
GG

Whilst struggling to grasp the arbitrariness of enjoying non-seasonal play but hating seasonal play, even though they're to all intents and purposes identical, I've come to the realisation that you're heroes. Each and every one of you. Absolutely. I need you. I'm not joking. For whatever arbitrary or 'technical' reasons, not everyone can have all the extra tabs. It is what it is. We just can't all have them. Which means players like me - and Blizzard - are counting on YOU to make the sacrifice of not getting more stash space. Without your continued efforts, the rest of us might not get the chance to earn the extra five tabs in seasons and then enjoy them in non-season. So please, stay strong. Don't give in or give up. Whatever the cost. No matter how quick and easy Blizz makes the seasonal journey. Don't get those extra tabs, whatever you do. You could potentially ruin it for me if you do, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that on your conscience.

In return, I promise to utter a silent prayer of thanks to you all every time I hoard yet another item I'll never use in my abundant stash.

Yours with genuine gratitude and admiration,
Spacecadet13

Good Job idiot! You get reported and an ignore for your constant trolling.
05/03/2019 09:53 PMPosted by winkrometer
05/03/2019 09:25 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

I can't help wondering if it's actually doing what they want. I know I play LESS because of stashgate.

I've stopped playing all together so as not to burn out before stashgate 2.0 starts.

I must say though, they're really adamant about next season being the season of nightmares aren't they?
Been Playing D3 since it first started. Then a couple months ago I seen someone mention Path of Diablo. Best decision was to try it out. It's D2 but so much better. Now that I have been playing it...I have no desire to play D3 anymore. They just rehash the same stuff all over with no new items. With no new items there is absolutely no reason to keep playing. So just like I did with Wow, I have to say good bye to a game I played for probably too long. Good luck and have fun.
Season play bores me. Yeah, yeah "it's all the same game" and its "new content" or rewards blah blah blah. I just never liked it, and I am sure some agree.

I've played 100's of hours of the game. Can you pretty please NOT break my big fat balls and not make a few stash tabs a seasonal reward?

I'm glad I only like playing wizard. My sympathies to anyone who enjoys more.
Give it a rest already!