PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 51 52 53 64 Next
05/09/2019 03:07 PMPosted by DiabloVern
Funny in a very creepy way, that was ^.

Glad someone shares my cynical sense of humor.

05/09/2019 03:21 PMPosted by Hamiltonz
Joke ideas are dangerous. Some idiot will take the joke seriously.

Point taken. Though some days I believe that if we can't have a great game then we can at least have a great laugh.

Edit: Replying On my alt account
04/26/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis
All players in a party sync on everything that every player has - in memory, all the time.

Would it be possible to create Player-only tabs, whose items are not synced to the party? Then only items in the Party Accessible tabs get loaded into other party members memory. Or not load Stash into party member's memory at all and only load what the character has on them?
The explanation from Blizzard stinks like last week's diapers. The sad thing is that they actually think they're putting one over and no one realizes it.

Diablo Immortal
Blizzcon Spyware App
Can't make more stash space available for "muh tech reasons" (except to China where it's purchasable)

This company and its products have jumped the shark... that jumped the shark.

Unbelievable.
We get nothing that we wanted, despite a two-month season 16 extension. Non-Season is finished.
05/10/2019 10:51 AMPosted by Curadh
04/26/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis
All players in a party sync on everything that every player has - in memory, all the time.

Would it be possible to create Player-only tabs, whose items are not synced to the party? Then only items in the Party Accessible tabs get loaded into other party members memory. Or not load Stash into party member's memory at all and only load what the character has on them?

Look I still say that line of client side issues is why stashgate exists with party members stash being loaded into your computer is a bunch of junk. It makes no sense for other players stash to be loaded into your computer. It should only load your stash. Also the personal inventory of the other players shouldn't matter either. I still say that the stashgate is there to boost monthly average user numbers just to make the suits happy.

If there is a bit of truth to that statement then it shows just how bad at coding that Blizz really is. It would make them worse than NCsoft when they coded City of Heroes where the powers had the sound, part of the body the power emits from, color, etc... all baked together. That made it impossible to give the players of that game the ability to customize their powers. It took many years for them to change it. Blizz being a top notch company makes that hard to believe.
I really highly hate doing Seasons for 'free' stash tab. With every aspect. Every season, i have to choose DH and do Marauder set dungeon which is easiest one that i can do. I haven't empty character tab that's why i have to forget one of my character till the season end. And guess what? Stupid seasons never end (at least 3-4 months for each. I complete all season journey with respectively 8-10 hours in 3-4 days only. And start to wait... Forever...)!

I also saw lovely Blizzard says Season 16 was the most popular season?! Most popular?? 'popularite'?? About seasons?? REALLY?? I admire your goodwill about Seasons...

I will always love Diablo series with all my heart, but I've just noticed that this series has ended with D2 unfortunately. So sad...
So is the max extra stash tabs now 5 or 9? The newest season blog made me wonder.
05/10/2019 01:36 PMPosted by Ruined
So is the max extra stash tabs now 5 or 9? The newest season blog made me wonder.

It's 5. If you already have the max stash tabs you only get 1 more stash tab for a total of 5.
I have over 15000 hours of D3 play time invested as of now . Tab pages should also rewarded to non season player that play without doing season's . Doing things like have 1 trillion in gold on hand , or for 15,000 hours of play. doing all the attachments ,reaching paragon level 6000 and other major accomplishments and so on.
More than a thousand posts for nothing. Only one more tab to be earned and not five (for a max total of 13 with DLC and season earnings).
05/10/2019 02:07 PMPosted by Jazz
More than a thousand posts for nothing. Only one more tab to be earned and not five (for a max total of 13 with DLC and season earnings).

Welcome to Stash-Gate!
So sad, more and more and more worse only one tab via season, very bad and very dissapointed to way Blizzard do things :(

I hope see a better future of blizzard where fix all this mess...
05/10/2019 01:42 PMPosted by CrowRezin
05/10/2019 01:36 PMPosted by Ruined

It's 5. If you already have the max stash tabs you only get 1 more stash tab for a total of 5.

This is correct. After PTR, we continued testing and tweaking and could not meet a satisfactory quality game experience with the initially planned number of additional tabs. As a result, we had to further reduce the amount being added.

We communicated too early before we were fully confident in the proposed change. In many cases, this is often why we're more quiet than proactive about potential future changes; we generally wait until we're past a high percentage of certainty because we don't want to have to backtrack if something happens and we can't deliver. This is a perfect example of that, and we got ahead of ourselves on this one out of our own excitement.

As I'm an eternal optimist and want to make the best of any situation, on the plus side, there were a lot of areas for improvement in regards to our communication pipelines that were highlighted by this situation. We're taking full advantage of those lessons to improve overall, so we can meet in a happy medium where we're communicating clearly, transparently, and confidently.
05/10/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Nevalistis
05/10/2019 01:42 PMPosted by CrowRezin

This is correct. After PTR, we continued testing and tweaking and could not meet a satisfactory quality game experience with the initially planned number of additional tabs. As a result, we had to further reduce the amount being added.

We communicated too early before we were fully confident in the proposed change. In many cases, this is often why we're more quiet than proactive about potential future changes; we generally wait until we're past a high percentage of certainty because we don't want to have to backtrack if something happens and we can't deliver. This is a perfect example of that, and we got ahead of ourselves on this one out of our own excitement.

As I'm an eternal optimist and want to make the best of any situation, on the plus side, there were a lot of areas for improvement in regards to our communication pipelines that were highlighted by this situation. We're taking full advantage of those lessons to improve overall, so we can meet in a happy medium where we're communicating clearly, transparently, and confidently.
I do not understand. How can people multibox where they have 4 game clients and 48 stash tabs on the same computer?
05/10/2019 03:51 PMPosted by MicroRNA

I do not understand. How can people multibox where they have 4 game clients and 48 stash tabs on the same computer?

Thank you for asking that. We all would like to know how that’s not addressed. Cut out multibox and maybe your servers won’t lag so we can actually get stash tabs.

I spent a fortnight on the PTR with 17 tabs, lots of it in groups (I boosted well over 150 players in a fortnight), and experienced absolutely no problems. The thread on the PTR Bug Report forum, where you asked for reports of people having problems, received zero responses.
05/10/2019 04:13 PMPosted by regawS
05/10/2019 03:51 PMPosted by MicroRNA

Thank you for asking that. We all would like to know how that’s not addressed. Cut out multibox and maybe your servers won’t lag so we can actually get stash tabs.

The stash is server side, so a multibox would still be 4 players on the server side, same as 4 seperate accounts. The lag isn't from the client, it's on server side.
I appreciate the additional stash tab. Thanks to the team for working on adding stash tabs.
05/10/2019 04:38 PMPosted by BMan
The stash is server side, so a multibox would still be 4 players on the server side, same as 4 seperate accounts. The lag isn't from the client, it's on server side.

I guess you missed Nev's post that told us all that the issue was with availability of client-side memory, i.e. nothing to do with the server.
05/10/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Meteorblade
The thread on the PTR Bug Report forum, where you asked for reports of people having problems, received zero responses.

We have to constantly plan for worse-case scenarios; i.e., even if the average number of stash tabs per person was under the max, we have to assume situations will occur where players may be impacted by being the one person with average in a group of people who are completely maxed out.

Think of every stash tab as actually (4) times the amount of actors, because every tab we make available to one person can theoretically be available to four. Each item slots can, in a worse-case scenario, be occupied by 2 actors (a ring with a gem or a chest with 3 gems). Each tab has (10) rows, (7) columns, resulting in 70 open slots or potentially 140 additionally loaded actors. With four players in the party, that's 560 additionally loaded actors, per stash tab.

This is an issue that very quickly becomes really bad exponentially.

The issues occur more obviously in the most extreme cases, and PTR is very limited in participation compared to live. For example, one situation we tested was four players with maximum tabs, every item slot filled, and every gem slot filled. There's a threshold below that where rubberbanding, lag, and (in the cases of consoles) game crashes were occurring.

That's not acceptable quality for us. We don't want players to log in, happen to be grouped with 3 dedicated players with a lot of gear saved up, and have their game suffer for it (or in the case of hardcore, have their character be at higher risk of death). We've pushed the limit as far as we comfortably can without risking that situation.