PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 52 53 54 65 Next
05/10/2019 04:38 PMPosted by BMan
The stash is server side, so a multibox would still be 4 players on the server side, same as 4 seperate accounts. The lag isn't from the client, it's on server side

04/26/2019 02:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis
You are making the assumption that this is a limitation to server RAM. This is, in no small part, due to the amount of RAM it taxes on the client side. That's something we don't really have control over.

What a RAMmy situation! Funny that there wasn't a player that complained about this RAM business in the PTR, especially when there were Testers specifically testing for it.
[quote="207702377560"]

The issues occur more obviously in the most extreme cases, and PTR is very limited in participation compared to live. For example, one situation we tested was four players with maximum tabs, every item slot filled, and every gem slot filled. There's a threshold below that where rubberbanding, lag, and (in the cases of consoles) game crashes were occurring.

It's long been suggested to make an out of game storage, like we had in the old auction house. This would remove any in game impact.
Nev,

You claim that the issue is client side in an earlier post. Again, I do not understand. How can 1 computer with 4 game clients running concurrently with 48 stash tabs combined not create problems but 17 stash tabs on a single computer will? The math makes no sense.

If the problem is really with the stash tabs, the simple solution is more character slots and no additional stash tabs. I assume that the game client does not load into the game all your characters but simply the one that you are currently playing. Problem solved.

Best wishes.
05/10/2019 04:57 PMPosted by MicroRNA
You claim that the issue is client side in an earlier post.

To clarify - the issue isn't exclusively client side. It's a combination. The issue is exacerbated on console because offline mode means there's a higher reliance on client-side resources.
05/10/2019 05:03 PMPosted by Nevalistis

To clarify - the issue isn't exclusively client side. It's a combination. The issue is exacerbated on console because offline mode means there's a higher reliance on client-side resources.

No one is buying what you're selling..flip flopping on reasoning for the bait and switch. It's all about the MAU... nothing more... nothing less.
But Console and PC don't need to have the same amount of stash tabs?

But something else. What Ideas of class/skill fantasies from the community did the devs and you like the most? Which fantasies you want to work on? :)
05/10/2019 05:08 PMPosted by Gegeforce
Which fantasies you want to work on? :)

Being open and transparent ... obviously.

For PC (or for that matter consoles), why not consider extra character slots? I assume that only the in game character is loaded into the game and not all an account's characters.

Nev,

You claim that the issue is client side in an earlier post. Again, I do not understand. How can 1 computer with 4 game clients running concurrently with 48 stash tabs combined not create problems but 17 stash tabs on a single computer will? The math makes no sense.

If the problem is really with the stash tabs, the simple solution is more character slots and no additional stash tabs. I assume that the game client does not load into the game all your characters but simply the one that you are currently playing. Problem solved.

Best wishes.
#notanotherdollaronactiblizzip
05/10/2019 04:57 PMPosted by EternalOne
It's long been suggested to make an out of game storage, like we had in the old auction house. This would remove any in game impact.

I have suggested this a few times in the past, with that additional 50 storage slots and a slick way you can view and transfer items between your Mules would be a win win situation, but no, that suggestion has always fallen on deaf ears and now they are complaining about computer RAM because of item storage! Shish!
Take a look at restoring that part of AH program and save the RAM crap for something else.
04/26/2019 02:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis
You are making the assumption that this is a limitation to server RAM. This is, in no small part, due to the amount of RAM it taxes on the client side. That's something we don't really have control over.
To clarify - the issue isn't exclusively client side. It's a combination.

Initially...
Five extra stash tabs for in-game gold!

Clarification...
Five extra stash tabs for five seasonal Conqueror

Further clarification...
One extra stash tab for seasonal Conqueror

Initially...
It's a client side issue.

Clarification...
It's not just a client side issue.

Please stop calling these complete changes clarifications.
Clarification... someone is lying to the community.

Nev, while ya here. How come China have more stash tabs? Do they have better RAM?

Just looking for "Clarification".

Blizzcon is sold out, why are you even here?
How many stash tabs does China have? I tried to read the Google translation and was having issues. Has any fluent Chinese answered this question?
Why is everyone hating on Nev, sorry, but you guys are overstepping in a massively uneducated fashion.

I think you should stop deflecting.
Separate question: why did you guys throw non-seasonal so totally under the bus? Almost no new content.
05/10/2019 06:09 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Why is everyone hating on Nev, sorry, but you guys are overstepping in a massively uneducated fashion.

I think you should stop deflecting.

Everyone???

Can you explain to me any comment that I made that was hating or uneducated? What are we precisely deflecting?

I think my comments were reasonably respectful. I posted a counterpoint and even provided a solution to get around the stash "problem" (i.e. adding character slots).
05/10/2019 05:52 PMPosted by MicroRNA
How many stash tabs does China have? I tried to read the Google translation and was having issues. Has any fluent Chinese answered this question?

I want the answer of that, 20 tabs in China with money no problems, maybe the problem are money, money purchased genérate better RAM and superior tech?

And what about the discrepancy with the ability to buy stash tabs given to players in China? Several folks have asked about this - it would help to have a clarifying answer, especially because it sounds like it undermines this argument in terms of there being a server and/or client issue. And how much of this is predicated on the belief that X% of the players won't (or can't) earn the currently extant tabs? That scenario, too, seems to suggest there is something about this whole thing that doesn't add up - you're offering something gated that, if everyone took advantage of it, would lead to the issues you are claiming exist - there has to be a basically finite number that are feasible based on what you are saying, and thus any attempt to expand that seems suspect because it runs counter to the baseline reasoning we are being fed about it.
Bring back the AH but not for trading but for storage. I can then store my items in the "AH" and retrieve them as necessary. I assume this wouldn't cause any issues because the AH worked fine back in the day with tons of items on it. It was also nice to view all the gear on my character and character stash from one easy UI.