PTR Patch Notes Updated 9 April - Stash Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 65 Next
04/09/2019 01:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9

i think I'll pass. I was so glad to only have just one more stash tab to earn this next season, having become burnt out on seasons, but I'm not about to spend another year and a half of my life on earning six more stash tabs. Now I don't know if I'll even bother with earning that (old) fourth tab next season.

This is a total rip-off. There are far better things I could be doing than repeat the same season journey another six more times. They gave us all that Armory space for free, but it was totally useless to me since I don't even use the Armory. It's this kind of arbitrary time-gating to force people to stay on the hamster wheel rather than play how they wanted to that made me quit WoW after several years of it.
04/09/2019 02:30 PMPosted by TheTias
Fun fact: The first post I made at the top of this page (page 2) in this thread was the first time I've actually had to stop myself from flat out typing out obscenities in my post. Like real, actual cuss word obscenities. I was that happy and then that angry.

I don't normally say profanity out loud or post it online, but I was sorely tempted to use some in my earlier response on this thread, too. This is just a scumbag move on the part of the devs after letting everyone purchase them with gold on the PTR. That was the only part of the new patch I really cared about.
04/10/2019 08:29 AMPosted by Perusoe
I'm still hoping you'll help us get through to Blizzard

I have done what I can to express that this is not a good move and not well communicated. Both by talking directly to them and by posting on the forums. I can't make them do what I think is best for the Community though. I don't work there and I am certainly NOT their boss!

What would I have done?

1. If I knew the stash tabs on PC would be gated, I would have had it in the patch notes from the beginning.

2. If PTR testing revealed game issues due to the extra stash space that caused a change in how they roll out stash tabs - communicate that. People will still be disappointed, but being honest with players is much better than just updating the patch notes when nobody is looking. That felt bad.

3. Be open to compromise. Depending on why this decision was made, maybe give us 2 tabs for gold and the other 3 with Seasons? That would limit tech issues I would hope and slow the tab acquisition to give them time to fix things (if there are actually things wrong).

04/10/2019 08:29 AMPosted by Perusoe
I've already created the new table for us to use. ;-) (hehe)

I do appreciate that :) It certainly helps when we have to explain stash tab limits to new players.
Thank you for all of your efforts on this and in the past MissC. You truly are an MVP.
In a format that is just one big hack fest that being console play why even charge gold at this point? Seems really stupid. Why not just give them to them ? I do not play on console so beyond being a stupid requirement I do not really care .

But to again try to force the dwindling player base to play seasons is beyond moronic .One would think that they would basically do any thing to get more actual players and not just bots which they seem to honestly care little about ,but instead chose to punish the people that are actually playing the game albeit in non season.
If the idea behind this is to push me towards seasons, I'm only going to dig my heels in and refuse to do it. The reason I stopped playing D3 is because of the small stash space, but this would have brought me back.

You're not that good Blizzard, and nor is D3. There's too much competition, and too many great games all vying for my attention for you to be getting precious over stash space.

Its not 2006 anymore. You wouldn't be missed. Try to bear that in mind.
@MissCheetah, can't thank you enough for your efforts on this one - really, really appreciate it.

Do you think they will actually communicate with us on this? Given the response from us, I hope they will, even if it's not something we may agree with.

Then again...this IS Blizzard we're talking about.
[quote="207699577809"]In a format that is just one big hack fest that being console play why even charge gold at this point? Seems really stupid. Why not just give them to them ? I do not play on console so beyond being a stupid requirement I do not really care .

/quote]

I think it is part of the game design. Just about anything that is given even as part of an edition or expansion has to be 'opened' some how. Stuff that shows in your mail and has to be opened etc. The amount of gold to buy tabs is trivial unless you are just starting a new toon. But you'd have them all paid for in a matter of hours in a season.
04/10/2019 10:02 AMPosted by BrownieMix
@MissCheetah, can't thank you enough for your efforts on this one - really, really appreciate it.

Do you think they will actually communicate with us on this? Given the response from us, I hope they will, even if it's not something we may agree with.

Then again...this IS Blizzard we're talking about.

I have no idea. My thoughts

-This is a topic that is actually under the control of the Diablo team and they CAN talk about it if they want to. There is a long history of Blizz explaining game changes and the reasons for them, esp when players have a lot of questions. Unlike the Blizzcon PR mess for DIE - that is at the higher mgt level and our team could not craft and release a statement about that.

-On the bad side, if there are Technical limitations, Blizz has a spotty record of revealing those to players. This is not something the Community Mgt team gets to decide. They are told what they are allowed to reveal. I have plenty of things I know Tech details for in WoW, but I am not allowed to discuss it nor are the CMs. Stuff that, to me, would be logical to be transparent to players about. This may end up being one of those times they don't share the details.

So yeah, I have no idea if they will chime in or not.
This may have already been suggested but a good compromise might be to make the previous 4 stash tabs available for purchase with gold if not earned in season (so if 3 earned, only 1 available for purchase, etc) and then from this point forward:
Each era, 1 stash tab will be made available for purchase with in game gold.
Each season, completing gaurdian will unlock a stash tab. (No more limit to how many seasons this can be done in.)
And since console is its own beast. Each season, 50 additional slots will be available for purchase.

This gives us a little more space to start off with plus creates a limitless gate of 1 tab behind a season to keep numbers up.
Is this a joke? They expect us to play another 15+ months of a game that is in maintenance mode in order to get a quality of life change that should have been implemented 4 years ago? Who is in charge at Blizzard? If I didn't know better, I would say that they are across the board purposefully trying to sink their own ship there. They've driven me away from WoW after 14 years, and now they're making me reconsider D3. Just stop it with this garbage.
Oh FFS Blizzard...just when I thought I was finally free of having to force myself to do those stupid objectives.

I'm really...sincerely, HONESTLY hoping that they are not serious about making the stash tabs unlocked this way again.

Seriously though, when did "Play your way" become "play exactly how we prescribe to you for reasons?" Can I please just enjoy the season without having to do the arbitrary goals you shove down my throat?

And of course, because this is Blizzard, no amount of feedback is going to make them change on this issue. We're in the DImmortal mindset now.

smgdh
04/10/2019 10:49 AMPosted by Brogoth

And of course, because this is Blizzard, no amount of feedback is going to make them change on this issue. We're in the DImmortal mindset now.

smgdh

Thats the problem here. This forum isn't for collecting feedback from the community (even though thats how it appears on the surface).

The ONLY purpose of this forum is a place for us to interact with one another. Blizzard has provided a place for their community to hang out and help one another, but this is not a hotline to the devs. We're all essentially agreeing with each other that this stash situation sucks. Its an echo chamber sometimes, a place to vent at other times. But Blizzard doesn't really care what goes on here at all. Let nobody be under any illusion its something more.

We know this because Nevalistis posts nonsense about Blizzard 'hearing us' and we're just left hanging. No feedback, nothing. Just a bunch of empty words. And nothing at all changes. Just like the lies from politicians, Blizzard tries to say the right things at the right time in order to look good and win you over, but when it comes to the crunch and action is required... big fat N O T H I N G.

This is a complete waste of time.
Horrible behaviour, Blizzard. Horrible. I guess, nothing is new.

But logged in just to applaud on bravery of MissCheetah.
Yes, she's not a Blizzard employee, nor this is a shameful Munich Agreement.
But if people have more courage to express their honest opinion and simply say "no" from time to time, the World today would be a much more better place to live.
04/09/2019 01:14 PMPosted by Oblivion
Yikes...

Having to go through a year or two of season (give or take) just to unlock all those stash tabs would really bite.

hiding the stashtabs behind a wall of obligated seasons was and stays one of the worst moves of the 'tactical carrot team' ever.

they do not want to give those gamecore crucial stash tabs.
they want to force you to play seasons.

and the debunking line 'grab the stash tab and jump back out' is offending.
Another example of poor (shameful) communication. At the very least, make it retroactive - it is easy enough to see who completed the requirements in past seasons beyond the existing limit.
I hope they devote some resources to having a functional leadership team for the eventual Diablo 4 release. If Im someone up in the ranks on this current D3 Dev team, Id be flat out humiliated.

Most people understand that this game has mostly run its course, but this is on another level of stupid.
Posted by MissCheetah
I have done what I can to express that this is not a good move and not well communicated. Both by talking directly to them and by posting on the forums.
Thank you! ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )

Posted by MissCheetah
I can't make them do what I think is best for the Community though. I don't work there and I am certainly NOT their boss!
We, or most of us, understand that. And we really appreciate all you do for us! <3

04/10/2019 09:24 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I do appreciate that :) It certainly helps when we have to explain stash tab limits to new players.
I've edited my previous table and this new one to be a little more quote-friendly. (You won't get the double-lined border wordwrap anymore). :-D
Is this an out-of-season April's Fool joke?
DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES?
I have a phone. It's Nokia 3310.