Easy way to make LoN fun for all in s17.

General Discussion
BCs you can now use both ring slots in LON builds, its already doubled. ;)
It has been suggested before, but I think the LoN buff should also apply to non-ancient legendary items with lower bonus numbers (not sure, ~100-200%). It will make the use of early looted items, but won't change the game balance further in season since you still want to get ancients. It's a good alternative to Haedrig's Gift set items. May be small 10% bonus buff (such as 800% instead 750%) for primal legendaries is a good idea too, to make primals more rewarding rather than just perfect stats...
They should remove ALL set items from loot tables for Season 17. This would make it easier to create LON builds.
04/18/2019 04:18 PMPosted by SuperHellus
They should remove ALL set items from loot tables for Season 17. This would make it easier to create LON builds.

Would make the set dungeons a bit of a headache....
This is a perfect example of how screwed D3 is.

So many casuals whining and Blizzard actually listen to these retards.

Bring the game to what it was like D3 Vanilla!
04/14/2019 09:43 PMPosted by Slamboney
Don't be stupid. Both of you.

No u.
04/15/2019 04:15 AMPosted by Titant
LoN Buff:

750% per Ancient
1000% per Primal

that's all!

Or 750% per legendary so I can jump right into trying LoN builds instead of farming an ancient copy of what I already have.
04/19/2019 07:29 AMPosted by fathom
This is a perfect example of how screwed D3 is.

So many casuals whining and Blizzard actually listen to these retards.

That's what you get for listening to echo chambers. Developers panicked and listened to highest outcrying community out there. Unsurprisingly it was reddit and facebook.

04/19/2019 07:29 AMPosted by fathom
Bring the game to what it was like D3 Vanilla!

Assuming you're not sarcastic, I agree, I miss D3 vanilla too.

04/19/2019 11:08 PMPosted by Zeemag
Or 750% per legendary so I can jump right into trying LoN builds instead of farming an ancient copy of what I already have.

Do that and enjoy your first hour leaderboard wrecking Necros and 130 group clear Wizards.
That's because currently Lon is underpowered and sucks.

Look at the PTR seasonal leaderboards...
    Rank 6, solo Barbarian, LoN HotA, GR103 in 13:06
    Rank 1, solo Crusader, LoN Blessed Shield, GR128 in 14:19.
    Rank 1, solo Monk, LoN Wave of Light, GR112 in 13:47
    Rank 1, solo Necromancer, LoN Skeletal Mages, GR117 in 11:36
    Rank 1, solo Witch Doctor, LoN Spirit Barrage, GR112 in 14:06

If LoN is underpowered, why is it the preferred choice of so many rank one clearances?
^^ Yeah, I looked. Those are very specific niche builds. Sure. If everyone wants to play those 5 or 6 builds and their tiny variations, more power to them. But are you seriously trying to convince anyone that is what LoN is all about?

And compare those clears to the nonSeasonal nonPTR board. Do you think those builds, even with their 5 or 6 Primals apiece, will hold up to that?

LoN is going to need some love before it's anyone's preferred choice. In the meantime it's going to remain an eclectic "fun" build.
04/14/2019 10:40 PMPosted by WCLee
Just a reminder, LoN builds can have 2 more (Ring) Legendary Powers in S17 :-)
Lest we not forget. Take away whatever rings are specific to those classes that hold high places during Season 17, and they will be crushed back into the ground during nonSeasonal play.
That's because currently Lon is underpowered and sucks.
04/20/2019 02:05 AMPosted by Slamboney
But are you seriously trying to convince anyone that is what LoN is all about?

I was seriously trying to convince you that LoN is not underpowered and does not suck. Apparently LoN being used for rank one leaderboard clearances wasn't sufficient to convince you so I have no idea what would.

On EU live, right now, there are around 100 players that have completed non-seasonal GR150 4-man clearances, with the fastest being 7 minutes 37 seconds. They use a LoN Star Pact wizard in those clearances. Some use a LoN Thorns Necromancer as their RGK.

Speaking of Thorns, do you remember just a couple of days ago you told everyone that you felt that Thorns was bad too? The fact that the top of the live non-seasonal Crusader leaderboards is full of Invokers would probably upset you.

When facts and evidence come into conflict with how you feel, you're supposed to change how you feel, not dismiss the facts and evidence. It's becoming comical.
Just because some builds are niche doesn't invalidate the big point. LoN is neither underpowered nor does it suck.

Just like all builds based on class sets, LoN builds require very specific items with very specific affixes to complement very specific skills. Slapping something random together doesn't work nor should it. Everything need to synergize each other.
04/14/2019 09:23 PMPosted by Pokemon
Why stop at Lon.
04/14/2019 09:38 PMPosted by SteLitY
fts. why stop there?
Don't be stupid. Both of you.

Look at the seasonal leaderboard. How many Lon builds you see there? Not many? That's because currently Lon is underpowered and sucks. I think doubling the damage bonus is a good first step, but the players who suggest this don't think about the other half of the equation, which is damage mitigation.

I know why the devs picked 4% per item damage mitigation; because then all 13 items will provide 52% damage mitigation. But even with lots of sheet toughness, life, and resistances, I couldn't seem to take a hit even at T15. So I think the damage mitigation should be increased to 6% per item.

You mean EVERY Bazooka wizard isn't an LoN build?

You mean that almost EVERY solo necro up there isn't an LoN build?

52% is slightly above average for overall damage reduction from sets (A few sets have NO damage reduction mind ya). The issue is with a number of classes, LoN removes 2 ring slots, and a LOT of damage reduction is tied in to that for most classes.

Finally, several classes (Monks, DHs) have a "neutral" set that works with almost any skill (Nats and Inna's), so instead of going LoN for those classes, better to just work with those sets.

LoN is pretty much just good for..

Wizard (Tal'Rasha both lacks damage reduction, has a large number of supporting legendaries, and has slightly less maximum damage then LoN)
Crusader (Akkhan's is just pathetic these days)
Barbarian (Only in specific builds, as IKC is still good)
Necro (Their neutral spec isn't as strong as LoN)
WD (They don't really have a neutral spec)

Monks and DHs don't benefit much from LoN.
Tal-Rasha lacks damage reduction? Builds using it are tanky as hell.
04/20/2019 03:02 AMPosted by Meteorblade
When facts and evidence come into conflict with how you feel, you're supposed to change how you feel, not dismiss the facts and evidence. It's becoming comical.

I think he's here just to troll but it's not even funny. I can not see any sense of sarcasm, it's just dry. LoN has unwritten rules to build a proper setup, if you can not adapt, you may as well give up. If you think LoN is weak on DH; exactly right, but giving an overall statement by only looking at one class is naive when you peek at leaderboards; a more general scene.

I mean... What? Am I supposed to laugh at it or just praise your idea about it by ignoring facts? May be I lost my sense of humor but there's nothing funny about playing the "rebel without a clue" either.

04/20/2019 02:05 AMPosted by Slamboney
Those are very specific niche builds.

Those LoN builds hitting up leaderboards are pretty much mainstream, well-known and widespread. Check leaderboards before calling something niche.
Stop it with the "easy fix"
Stop it with the "easy fix".

It's not that hard to do any job when you're doing it. Diablo team is one person working part time, with no time to even read our feedback, we're only having a conversation between ourselves.
The magnitude of LoN isn't really the underlying issue with the vast majority of LoN-based builds. That has more to do with the way skills themselves are tuned against each other, and the way they happen to work. There simply are mechanics that are far better than others, and no amount of artificial padding will change that.