Congrat, again.

General Discussion
04/22/2019 12:25 PMPosted by Precious
I saw the season 17 patch notes more than one month ago and i was thinking to come back, but after checking the forums and i saw that stash slots will be put behind seasons, congrats blizzard, i'm done, done for good.
As a non seasonal player thanks a lot for gating cosmetics behind seasons, and now for gating something that is urgently needed behind that also, thanks a lot, this was the first and the last time i buy something from blizzard

When I was a new player to this game stash tabs were already behind season to get that never change. It was like this since day one. Oh, the horror of grinding of a game that specialize in grinding to get stuff through time investment. It's not like any other game does this too in a different way that blizzard is doing it. It's a known fact anytime a human play a game that human is putting in time investment in already. Don't like the long grind then don't play this game. Pick a game that is suit for you and your needs.

There's worse games out there that has a tighter grip on it then Diablo series ever done.
04/22/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Zetla
lol cya

Is that you Bob?
This topic has come up quite a few times since the announcement. I honestly believe that this decision is based 100% on the server load extra stash space causes. This is why they can release everything immediately on console.

I think they plan on monitoring how many players are acquiring the stash tabs during each season and making server adjustments as needed to save money. I expect they're projecting fewer players each season.

The only reason they would test stash space on the PTR is to check server load.
04/24/2019 12:53 PMPosted by Dreyda
This topic has come up quite a few times since the announcement. I honestly believe that this decision is based 100% on the server load extra stash space causes. This is why they can release everything immediately on console.

I think they plan on monitoring how many players are acquiring the stash tabs during each season and making server adjustments as needed to save money. I expect they're projecting fewer players each season.

Oh, you people are so naive and so gullible, i had my fair share of scripting, game-server related.

Trust me, those extra stash tabs would probably cost blizzard about 1$ per month, so that is bull, i also heard some deluded people claiming that the extra stash would cause the game to crash, or make it run slower, and what not, which again, are just bull.

I don't know how people can believe this, it is all so bull, that you have to literally be at the pinnacle of cretinism to believe such statements.

The truth why stash tabs are gated behind seasons is because they need to add rewards for completing seasons, and they don't have what, because they are too greedy to spare a graphic designer for a week every 3 months, to create a transmog, like a pair of wings, that is not just a 5 minute retexture.
04/30/2019 04:17 PMPosted by Precious

Oh, you people are so naive and so gullible, i had my fair share of scripting, game-server related.

Trust me, those extra stash tabs would probably cost blizzard about 1$ per month, so that is bull, i also heard some deluded people claiming that the extra stash would cause the game to crash, or make it run slower, and what not, which again, are just bull.

I don't know how people can believe this, it is all so bull, that you have to literally be at the pinnacle of cretinism to believe such statements.

The truth why stash tabs are gated behind seasons is because they need to add rewards for completing seasons, and they don't have what, because they are too greedy to spare a graphic designer for a week every 3 months, to create a transmog, like a pair of wings, that is not just a 5 minute retexture.

Exactly!
"Nuke Activision Blizzard from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
I saw the season 17 patch notes more than one month ago and i was thinking to come back, but after checking the forums and i saw that stash slots will be put behind seasons, congrats blizzard, i'm done, done for good.
As a non seasonal player thanks a lot for gating cosmetics behind seasons, and now for gating something that is urgently needed behind that also, thanks a lot, this was the first and the last time i buy something from blizzard

Yea, me too most likely.
I got suspended once from the forums just for stating the truth. Stash tabs are needed for none seasonal players more than seasonal... makes no sense to be the other way around they're so ........... excuse the exact word: Retarded. You need a special type of !@#$ed up to come up with this lackluster of logic decision.

Eat %^-*, blizz.
04/23/2019 10:36 PMPosted by Wise

When I was a new player to this game stash tabs were already behind season to get that never change. It was like this since day one. Oh, the horror of grinding of a game that specialize in grinding to get stuff through time investment. It's not like any other game does this too in a different way that blizzard is doing it. It's a known fact anytime a human play a game that human is putting in time investment in already. Don't like the long grind then don't play this game. Pick a game that is suit for you and your needs.

There's worse games out there that has a tighter grip on it then Diablo series ever done.

troll comment or stated from a position where your ignorance makes you noise and your opinion is to be overlooked. Also: "suited to your needs"? Its a game you numbnut. "To your liking/preferences". Are you defending Activision because they're a good company or because you're an ignorant prick? Rhetorical.
04/30/2019 04:33 PMPosted by Tetra
"Nuke Activision Blizzard from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"

Yes, but unlike the terraforming facility on LV426, there's no significant dollar value attached so Corporal Hicks can go right ahead.
04/30/2019 04:17 PMPosted by Precious

I work in accounting, specifically cost accounting, so the reason I know how much these things cost is because it, quite literally, is my job. Maintaining private server data requires more than just paying the electric bill or paying someone to write the script.
thanks a lot for gating cosmetics behind seasons
Weeeelll it's actually also now gated behind the most infuriating part of the game and also lengthy achievements, from what I hear...

In any case, the leveling part I actually find to be the most entertaining. Between power-ups, my nonladder (asian server) characters could expect an upgrade once every *f*ing never*. A leveling character finds an upgrade every minute or so. On the trek to GR70, you find one every hour or so. It's quite fun!

Also, everything that you find during ladder transfers over, which means you get to keep everything great that you find. Since there's very little difference between level 1 and the ability to take out GR70, there's not much loss in efficiency. You get a free set and you have the cube for everything else.

What server load?

Why can other games that don't have a billion dollars lying around offer a crap ton more storage space for free?

I have not heard a single valid argument as to why their servers cannot "handle the load" and other smaller indie companies can. I understand the volume of players, but I also understand the billions Activision has at their disposal. The way data storage is handled now, tells us that it's not server load for the reason they gate stash.

They want to continue to gate stash space behind content that people would not play otherwise. Have to prove to the suits that Set Dungeons weren't a waste of time and resources after all.
stash slots will be put behind seasons
Sad to hear this. I played seasons ONLY for the stash tab and perhaps some cosmetics. I don't care about the leaderboards and I never will. I don't care for seasons. Gating Stash tabs again behind a terrible feature, only reignites the rage players had the first time Blizz did it.

Gating something this important only means Blizz is desperate for players to keep playing. It's cheap, stop it.

It really does look like Blizz wants to expedite the death of this game.
"I work in accounting, specifically cost accounting, so the reason I know how much these things cost is because it, quite literally, is my job. Maintaining private server data requires more than just paying the electric bill or paying someone to write the script."

Well, i used to have couple game-servers, i used to script and pay the bills, and as i said, it will probably cost blizzard 1$ more per month for the data storage required for 5 more stash tabs.

Also, there is no need to pay someone to write the script, all it takes is a one minute edit.
Just to add on to what I said earlier.

If this is really how they want to play it, why should we care? Is there even a future for this game where getting more space matters? I have not seen a new item for years. If they did make a new items, it was like 2-3 minor ones. (I'm sure I'll be corrected).

A new expansion that is as big as the original game release will warrant more stash tabs, for us to even bother playing.

D4? Doubtful. Perhaps in 2022 we will see it. Since the hype train has not shown it's face, we can't really speculate a date for D4.
I sorta think they meant to give them all away at first. Then changed there mind to make it a earned thing for seasons. Then came up with unbelievable excuses, which is why blizz never revels much. Always keeps that option open to change there minds at the last moment without a whole lot of grief from players. Oh well only takes 1-2 days to complete the whole seasons to get I guess.