I like druid+assassin class

General Discussion
Druid and assassin why not add them in come on.
Why not make a good new Diablo game since we haven't had one since D2 LoD?
03/21/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Majredeyes
Druid and assassin

and Amazon :D
How about an extra $15 per new hero and they make all three in separate releases? Why does anybody even play this game, there's no loot hunt in this game? There's nothing interesting to do except play by yourself.
Large portions of the assassin have already been rolled into the DH. It wouldn't be really practical to add the assassin.

It's the same deal with the amazon. Large parts are already rolled into the DH. Additionally lorewise it wouldn't work with the gameplay because playable characters are supposed to work with both genders yet amazon warriors are all women.

Druid is the only class which theoretically could still be added.

https://youtu.be/YhqWaqL2N7A?t=912

Most you can get from this wreck; they have plans to add Druid and Assassiner to Diablo Immortal and they have no plans on PC, they said on the first mouth. It's all over google if you care for a search. I think no plans for PC includes D3 as well, game is 7 years old.
03/21/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Kirottu
Large portions of the assassin have already been rolled into the DH. It wouldn't be really practical to add the assassin.

It's the same deal with the amazon. Large parts are already rolled into the DH. Additionally lorewise it wouldn't work with the gameplay because playable characters are supposed to work with both genders yet amazon warriors are all women.

Druid is the only class which theoretically could still be added.

Ya but Assassins are awesome and DH is meh.

Why not make multiplayer an actual thing in D3 and revamp itemization, trading, and public game/trading system more akin to D2 LoD? And also add Assassins and Druids, I would pay a decent amount of money for this if I knew that these things were going to be done.
03/21/2019 11:24 AMPosted by Strolln

If you find Demon Hunters to be "meh", then I'm pretty sure Assassins wouldn't do much better especially in the game's current state. If they added an Assassin's class, there'd hardly be any resemblance to the Diablo 2 version, since parts of the assassin's characteristics were already used for the Demon Hunter, as stated already. The Druid is the only character from Diablo 2 that could possibly be added while still retaining an ample amount of it's characteristics.

Why not make multiplayer an actual thing in D3 and revamp itemization, trading, and public game/trading system more akin to D2 LoD? And also add Assassins and Druids, I would pay a decent amount of money for this if I knew that these things were going to be done.

Multiplayer is already a thing. Heck it's far more advantageous solo play.
03/21/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Kirottu

I would not underestimate the creativity of developers :)

I'd like to see an assassin with a new personal weapon - whip like Fury's from Darksiders 3 (Barbs of Scorn) :D
[quote]

If you find Demon Hunters to be "meh", then I'm pretty sure Assassins wouldn't do much better especially in the game's current state. If they added an Assassin's class, there'd hardly be any resemblance to the Diablo 2 version, since parts of the assassin's characteristics were already used for the Demon Hunter, as stated already. The Druid is the only character from Diablo 2 that could possibly be added while still retaining an ample amount of it's characteristics.

I disagree, the demon hunter doesn't have claws, sentry turrets or kicks. Staples of most sin builds. I mean, sins you could dragon flight in then dragon talon with a lot of damage, crushing blow, or proc a curse, etc. then blow em up with your sentrys. DH play is not like that at all.
03/21/2019 12:41 PMPosted by Strolln
I disagree, the demon hunter doesn't have claws, sentry turrets or kicks. Staples of most sin builds. I mean, sins you could dragon flight in then dragon talon with a lot of damage, crushing blow, or proc a curse, etc. then blow em up with your sentrys. DH play is not like that at all.

Demon Hunters have sentries, while they are not effectively automated as they once were, they still exist for the Demon Hunters. That leaves only some of the assassin's martial prowess and shadow skills to incorporate.
They won't do assassin again, their kit is too similar to monk and DH.. Druid would be coo tho.
03/21/2019 12:41 PMPosted by Strolln
If they added an Assassin's class, there'd hardly be any resemblance to the Diablo 2 version, since parts of the assassin's characteristics were already used for the Demon Hunter, as stated already.

03/21/2019 12:51 PMPosted by nibz
They won't do assassin again, their kit is too similar to monk and DH

While it's true please check the video I linked above... which I'll toss it here with time:
https://youtu.be/YhqWaqL2N7A?t=912

Developers at least "tried" their best to mesmerize the crowd with -empty- promises of Assassiner and Druid in Diablo: Immortal as additional classes along the way. That means it's not really too much of a far-fetched option for D3 back then, when you consider they also have both Monk and Demon Hunter classes in Diablo: Immortal already.

That's not really an excuse to not include those classes in D3 if you can blurt out these kinda promises for some mobile game nobody asked for. Just they have no interest in D3 and perhaps lazy until you show'em the money.
Watching it again makes it more cringy, when you think D3 fans literally begged for new content to them for years up until now.
Developers at least "tried" their best to mesmerize the crowd with -empty- promises of Assassiner and Druid in Diablo: Immortal. That means it's not really too much of a far-fetched option they also have Monk and Demon Hunter classes in Diablo Immortal already. That's not really an excuse to not include those classes in D3 if you can blurt out these kinda promises for some mobile game. Just they have no interest in D3 and perhaps lazy until you show'em the money.

Oh, I'm not saying that Blizzard won't add the assassin to Diablo 3 (or even Diablo immortal...) due to similarities with other classes such as the Demon Hunter. I'm saying that if they did add the assassin, it more than likely wouldn't play remotely like the assassin in Diablo 2 due to the Demon Hunter already having a bulk of it's capabilities.
03/21/2019 01:27 PMPosted by Oblivion
it more than likely wouldn't play remotely like the assassin in Diablo 2 due to the Demon Hunter already having a bulk of it's capabilities.

They can do whatever they want I believe. That's why they're called "Developers" and we're sitting here discussing what they can or should do. I doubt they care about similar skills when they can simply change damage numbers or add a visual effect. You'll see many skills in D3 working in a very similar manner if you look close enough anyway.

They added Necro in a DLC, it played really close to D2-counterpart and it wasn't exact copy of Witch Doctor like Jay Wilson implied. They simply make up lore bits of information (war events, side characters) by using inside jokes and real life names, you're questioning where they have their limits as a team of developers.
03/21/2019 01:29 PMPosted by naksiloth
They can do whatever they want I believe. That's why they're called "Developers" and we're sitting here discussing what they can or should do. I doubt they care about similar skills when they can simply change damage numbers or add a visual effect. You'll see many skills in D3 working in a very similar manner if you look close enough anyway.

Of course they can, don't believe I said anything that would've condone them for doing as they please (unless it was at the expense of something, which is topic for another time). Also while the D3 Necromancer retained some fan favorite skills, it's overall gameplay isn't that similar to it's Diablo 2 counterpart.

That would require actiblizz allowing money to be invested into this red hair orphan of a game. They'd much rather beat it with the paddle and forget it exists while praising the sure success of their next MTX laden project.
They should have added the Druid, Sin, and Zon a long time ago. The DH feels nothing like an Amazon and doesn’t have the java aspect. Call the Zon something else if you need to change the name to suit two genders.