Do you have any faith left?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
04/02/2019 01:01 AMPosted by Vukotlak
You know what you´re problem is. You see a new char lv 1 with no gear. And then there is the lv 70 char with the best gear possible. And you think you need to get to the lv 70 with best gear in just a few steps.

You do realize that back then in order to have the best items you had to play the AH instead of playing the game. Now show me where I said that I did a lot of flipping and only played the AH. The only thing that I sold on it were regular gems that sold well and moved pretty fast for me. That allowed me to buy budget gear that wasn't best in slot gear by any stretch of the imagination. I worked with a budget of around 250-300k gold. The best gear was always above that total. In fact the best gear was around 2 million a piece. To get that I would've had to play the AH and I didn't do that. This is the gold AH I am talking about. I never even got a single item from the RMAH.

You complain about loot and wasted tine. I tell you something. If you played diablo 3 back in the day and you didnt used the auction house. You would constantly find new stuff to use. Like i had no day where i wasnt finding something i could use.

I wonder what game you were playing. I tried my best during the vanilla to farm to find one puzzle ring. I went to every location that other players claimed that they found them. I tried for a long time at each location without any luck at all. Then when RoS hit they were falling off of the back of the truck common. Back then I found two Lacuni Kittens (not Prowlers) no main stat or crit on it so it was junk to me.

Sorry but i get more and more the feeling that you dont understand what a loot/grind game is and why people play it. Its not about having the best gear. Its about getting the best gear. The way is the goal. Once you reached top gear you basicly got nothing to do anymore.

I am pretty sure that other players of D2 or other games like this one can find things to do when they get the best gear for their character. I am sure that in a game like PoE I might have a build that is good enough to speed farm the eternal labyrinth for enchants that I could use for other characters or sell to make more currency if I wanted to.
No.

But if they actually make a diablo 4 and if it's similar to d2 rather than d3 then maybe I'd be hyped for diablo again.

But they'll probably just make another terrible phone game that's even more watered down than d3.

I wonder what game you were playing. I tried my best during the vanilla to farm to find one puzzle ring. I went to every location that other players claimed that they found them. I tried for a long time at each location without any luck at all. Then when RoS hit they were falling off of the back of the truck common. Back then I found two Lacuni Kittens (not Prowlers) no main stat or crit on it so it was junk to me.

[/quote]

So D3 vanilla had a crappy loot system where you had to use the ah because you didnt got a puzzle ring? Good attitude. As i said. You play a loot/hunt game. You dont get what you want. You cry. Thats life man. I bet you would had been happy as hell when you would had actualy found one after a lot of work.

Are you happy now when you find a puzzle ring. Just tell me.

If the answer is no, then its a perfect example why d3 now isnt as rewarding as d3 vanilla was.

Ya d3 vanilla had tons of crap gear. You wasted a lot of hours searching for items(but thats what you do in a loot game,isnt it) but at least you "COULD" find something impressiv. Now you simply cant. Yes there is no crappy gear anymore. And no outstanding gear either. Congratz you cried enough and blizz made the loothunt boring.

Now you cant cry about that special item you wanna have anymore since there simply isnt that special item anymore.
The core of a matter is that activision had gutted Blizzard out with massive layouts. Before the issue was out of touch upper echelons of Blizzard employeers and heads. Now the main issue is that Blizzard is hollow as a company and simply is incapable of producing nearly as much content as before. It will keep its zombie mode on as it is now with maintaining its projects and maybe on rare occasions producing a new game.
04/03/2019 04:36 AMPosted by Vukotlak
Ya d3 vanilla had tons of crap gear. You wasted a lot of hours searching for items(but thats what you do in a loot game,isnt it) but at least you "COULD" find something impressiv. Now you simply cant. Yes there is no crappy gear anymore. And no outstanding gear either. Congratz you cried enough and blizz made the loothunt boring.

Hmm, are you sure that we are playing the same game. So I guess that I can instantly replace a non ancient with ancient regardless of the rolls. After all no crappy gear. Those ones saying that due to bad rolls there are many ancients that are crap compared to non ancient. I guess you better had tell them otherwise. I guess they don't know as much as you do right.

04/03/2019 04:36 AMPosted by Vukotlak
So D3 vanilla had a crappy loot system where you had to use the ah because you didnt got a puzzle ring? Good attitude. As i said. You play a loot/hunt game. You dont get what you want. You cry. Thats life man. I bet you would had been happy as hell when you would had actualy found one after a lot of work.

If I put in the same amount of effort as others have done I do expect in time to get the same results. Even if that time is spread out over more days of real time. If around 100-200 hours of farming usually would result in a puzzle ring in location x. And others have had the same results then I should get the same results as well. That is unless you are saying just because I didn't play the same amount of hours per day is why I didn't get it that is bad in its own right.

Further you didn't comment on my Lacuni Kittens that were junk. I couldn't use them at all. The bracers that I had that were rare were far better than those kittens that I found.
04/01/2019 01:26 AMPosted by Vukotlak
03/31/2019 06:16 PMPosted by TheRugester

So I guess thats why POE is so much more successful then D3 then?

Good claim. Now proof it pls.

Google it, not hard. They are making tons of money plus tons of people left d3 for poe....
04/04/2019 09:59 AMPosted by TheRugester
04/01/2019 01:26 AMPosted by Vukotlak

Good claim. Now proof it pls.

Google it, not hard. They are making tons of money plus tons of people left d3 for poe....

I highly doubt that Google would tell us just how much money that PoE is making compared to this game. Activision/Blizz is not likely to give those numbers. GGG is not likely to give their numbers either. So without those numbers there is no way of telling how successful each game is.
04/04/2019 05:01 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

I highly doubt that Google would tell us just how much money that PoE is making compared to this game. Activision/Blizz is not likely to give those numbers. GGG is not likely to give their numbers either. So without those numbers there is no way of telling how successful each game is.

Well you can google a few things.

wiki says. D3 was fastest selling pc of all time. 12 million copies in 24 hours.

12 million x 50 bucks. = 600 million bucks on the frist day.

Steamcharts has an all-time peak of players in Poe at about 120.000 people.

I dont know how accurate steamcharts is though.

I knwo its all time peak. So let assume poe has 500.000 players. then everyone still needs to spend 1200 bucks for microtransaktions.

So you can probably assume D3 was more succesfull.

I didnt even counted RoS or any console sold D3 into it. I only took the initial realease numbers of classic D3 on the first fkn day.

You can see that D3 wins by a mile. You compare a fly to a whale. Sorry no offense on Poe is a good game. But it is like it is pal.
No.
I don't think there's matter to worry about how Blizzard can handle a game, even D3 and all its awfulness turned out on a technically very descent way after an endless patches process.
Speaking for myself I'm curious about Diablo Immortal, even if the gaming platform isn't appealing I have to face the fact that all my r-l friends play on their phones rather than other platform. I'll use Diablo Immortal as a tool for the adaptation process.
Note: I downvoted the trailer on YouTube, no matter what, it's way below what could have been done.

We all know what Blizzard can accomplish and the annoying part with pressure on a team sadly have to be done or we'll get a D4 announced in 2020 with a release for 2024... Blizz have the experience, the intel, the ressource and above all the heart to do a mind blasting game.
I'm not sure about the futur of PC gaming, doesn't look good to me, reality is that the communications industry doesn't care much about gaming. As PC gaming started in the 90's I'll say that it is (was) a good ride anyway :)
04/04/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Vukotlak

I knwo its all time peak. So let assume poe has 500.000 players. then everyone still needs to spend 1200 bucks for microtransaktions.

I didnt even counted RoS or any console sold D3 into it. I only took the initial realease numbers of classic D3 on the first fkn day.

You can see that D3 wins by a mile. You compare a fly to a whale. Sorry no offense on Poe is a good game. But it is like it is pal.

Nah, there's way too many estimations and guesses here lol. The only people who know are Grinding Gear, and they're keeping quiet. If I had to guess I'd imagine it hasn't made D3 money? But I really dunno and its certainly not a bet I'd take.

The only thing we know of for sure is this. At PoE's launch there was 3 people on staff. 2-3 years ago it was up to around 120. Thats some substantial growth, and those original 3 guys have probably swapped their Ford's out for Ferrari's.
04/05/2019 10:19 AMPosted by spirited
04/04/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Vukotlak

Nah, there's way too many estimations and guesses here lol. The only people who know are Grinding Gear, and they're keeping quiet. If I had to guess I'd imagine it hasn't made D3 money? But I really dunno and its certainly not a bet I'd take.

The only thing we know of for sure is this. At PoE's launch there was 3 people on staff. 2-3 years ago it was up to around 120. Thats some substantial growth, and those original 3 guys have probably swapped their Ford's out for Ferrari's.

This is very true actually. Having 120 people on staff, im almost certain that is more then what diablo has now which also means POE is raking in the money to pay that staff. They also just had a big company buy out a big portion of the company which means the game is making money. Has it made 600 million? Prob not but at least the POE devs actually care, listen to the community and are always adding new content to the game unlike this game.
Both games have cash shops in China, so I say it'd be hard to tell. May be Google Trends would give you an idea, but I'm not sure if it retracts the Chinese region searches or not. From Google Trends, I say PoE looks like it's leading on popularity but you can not say a thing about the money they made.

So far, D3 sold about more than 30-32 million copies and that means about 1 billion dollars or so. You can not tell how much money they made in retail/digital, or RMAH back in time, from its Google popularity.
Although, if Trends show results for worldwide, it's clear that PoE is getting more market traffic than D3.
Diablo 4 could be the best game ever made and I wouldn't spend the money on it. You can't finish Diablo 3. The game isn't designed that way. So why would I spend money on ANOTHER loot grind with no ending?
03/24/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Awax
Now that Diablo 3 pretty much on ice and will recieve no new content, do you have faith in Blizzard the Diablo: immortal, and a speculated Diablo 4 will be any good?

Blizzard as a whole hasn't released a good game in a long long time, and it hasn't released a good DIablo game for even longer.

I have no faith in this company anymore. Blizzard games used to be an automatic buy. Now I can hardly stand to play any of their games. Sad.

Many have already abandoned this sunken ship, there are new better games out there, such as Warhammer Chaosbane, that will be much better than D3. Blizzard have lost touched with it's fans.
Faith? - Sure - they got to D3 from D1 and that's 20 years. I kind of have to. The alternative is no faith and no hope isn't it? Any of us if we have no hope in anything why bother dreaming of better things?

Will they do any better? - Fark knows. Like anything we wait. They could not do worse at anticipating what their clients might want than the last Blizzcon - so that must generate a little hope surely and possibly something better.
I have no idea now some of the management and however many others have gone by the wayside, exactly how it will pan out.
03/24/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Awax
Now that Diablo 3 pretty much on ice and will recieve no new content, do you have faith in Blizzard the Diablo: immortal, and a speculated Diablo 4 will be any good?

Blizzard as a whole hasn't released a good game in a long long time, and it hasn't released a good DIablo game for even longer.

I have no faith in this company anymore. Blizzard games used to be an automatic buy. Now I can hardly stand to play any of their games. Sad.

no more hope in Blizz. Game over
I recently came back to this game and this season and so far its been quite good, I did join a clan but however things were best in the beginning where there was help but when asked for help its hardly ever there because of the different times they all play.

D3 will always be a great game to play no matter what content it dishes out.