Prediction: D:Immortal will be shown at Apple Event

General Discussion
I predict that on March 25th, Apple will have a spot for Blizzard to showcase their new Diablo Immortal game. I think it would make sense to show it there instead of on a PC/Console type of event like E3 and Blizzcon.
Prolly by Huawei. D.Immortal is created by chinese firm.
I predict that everyone will still be mad even if they do push it at a more cell phone event. The problem isn't that the new phone trash diablo game exists, it is that there was no PC game release along with it. Had they showcased D4/D3 xpac/d2 remaster/hell, even druid for D3 for PC at Blizzcon, then thrown in the mobile trash game at some mobile phone event, they wouldn't be getting the hate they are now.

Their marketing/business team is full of imbeciles. It will take a lot more now to buy back everyone's favor and respect had they just done it right the first time. Trying to push this trash at a mobile phone event will do zero to repair the bad PR they created for themselves at Blizzcon.
03/17/2019 05:23 AMPosted by BADD
I predict that on March 25th, Apple will have a spot for Blizzard to showcase their new Diablo Immortal game. I think it would make sense to show it there instead of on a PC/Console type of event like E3 and Blizzcon.

If they make apple crap the main focus of D:I... I'm gonna call that the last straw for me.
03/17/2019 09:37 AMPosted by Buckles
If they make apple crap the main focus of D:I... I'm gonna call that the last straw for me.

Maybe they will go total Apple style with the monetization for D:I. Charge you $250 for the base game, each year you need to buy the new version for another $250 or else the old version will run 10x slower for no reason, and throw in a monthly service charge of $25 a month.
03/17/2019 10:39 AMPosted by Alexismad
Maybe they will go total Apple style with the monetization for D:I. Charge you $250 for the base game, each year you need to buy the new version for another $250 or else the old version will run 10x slower for no reason, and throw in a monthly service charge of $25 a month.

Why not ? The world is full of idiots who pay every price for apple related products.

No it wouldn't. D:I is a phone game, not an Apple game.
03/17/2019 10:39 AMPosted by Alexismad
03/17/2019 09:37 AMPosted by Buckles

D:I is not exclusive for Apple, I believe it is hard to follow Apple's style.

Since it may be a mobile game target to Chinese market and titled with "MMO ARPG", my guesses :-

1) P2W contents with free base game style commonly seen in many Mobile Games.
2) Monthly subscription style like WoW
3) Free/Pay-once for base game and buy additional maps
03/17/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Alexismad
I predict that everyone will still be mad even if they do push it at a more cell phone event. The problem isn't that the new phone trash diablo game exists, it is that there was no PC game release along with it. Had they showcased D4/D3 xpac/d2 remaster/hell, even druid for D3 for PC at Blizzcon, then thrown in the mobile trash game at some mobile phone event, they wouldn't be getting the hate they are now.

Their marketing/business team is full of imbeciles. It will take a lot more now to buy back everyone's favor and respect had they just done it right the first time. Trying to push this trash at a mobile phone event will do zero to repair the bad PR they created for themselves at Blizzcon.

They were suppose to reveal the switch port as well at blizzcon but that got spoiled and had to be shown at gamescom instead. I dont know why everyone assumes blizzcon is a PC exclusive event. Blizzard has a mobile game already, it's a blizzard product and rightfully it was revealed at the right time. Had it been revealed along with the switch port as intended, it wouldn't be in the sticky spot it's in now.
03/17/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Alexismad
Their marketing/business team is full of imbeciles.

Not only them but also the The CEO Big Bucks Kotik. He's the biggest one.
03/17/2019 01:45 PMPosted by Orrion

No it wouldn't. D:I is a phone game, not an Apple game.

Apple has many times shown developers present their games to show what their products is capable of. Here is Bethesda presenting their new iOS game at apple event

https://youtu.be/lTEEH-Ir6xc
03/18/2019 08:32 AMPosted by Adda
I dont know why everyone assumes blizzcon is a PC exclusive event.

Maybe you missed the crowd's "muted" reaction to the mobile trash announcement. While it is not exclusively a PC event, the majority of the fans there are looking for PC content. If this was not the case, they would have gotten the reaction they thought they would get. Hopefully they learned their lesson that their primary main stage announcement better be a PC game.

03/18/2019 08:32 AMPosted by Adda
Had it been revealed along with the switch port as intended, it wouldn't be in the sticky spot it's in now.

Porting an existing game out to yet another console coupled with the mobile trash announcement would have gotten pretty much the same response. They are the one's who got the hype train going with "MULTIPLE PROJECTS!!!" and "THE FORGES ARE BURNING HOT!!!!". Diablo for PC has gotten a game, an xpac, and a character dlc in the last 17 years. This series has been neglected and abused for a long, long time now.

Had they announced the mobile trash along with any of the following:
D4
D1/D2 remaster
D3 xpac
even a frickin Druid dlc,
the response would have been much better. Hopefully they do "hear" us and turn this thing around, or they can keep doing what they are doing and chase Chinese mobile gold.