No Love For Barbs

Barbarian
Doesn't seem to be any love for Barbs in patch 2.6.5. I suppose we'll be relegated to some sort of supporting role again next season, like sweeping the floors and taking out the trash!

Come on Blizzard. We Barbarians need some loving too!
Boo-hoo freakiddy hoo...

Geez, every time there's someone whining that their favorite class didn't get love and the others are OP.

Getting old like yesterday...
04/01/2019 09:31 AMPosted by Nephalem
Geez, every time there's someone whining that their favorite class didn't get love and the others are OP.

Look at... https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php ...which shows that Barbs haven't had a damage role since Season 4, around three and a half years ago. Some of us would like to be in four-mans to do something other than drag things around and provide Ignore Pain / Ground Stomp.
Boo-hoo freakiddy hoo...

You know, instead of insulting other people you could give a constructive counterpoint if there is one.
04/01/2019 08:30 AMPosted by Argos
Doesn't seem to be any love for Barbs in patch 2.6.5. I suppose we'll be relegated to some sort of supporting role again next season, like sweeping the floors and taking out the trash!

Well.... we used to only be useful for a MF shout back in the day...

heh... d3v vs todaybarbs..... same ol' story
Boo-hoo freakiddy hoo...

Stop whining about others whining. You sound like my 8 year old.
04/01/2019 09:38 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Look at... https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php ...which shows that Barbs haven't had a damage role since Season 4, around three and a half years ago. Some of us would like to be in four-mans to do something other than drag things around and provide Ignore Pain / Ground Stomp.
Boo-hoo freakiddy hoo...

dumb !@# sorceress or whatever OP class is your main. barb has been garbage trash since forever . like 5 years in a row

iam good at raekor hota with 3/4 primals and optimized rolls on it and iam no where close to unenchanted sorceress $%^-* or 1k para less crusader in terms of dps. and dont !@#$ on me that iam trash player. even tho barb is ultimate garbage i can solo dps 4 man group up to gr 110. it ends right there tho. hunter or some other class in my shoes can go way higher. bliz just dont get it whats up in this game.

https://www.d3planner.com/673369936
Barb isnt too bad. All sets are capable for pushing solo, rat / meta has a concrete spot. If you are referring to DPS in 4p, nothing beats INT classes.

STR/DEX classes dont really have group dps options (meta that is). DH impale is a poor man's RGK for bad groups that cant control CC before necro fires LOTD.
[quote]Barb isnt too bad. All sets are capable for pushing solo, rat / meta has a concrete spot. If you are referring to DPS in 4p, nothing beats INT classes.

STR/DEX classes dont really have group dps options (meta that is). DH impale is a poor man's RGK for bad groups that cant control CC before necro fires LOTD.[/quote

04/02/2019 09:02 PMPosted by celtic08
Barb isnt too bad. All sets are capable for pushing solo, rat / meta has a concrete spot. If you are referring to DPS in 4p, nothing beats INT classes.

STR/DEX classes dont really have group dps options (meta that is). DH impale is a poor man's RGK for bad groups that cant control CC before necro fires LOTD.

04/02/2019 09:02 PMPosted by celtic08

If you are referring to DPS in 4p, nothing beats INT classes.

pls go and tell hunters and crusaders about it so they realize they are not dps and therefore they got to stop pulling double and triple dps compare to barbs

regarding of solo rifts i wont even argue with you. this is multiplayer game not single player game. which should explain everything
04/02/2019 09:17 PMPosted by Keel
this is multiplayer game not single player game. which should explain everything

Yeah it is and for multiplayer games whether 2p/3p/4p, the most experienced player almost all have intensive zbarb background. Same holds the truth for high ranks multiple solo LB as well. Zbarb and his experience is crucial to the smooth runnings of GR. You may not be happy with a support in an action game, but this is what this game is about and you need an experienced zbarb for smooth groups. Either recruit one or be one. Its fair to say, once zbarb is nerfed, GR tiers can fell 10 - 20 tiers depending on player experiences. Look at how many groups 4P 150, look at how many groups 3P 150.

Because of how staple zbarb is, its dps field is suffered accordingly. But why does it matter? You are farming higher tiers, you get to command higher paragon players as long as you make GG decisions. Zbarb is the floor general and deserves every respect. If you think barb has no love, zbarb unnerfed is the love. crusader /DH / wd mains unless switch can only enjoy 120 - 130 rank gems while good zbarbs enjoy 150 augments.
04/01/2019 08:30 AMPosted by Argos

I know right seems the only thing it's good for is speed farming t13 for mats but these jerks want to make it t20,which could mean that in t16 not able to do it.Maybe someday I'll reach 5000 plus paragon and gear won't make then cry for t20 challenge when all they have to do is only use the first 800 paragon points and not use the greater rift set to farm.
I agree with Celtic, Barb right now is most flexible class in the game. I am playing S16 strickly barb only, been able to DPS up to 132 in the start of season as charge barb and later zbarbing everything from rats up to 150 4man. I've been invited several times to push 2man with DH which can go 135+ easily too. I don't think there's any other such viable class for everything. It's not just about "doing big numbers". Playing zbarb in 4man is most satisfying role because you make decisions, you make the rift work. DPS classes just stay in sanc and puts their trust into YOU to make the clear. I think we should be thankful that barb is in such sweet spot right now.
04/03/2019 10:40 AMPosted by Hulda
I agree with Celtic, Barb right now is most flexible class in the game. I am playing S16 strickly barb only, been able to DPS up to 132 in the start of season as charge barb and later zbarbing everything from rats up to 150 4man. I've been invited several times to push 2man with DH which can go 135+ easily too. I don't think there's any other such viable class for everything. It's not just about "doing big numbers". Playing zbarb in 4man is most satisfying role because you make decisions, you make the rift work. DPS classes just stay in sanc and puts their trust into YOU to make the clear. I think we should be thankful that barb is in such sweet spot right now.

You can do 132 solo with a Barb in season 16? You must be joking. Sorry for doubting you but I will need proof.
04/03/2019 11:30 AMPosted by Blackarrows
#1 https://eu.diablo3.com/en/rankings/season/16/rift-barbarian
Proof...

So one guy in EU gets 132 so the rest of us barbs should be content, especially when the next closest barbarian is at 123?

I suppose we should all be happy to be in his shadow.
Argos, did you mean to say 125? Anyway, yes, Hulda is absurdly far ahead of everybody else. But there's no shame in being in the shadow of greatness.

To go back to your original point of "no love for Barbs in 2.6.5", I think you are right. And it would be nice if they could just drop some buffs on many of our unused legendary items. It seems like it would be pretty easy to increase the effect of items like Blade of the Warlord, Remorseless, Dishonored Legacy, Undisputed Champion, Lamentation, etc, without accidentally breaking the game. In an ideal world I think many of these items would be completely reworked, but I don't see that happening.

Hulda: question for you. How high do you think you would have cleared thus far without "bug pack"?
Rage I agree with you. My main argument was directed at the current PTR patch for next season. Mainly that we were not getting any buffs to our non-set items.

Somehow this thread meandered to current Barbarian builds. Which I still believe need help. But I suppose some people are content and believe barbarians are fine the way they are.
1st off I meant 132 in 4man group with my Charge barb. And there was people who took charge barb even to 138 ( https://youtu.be/srlPgylKb5A ). That makes barb 2nd best trash killer after wizard. I never said anything about solo stuff, but yeah I'm currently also r1 between all classes in season. Next barb is 130 in China and several people has 128+ clears so I don't know where you got 123.

Rage: 132 would be doable, but with map that would be way harder to fish than this pack, however this pack is still part of the game since S9 and barb is the only class who can utilize it solo, I'm looking at it as something like archon SP Wiz doubledipping stacks.
Hulda, heck yeah man, I'm definitely not casting shade on your accomplishments. Like you say, if it's in the game, why not use it? I'm really looking forward to seeing how far you (and R6 in general) can go.