Stash unlocks - if not season then what?

General Discussion
Realistically, "gold" is not a cost.

So, for Non Season players; rather than just !@#$%ing at how stash unlocks are tied to gameplay...

How about proposing in your criticisms some realistic non season alternative's? i.e. Perhaps a stash tab should unlock at paragon 1000 (certainly way more work than Champion in a season) and every 500 paragons after that?
Highly Rated
The realistic alternative is to not gate them at all.
QoL features should simply be made available to everyone.
04/10/2019 03:17 AMPosted by Avicenna
How about proposing in your criticisms some realistic non season alternative's? i.e. Perhaps a stash tab should unlock at paragon 1000 (certainly way more work than Champion in a season) and every 500 paragons after that?

That is hardly realistic.
Also:
*Additional stash space has been made available for all players

That message alone gave the impression that the stash would be available to all players at the start.
But then you get:
PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9
PS4/XB1/Switch: All players will be able to purchase 70 additional stash spaces with gold upon login
Note: All tabs are available immediately upon login on PTR for testing purposes only

As others have mentioned, it's a bait and switch; something that blizzard has been notorious of as of late. Also, the fact that console players can get the stash spaces without the tedious season requirement makes it worse.
Stash could instead be 'acquired' by undertaking an unspecific quest during season which must be figured out by players with hints to solve a puzzle-like or scrolls of letters scattered outside of rifts.

The game can be interesting again if blizzard stop giving out exact directions to unlock goodies instead let players figure out and share the knowledge among friends or clan mates.

Gone are the days where games require some trial and error to solve mysteries to acquire special items or artifacts.
Just give us the stash.

We are already sick and tired of the item tetris.
In today's world? Nah, infos would leak day 1 of the PTR, and everyone would just look at guides...
Gold unlock in any mode or GTFO!
How about.....I’ve had the game since day one, unlocked all the tabs available already and I think I’ve already earned the new 5. Stash should not be locked behind seasons. New games coming and they want to gate QOL behind seasons? No thank you!

So, for Non Season players; rather than just !@#$%ing at how stash unlocks are tied to gameplay...

screw that,it would take me forever to get to 3000 to completely unlock 5 tabs playing solo.

It is if it's high enough. 100k is trivial. Maybe make it 1B? 5B?
There's a bunch of ways to gate this.

Micro Trans.

Grift based classes / speed / etc.

Achievements.

Paragon level.

Time played.

Gem sink 1000 flawless royals.

Gold 100 billion per page.

Bounty mats.

Sacrifice pets - Sac 5 pets to have to refind them.

Ramaladni sink, 100 gifts per page.

Primal sacrifice in the cube, 10 primals for an unlock.

Etc etc.

But no gate at all would be best. Why gate it at all at this point? Player numbers are always dwindling. Bot accounts can be deleted to free up unique id's. Etc etc.
Just salvage your useless junk. I bet 95% of the items you guys carry you never equipped in at least a year.

Great idea. Down voters are a bunch of unthinking slugs.
04/10/2019 09:47 AMPosted by Evenstar
Just salvage your useless junk. I bet 95% of the items you guys carry you never equipped in at least a year.

Actually, after the lon buff, stuff I havent used over a year or I salvaged with your thought process, are now useful.

Saved me a lot of dB farming and bounties to replace. I value my time enough to hold this "junk".
How about changing the season objectives around to something else I haven’t already completed over 10 times over?
Here's a crazy idea; how bout stop screwing over the few remaining people that have stuck with your game? Stash spaces have been complained about for years, forcing us to wait another 15+ months to complete them is just ignorant.
All this is well and good, but many of us had these same complaints when they gated the first 4 stash tabs in season. It fell on deaf ears then for the same reason it will now.

There are people that love the idea of gating stuff behind season. When new legendaries were gated behind season, they loved it and argued for months that they should keep it that way.

When the first 4 stash tabs were gated, they loved it and argued forever and a day that it should remain that way no matter if threads are still to this day posted about changing it.

And now that 5 more are also unlocked through season play, they love it and will argue for it to stay that way.

I don't get it, if they can give us stash tabs one at a time, then they can give us all five at once with no gating, but there are people that just don't see it that way. Blame these decision on them.
Stash problems? Stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.
04/10/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Lovecraft
Stash problems? Stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

'Stop collecting loot in a loot collection game'

Brilliant, why didn't we think about that?
04/10/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Lovecraft

I'm concerned about the assumption that you have that every piece is behind hoarded.

There are cdr, rcr, tanky, solo, group, zds, new theory craft ideas, speed bounty vs. Rift vs grift, dB farming builds, gold farming builds...honestly the variants are prettt extensive.

Valid lon builds plus current sets with skill based bonus variants make the current stash space a little tight.

While I agree that the space is adequate when you factor in character slots as a work around and store stuff on the characters and their inventory, those items are not easily accessible nor can they be used in the armory, which makes the armory useless.

5 more pages will be enough to ensure the armory would be useful across all the classes.