Stash unlocks - if not season then what?

General Discussion
04/10/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Lovecraft
Stash problems? Stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

I wanted to learn more about your view. I checked your profile. You essentially play 3 classes. Two of your characters have multiple pieces of the Blackthorne's set equipped. I suspect that once you branch out using more classes and develop them more fully, you will appreciate the desire for having sufficient space to store loot in a loot hunt game.
You know if they would of not offered Stash Tabs to all players in the Patch Notes this issue wouldn't even of crossed my mind, but to offer the Stash Tabs and suddenly take a them away like they did and Gate them behind Seasons again just pisses me off to no end.
In the past I have offered to pay real money for them, earn them in Non Seasons some way, I bought the Necro Pack for the 2 tabs and to support the game but because I have no desire to ever play Seasons there is no way to earn them, it is like a kick in the teeth or like someone said in another topic about this issue "we just got stabbed 5 times" and that is just how I feel.
If you are listening Blizzard and really care about your player base PLEASE make these Stash Tabs available to all players that still want to play this game, regardless on what Mode they wish to play.
04/10/2019 11:51 AMPosted by Idolis
There are people that love the idea of gating stuff behind season. When new legendaries were gated behind season, they loved it and argued for months that they should keep it that way.

Maybe if the NS-only crowd hadn't whined and argued so long and so loud about seasonal exclusives, Blizz wouldn't have replaced them with stash tabs, and we'd have alternate ways to acquire them instead of just through seasons. Just saying.
04/10/2019 01:23 PMPosted by spacecadet13
There are people that love the idea of gating stuff behind season. When new legendaries were gated behind season, they loved it and argued for months that they should keep it that way.

Maybe if the NS-only crowd hadn't whined and argued so long and so loud about seasonal exclusives, Blizz wouldn't have replaced them with stash tabs, and we'd have alternate ways to acquire them instead of just through seasons. Just saying.
I suspect not. They would have just made stash tabs and certain legendaries seasonal exclusives. Season 4 was the last with seasonal legendaries. I am proud that we were able to convince Blizzard then and hopefully, we can convince them again that seasonal gates of QoL improvements (and seasonal-only themes) are STUPID.
04/10/2019 01:23 PMPosted by spacecadet13

Actually, I've played every season since Season 6 or 7 and completed Conqueror in the second season that I played. Clanmates showed me how to complete through Guardian and I've done that ever since. I've had the 4 stash tabs through season play for several seasons now and I continue to go back.

I usually play through Guardian and up to 1 month after (because I can get through Guardian in the first weekend or by the Monday after season starts at the latest.) I rather enjoy seasons for a bit until the loot hunt becomes about finding items that are percentage points better than I already have.

The point I was making is that from before I started playing seasons till now, I don't believe seasons need any incentives at all for people to play it. The folks that want incentives are people that in my opinion only want them to make non-season players less than players who play seasons.
04/10/2019 05:35 PMPosted by Idolis
The point I was making is that from before I started playing seasons till now, I don't believe seasons need any incentives at all for people to play it. The folks that want incentives are people that in my opinion only want them to make non-season players less than players who play seasons.
Unfortunately, I think this statement has much truth. It is analogous to the person who creates a thread every couple of weeks saying if you don't play hardcore, you are not playing Diablo. It is the whole stupid game mode warfare.
04/10/2019 12:53 PMPosted by MicroRNA
04/10/2019 11:55 AMPosted by Lovecraft
Stash problems? Stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

I wanted to learn more about your view. I checked your profile. You essentially play 3 classes. Two of your characters have multiple pieces of the Blackthorne's set equipped. I suspect that once you branch out using more classes and develop them more fully, you will appreciate the desire for having sufficient space to store loot in a loot hunt game.

I like to experiment and see what I can do with various sets. Blackthorns has a undeserved kneejerk poor reputation to it.

My comment was about overstuffing one's stash with junk that will never be used.

Judging what I say by what crap I have currently equipped is unsupportable.
it is not about season, it is you have to wait 12 @#$%^&* month to get them all, at least
04/10/2019 03:17 AMPosted by Avicenna
Realistically, "gold" is not a cost.

So, for Non Season players; rather than just !@#$%ing at how stash unlocks are tied to gameplay...

How about proposing in your criticisms some realistic non season alternative's? i.e. Perhaps a stash tab should unlock at paragon 1000 (certainly way more work than Champion in a season) and every 500 paragons after that?

Why do they have to be gated at all? Would have been a good gesture to the player base to give a real QoL request that has been around since the beginning.
04/10/2019 08:10 PMPosted by LouisDragon
it is not about season, it is you have to wait 12 @#$%^&* month to get them all, at least

Are you in a hurry?
04/10/2019 08:21 PMPosted by JoeUtopia
04/10/2019 03:17 AMPosted by Avicenna
Realistically, "gold" is not a cost.

So, for Non Season players; rather than just !@#$%ing at how stash unlocks are tied to gameplay...

How about proposing in your criticisms some realistic non season alternative's? i.e. Perhaps a stash tab should unlock at paragon 1000 (certainly way more work than Champion in a season) and every 500 paragons after that?

Why do they have to be gated at all? Would have been a good gesture to the player base to give a real QoL request that has been around since the beginning.

Why is anything gated in a game? We could just be given sets and loot. The whole precept of this genre is gameplay is rewarded with items that assist gameplay, and stash management has been part of the gameplay mechanic since Diablo I.

So it doesn't seem unreasonable in principal to tie a bonus that assists gameplay, to actual gameplay.

Now, outside of a small vocal crowd on the forms, most Diablo III players are first going to see this feature when season 17 drops and will see it for the bonus it is: The opportunity to get 5 more stash tabs.

There is one group of players I have sympathy for: Anyone who has already completed the Champion season journey 5 or more times. If Blizzard does NOT retroactively award stash tabs for those completions then they will be giving loyal customers a bad disservice.

Everyone else on these forums !@#$%ing about this is simply suffering from a case of Loss Aversion brought on about by unfortunate framing - There is literally more whining about being given 5 more stash tabs - than if we had simply not been given any stash tabs at all.
04/10/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Phatty
Actually, after the lon buff, stuff I havent used over a year or I salvaged with your thought process, are now useful.

Saved me a lot of dB farming and bounties to replace. I value my time enough to hold this "junk".

The sad part is, they gated the LON buff behind seasons, your non-season gear will still remain junk until they finally decide to open up the entire game for more builds than the Dev approved set builds.
04/10/2019 09:47 AMPosted by Evenstar
Just salvage your useless junk. I bet 95% of the items you guys carry you never equipped in at least a year.

At the start of every season I delete everything and start fresh. I also primarily play HC. HC needs more stash spaces because of backup gear and sometimes extra backup gear. Then if you play every class and try to build every set, good luck in fitting that all into the stash space you have.
Make it hours of play or paragon or past a solo GR level per class. The guys who play more will accumulate more and thus have more stuff.

1 stash per 100 hours of play

or

1 stash per 500 paragon

or

1 stash per GR110+ solo per class
04/11/2019 06:03 AMPosted by Armisal
Make it hours of play or paragon or past a solo GR level per class. The guys who play more will accumulate more and thus have more stuff.

1 stash per 100 hours of play

or

1 stash per 500 paragon

or

1 stash per GR110+ solo per class

I really like these suggestions, but a stash tab at 500 paragons means that basically you get 2 tabs a season, because 500 paragon and Champion season journey are roughly equivalent.
04/10/2019 11:01 PMPosted by Alexismad
04/10/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Phatty
Actually, after the lon buff, stuff I havent used over a year or I salvaged with your thought process, are now useful.

Saved me a lot of dB farming and bounties to replace. I value my time enough to hold this "junk".

The sad part is, they gated the LON buff behind seasons, your non-season gear will still remain junk until they finally decide to open up the entire game for more builds than the Dev approved set builds.

Actually, I was talking about the buff that was given this season. Not next seasons lon bonus.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why is anything gated in a game? We could just be given sets and loot. The whole precept of this genre is gameplay is rewarded with items that assist gameplay, and stash management has been part of the gameplay mechanic since Diablo I.

So it doesn't seem unreasonable in principal to tie a bonus that assists gameplay, to actual gameplay.

Now, outside of a small vocal crowd on the forms, most Diablo III players are first going to see this feature when season 17 drops and will see it for the bonus it is: The opportunity to get 5 more stash tabs.

There is one group of players I have sympathy for: Anyone who has already completed the Champion season journey 5 or more times. If Blizzard does NOT retroactively award stash tabs for those completions then they will be giving loyal customers a bad disservice.

Everyone else on these forums !@#$%ing about this is simply suffering from a case of Loss Aversion brought on about by unfortunate framing - There is literally more whining about being given 5 more stash tabs - than if we had simply not been given any stash tabs at all.

Framing is part of the problem.

The other part is actually gating it in seasons, which has been a sore point for almost All of the nonseason players.

You know... The actual players who need the space... Nonseason... The vocal Minority that it really impacts.

The majority of players are seasonal of those most are casual and stop after 100 to 200 hours of play. Most classes get complete Ancient gear in about 100 hours. So for a seasonal player to have problems with stash it would really take upwards to 400 hours of play. So the problem for stash for the seasonal player is virtually nonexistant... Where as the nonseason players over 500 hours already potentally have stash problems.
I can barely even fit all the set items of a class in 1 stash tab, add in ancient items for LoN build for EVERY SINGLE CLASS, an entire stash tabs for legendary gems and I'm left with almost no space at all, mind you I've never finished the season so I don't have many stash tabs
04/10/2019 10:57 PMPosted by Avicenna
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Hyperbole.

The discussion is about stash space. The issue at hand is the fact the PTR, and the information at the time of launch, that these 5 stash spaces would be available immediately. Then they changed their minds.

And, yes, if they never had them in the PTR and notes, then we couldn’t miss them because they were never there. Quite the genius deduction.

There is also the issue of season vs non-season - but that really wasn’t part of the issue (since they were available for both).
completing the era journey = 2 tabs
completing the season journey = 1 tab
max of nine.

or:
I have gold to buy the other tabs

or better yet:
I log in and earn the 5 tabs