Season without "Unique Equipped"

General Discussion
I've seen a bunch of posts on here about what the next season should be. I think the reason that I and many others are enjoying this season is because we can create builds that were not possible before with the rorg buff.

I've wondered for sometime what it would be like if legendary items didn't have the "Unique Equipped" text. For example, would it be better to run 3 rorg's or 3 coe's (two on player one in cube)? Would there be any better weapon combinations than 3 rabid strikes for the monk?

I'm sure it would take a ton of testing to make this happen but I really think you open a ton of new builds up with this, and give the game a breath of fresh air.
in the beginning of Dia 3 the best rings were most of the time yellows and even gloves and belts half the time..

but Blizz will never go back. they only make it bigger stronger crazier (not always funnier, better)
03/16/2019 05:48 PMPosted by FMR
in the beginning of Dia 3 the best rings were most of the time yellows and even gloves and belts half the time..

but Blizz will never go back. they only make it bigger stronger crazier (not always funnier, better)

Well, it would be interesting for maybe a 2 month season to have a buff like "onceyou reached Level 70 (or maybe once you reached Paragon Level ~200/300) and only have rare items equipped, your damage is increased by xx.000% and your damage taken is reduced by 65%" or something like that, so that wearing rare items is making your build stronger than equipping a set.

... just for one season, you know.
03/16/2019 06:22 PMPosted by clueso
so that wearing rare items is making your build stronger than equipping a set.

With some legendaries granting massive multipliers for some skills, that won't happen.
Kinda tired of seeing suggestions for mucking around with what combinations of gear you can wear.

I mean, yeah, it worked for RoRG.. but it's also lazy.

Need new gear, new affixes, new events, etc.
Just simple enough. A season without sets. See where that gets people. there is enough builds without sets to make it fun people will not be smashing the super high GR's but for me it would be fun to see what could be done.
How about a season where they actually improve the viability of other classes (crusaders, witch doctors etc) in the meta. I'd be happy wit hthat (adding items in for group speed like barbs get in that belt etc)
Stupidest idea of the week. Power creep and more power creep.
The only way to extend the season play time is to nerf the hell out of the op buffs. T2, T3, T4, T5, T7, T8, T9, T11, T12 are all pointless because one item gets you up to T1, 2 items gets you up to T6, 2 items and set gets you up to T10, 3 items and set it T13.

The buffs are so huge that they make it, 1-70 in 2 hours, T1-T10 in 2 hours. T10- T13 in 2 hours. Progression over. Grind.

Granted it's not like that for newbs but it's like that for most players. And RNG can screw people over too. But who wants RNG to screw them over to make the season last longer?

It doesn't matter what they do, it will always be 1-7 days of fun then grind same boring thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over... wow typing that was as much fun as grinding.

1-70 should have the XP cut by at least 50% .75% would be better. Taking a full day to get to 70. Increasing the drop rate of legs though so we go through like 5 different RNG builds as we progress.

Cut the damage buffs by 10 times for each build and they will all still be equal. Also cut the DR buffs so that we aren't just tanks

Adjust GRs so people don't complain that they are nerfed and so new players can get gems up as high as the old gems so that people don't feel ripped off. Nerf the drop rates though so that getting your gear is more satisfying.

Haedrig's Gift shouldn't be in the game. It skips half of the fun. If people are falling behind, they can just get carried on GR 100 and get their set in a couple of hours anyway.

That's what they need to do to fix the game. People who are killing T13 will still kill it. People killing GR 150 will still kill it. The big difference will be enjoying drops again. Using best in slot. Remember "Best is slot"?

But as if they will do that. You lot would be ropable at having to take longer to get to grind. Really, if Headrig's gift gave a full end game perfect set, all those complainers would be happy to skip getting to end game gear. Skipping getting their gems up past lvl 80. They could PWR LVL, get their set, and start doing GR 110 in an hour of starting. YAY! That's what they want right?

Because if they just slowed down that speed to make it take 4 days instead, people would spit it. 2 hours to PWR LVL? Waaaahhhhh! Dummy spit. What no Headrig's? I have to find loot? Waaaaahhh! Dummy spit.

D3 was suppose to be a loot finding game. Pity it's not anymore.

Point being, the game shouldn't change in the end game. But getting there should be minute little upgrades here and there, each time being a bit of a buzz at finding some loot. The journey to end game gear taking longer and giving more regular loot buzzes along the way. It should be a journey, not a hop skip and a jump.
it just like hamburger without cheese
03/16/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Sarnen
How about a season where they actually improve the viability of other classes (crusaders, witch doctors etc) in the meta. I'd be happy wit hthat (adding items in for group speed like barbs get in that belt etc)

That's a nice idea but there's a problem.

META = Most Effective Tactics Available
What that means is that if you make one class desirable to use in group meta, it doesn't become an option for the group, it becomes mandatory. It'll just replace some other class and the situation remains the same as now. Meta means using the best options for the group, no matter what they are.
03/17/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Kirottu
03/16/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Sarnen

That's a nice idea but there's a problem.

META = Most Effective Tactics Available
What that means is that if you make one class desirable to use in group meta, it doesn't become an option for the group, it becomes mandatory. It'll just replace some other class and the situation remains the same as now. Meta means using the best options for the group, no matter what they are.

Granted.. but they could get it close enough to where not playing the META didn't feel like you chopped your legs off at the knee.

But they aren't willing to do that because "POWER CREEP IS THE BEST THING EVER."
The RROG aspect of this season enabled me to achieve Guardian for the first time ever and to level three characters to GR 90. That being said, for me I've done all that I really think is worthwhile with seasons. I can't think of anything they could realistically alter that would have me want to rebirth another character again, so thinking for next season to rebirth and then only play the original game through, perhaps for the last time. Curious if any of you have recently or thinking the same.