So tomorrow is April 1st...

General Discussion
Blizzard doesn't need to pull jokes because they've become a joke.

Since BlizzCon 2018, every day has been April 1.
David Brevik is rehired.
03/31/2019 10:56 AMPosted by spirited
Seems like an appropriate thread - just 4 years ago Blizzard was making fun of the notion of Diablo on phones.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/13607363/ascend-to-victory-with-happy-reaper%E2%84%A2-4-1-2014

How times change, huh.

There's another thread asking if we have any faith left in this company. If the same team that gave us Reaper Of Souls and made that April Fool's joke were still around, I would...
Reddit Diablo wins the April Fools pages so far, although it is early still.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Diablo/
03/31/2019 10:40 AMPosted by MissCheetah
After laying off so much of the Community and Publishing teams I don't expect much. Those are the folks who handle the April Fools jokes. Last year we did not even have anything specific to D3, or a few other Blizz games.

I expect we will get something OW, something Blizzard generic based (new services, microtransactions, loot box methods, etc), and we usually get the fake WoW patch notes.

Yeah... This is Activision, not Blizzard... April Fool's jokes was so Blizzard... Remember, back in the days when it was about the games, not the money?

Seems so, so far away...

I actually came looking wondering what they'd pull this year.

NO-THING... Whatsoever...

Now I'd like to see anyone tell me that Blizz hasn't changed with a straight face.
04/01/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Nephalem
03/31/2019 10:40 AMPosted by MissCheetah
After laying off so much of the Community and Publishing teams I don't expect much. Those are the folks who handle the April Fools jokes. Last year we did not even have anything specific to D3, or a few other Blizz games.

I expect we will get something OW, something Blizzard generic based (new services, microtransactions, loot box methods, etc), and we usually get the fake WoW patch notes.

Yeah... This is Activision, not Blizzard... April Fool's jokes was so Blizzard... Remember, back in the days when it was about the games, not the money?

Seems so, so far away...

I actually came looking wondering what they'd pull this year.

NO-THING... Whatsoever...

Now I'd like to see anyone tell me that Blizz hasn't changed with a straight face.

Yeah...I uninstalled all of their products from every device I own months ago (including the battle.net launcher and my Switch), and I'm no longer a customer of theirs. Heck I hadn't even visited this forum in awhile. I just couldn't resist the temptation of April Fools...I had a feeling they wouldn't do it this year (as you've said, no April Fools joke Blizzard does can possibly be funny anymore because they have become the joke), but I knew that what little remains of the community would.