Season of Nightmares... literally.

General Discussion
Diablo 3 - Been out how many years now?

Monthly Fee? There is none here.

In-Game Shop? None.

Entitled customers thinking the game should be pushing out "game changing" content many years after initial release for free, priceless.

When reality sinks you, you should realize you are very lucky that Blizzard still touches this game. Almost every single game that comes out never gets the attention that Blizzard gives it's games. They could of easily stopped doing anything in D3 awhile ago and that would be the norm for most games like this.

But what do I know? I'm just a level headed individual who is mature enough to understand what reality is. OP just seems like a spoiled brat wanting something for free.

Don't even compare this game to Path of Exile. I tried playing it, and realized very quickly why the game is "better", it has a revenue stream (SHOCKING) - which in reality you would need to continue doing business. SHOCKING!

Stop expecting so much out of this game and be respectful and grateful that Blizzard does ANYTHING for this game.
04/14/2019 04:35 AMPosted by Zedonius
Diablo 3 - Been out how many years now?

Monthly Fee? There is none here.

In-Game Shop? None.

Entitled customers thinking the game should be pushing out "game changing" content many years after initial release for free, priceless.

When reality sinks you, you should realize you are very lucky that Blizzard still touches this game. Almost every single game that comes out never gets the attention that Blizzard gives it's games. They could of easily stopped doing anything in D3 awhile ago and that would be the norm for most games like this.

But what do I know? I'm just a level headed individual who is mature enough to understand what reality is. OP just seems like a spoiled brat wanting something for free.

Don't even compare this game to Path of Exile. I tried playing it, and realized very quickly why the game is "better", it has a revenue stream (SHOCKING) - which in reality you would need to continue doing business. SHOCKING!

Stop expecting so much out of this game and be respectful and grateful that Blizzard does ANYTHING for this game.

There are many people who would gladly pay for additional content. The catch is - it would have to be content, not just number tweaks. The issue is that ActiBliz has done their ROI calculations and have decided it isn’t worth their investment. That isn’t the player’s fault it is theirs.

I would pay a nominal fee for some QoL things - it serves two purposes, I get something (think stash space) and the company gets income. But again, they have decided “no”.

They don’t respect or appreciate the players and both of those things require a two-way street.
Would the following be sufficient?
Skullgrasp: Whirlwind gains Blood funnel and (multiplies) damage by 350-400%
Sin Seekers: Rapid fire no longer has channelling cost and increases damage by 5000%
Rework all the runes. Lots of them seem unworthy of being used ever.
Rework the paragon rewards or alter them for ladder every season.
Rework area damage affix to increase the range/area of AoE abilities.

Rework the Campaign difficulty to match your highest greater rift (as an optional challenge).
It's kind of meaningless right now.

If modders could alter the game/patch notes, they could probably make some amazing things after just one year and they'd do it for free.
Instead of making RORG a permanent buff why not just make it to where you have to hit certain Grift levels solo or with a group, or after running certain things like bounties so many times you unlock it, and not just that buff but maybe other buffs or choices of buffs so that it keeps you wanting to grind to those higher grifts..
04/11/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Cambios
This game has never had enough stash space through its entire existence.

This is false. You don't really need any stash space whatsoever in "Diablo" 3 since there's no reason to pick up an item that isn't on the list of fixed items for your character's best build..
04/12/2019 12:55 AMPosted by KiWeN
04/11/2019 09:33 PMPosted by Cambios
TL;DR

1) LoN is a "rich get richer" season that is problematic.

2) Make RoRG buff permanent.

3) Buff tons of underperforming sets, legendaries, and playstyle options that have been garbage for way too long (e.g. Whirlwind Barb, MS DH, DMO frozen orb wiz, "Hammerdin" crusader, and so many more.).

4) Stash tabs are a QoL issue. Stop gating them behind seasons.

(BONUS: Consider letting 2 piece set bonuses still work with LoN, so Endless Walk, Bul Kathos, and many other 2 piece set bonuses that are VITAL to many builds can still be used.)

No the problem is that 2.6.4 buffed A LOT of sets making a huge array of playstyles possible with the RoRG buff, and balanced so many sets to be payable at a high tier.

However patch 2.6.5 did no such thing for the theme of the upcoming season, the Legacy of Nightmares bonus. Only about 1 item per class was changed. And to make it worse, they increased the required tier making even more build options obsolete.

There needs to be a legendary overhaul to make S17 even remotely interesting.

And perm RORG is not needed, it's still merely a +3 GR increases, look at the rankings.

While it is a "mere" +3 GR, the overall utility AND combination buffs that it brought was something else entirely. Sure, a number of builds just grabbed Swamp Waders for the additional +20% elemental damage, but Swamp Wader's 20% wasn't so strong that you couldn't use other options - Aquilla, St. Andrews, Nemesis, ect.

But yea, with new LoN, at BEST we might see a grenade Rapid Fire or Blessed Shield LoN crusader build overtake their little niches. Personally, I'm just going to go Invokers. Losing Leoric's Crown won't matter too much overall
This game has never had enough stash space through its entire existence.

This is false. You don't really need any stash space whatsoever in "Diablo" 3 since there's no reason to pick up an item that isn't on the list of fixed items for your character's best build..

04/14/2019 10:31 PMPosted by Odbarc
If modders could alter the game/patch notes, they could probably make some amazing things after just one year and they'd do it for free.

No one would be able to mod this game to a playable state in that kind of time unfortunately as there's too much garbage to remove. Adjusting numbers is one thing but what makes "Diablo" 3 a bad game has little to do with numbers.
04/14/2019 10:50 AMPosted by char
Would the following be sufficient?
Skullgrasp: Whirlwind gains Blood funnel and (multiplies) damage by 350-400%
Sin Seekers: Rapid fire no longer has channelling cost and increases damage by 5000%

5000% is retardedly OP as a seperate multiplier. Just the two 800% modifiers that Crusader gets for Condemn makes Condemn on of the better builds.

PTR notes is a bit confusing on Rapid Fire - Wohjanni says that you get 4 30 stacks - If that's 4, then Rapid Fire won't be used. If it's 30, then Rapid Fire builds will overtake as a RG killer, but won't be useful for soloing. We will see I guess.
04/11/2019 10:38 PMPosted by Keyblade
Easy fix , is remove sets for this season so its LoN or Nothing.
That would be exciting

Perhaps exciting for the one or two players who choose to play it. (It’s not LoN btw.)
2) The Stash fiasco. This game has never had enough stash space through its entire existence. This is a Quality of Life issue. Gating it behind seasons that can take people YEARS to "catch up" on is an atrocious idea. It kills the ability to recruit friends or get people to return to the game. It is also not what was originally promised. There are a zillion threads covering this.

Can't they just give me 1-3 class or hero specific stash PAGES. The rest account wide? I am so frazzled that the armory does not hold OR TAG the items involved in sets and I have accidentally shared something I needed on that hero or a different shared item hero.......
I'm sure some streamer with actual creativity will come up with a few builds for the rest of you whiners to copy.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.