Necro feel so meh

Necromancer
My DH can do gr90 in 5 minutes with only 4pieces of ancient gear
My Wizard can clear 100 with fun self made build -Ice meteor on LoNs
Mean While, my Necro has has to struggle to clear 90(LoN Cursed Scythe)
I also play Necro more and has better gear on him
played the PTR with the blood nova Iron rose thing and it feels weak even in LoN setup with full ancients- 70B blood nova procs vs wizard's 1.6T ice meteor while being tanker than said Necro

/Vent
yeah that blood nova buff is pure trash. so useless
yeah agreed, thorns is my go to for higher pushing and pretty fun but im just disappointed that you pay for the necro and he cant even use sages for season 17
You cannot be wrong more. Necro has one of the fastests solo speedfarming builds (https://youtu.be/DHbTO1peF4w) and team speedfarm (mages), best RGK in game, three S or A tier solo push builds (mages, lances, thorns) and maybe blood nova or old lazymancer with new inarius as B or C tier solo builds (5-10 gr's behind S tier) and a lot more non-meta builds (bone spear, corpse explosion...)
05/05/2019 07:07 AMPosted by Karolek
You cannot be wrong more. Necro has one of the fastests solo speedfarming builds (https://youtu.be/DHbTO1peF4w) and team speedfarm (mages), best RGK in game, three S or A tier solo push builds (mages, lances, thorns) and maybe blood nova or old lazymancer with new inarius as B or C tier solo builds (5-10 gr's behind S tier) and a lot more non-meta builds (bone spear, corpse explosion...)

hey man. what gr i will be capable to push with blood nova siphon build inarius/lon with full 90 augs and 1k paragon?
Necros shine in groups. Run rats or RGK. Solo Blightmancer is probably the best speed GR build. It can go higher then Blightspear linked above but are quote a bit behind the top solo speed classes. LoN Singularity speed might work for S17. The slow solo push builds are fine I guess sense I only play them one percent of the time to get on the leader boards.
05/06/2019 03:05 AMPosted by TaintedFate
05/05/2019 07:07 AMPosted by Karolek

hey man. what gr i will be capable to push with blood nova siphon build inarius/lon with full 90 augs and 1k paragon?

I wonder that myself :) I plan to go push with nova build too.

I saw on yt an easy 93 gr clear with 11k INT in 8 minutes. He could push to 100 though.
So... if you got 90 augs, 1k paragon you might have around 18-20k INT. With such stats we should be able to go into 105-110 range. However, rift guardian fights might be a problem. I am thinking about modifying build by including lance skill for single target.

Despite that I still hope that in a final patch notes for 2.6.5 we will get some further buff to nova weapon. Fingers crossed. A gap between lon singularity mages and lon nova is huge ;/
even with then new Inarius set's buff, pure blood nova auto casting is still just very meh it can do high density maps but once it hit RG it just goes limp. i'm leveling a Mirinae to see if it can help with single target

I'm having much more success with LoN doing cursed scythe and pushed to 103 before deciding i need more int and better gear (currently 16.7k Int only few pieces with 75 aug)

that said, still doesn't change the fact that i have to work so much harder than playing a wizard which did 100 with 0 aug and the only skill i do is literally channel a lazer and no, this is no star pact, its just Lon with a regular meteor shower.

also @Karolek that speedfarm build dies too much to be useful at 90+ ill take my !@#$tly geared DH doing 90 at consistent 4.5 minutes while not being dead
Yeah, I agree, there are a lot of options (Meteor Shower, Imaple) that are easier and more efficent to play than most necro builds, at least in solo play. However, you still have LON singularity mages build that is OP both in solo and groups. You might dislike a playstyle though.

Yes, LON cursed scythe seems to be stronger than LON nova. I saw cursed scythe build doing 130+ groups. However, I also saw LON blood nova doing 125 in a group. Dont remember paragons.

I think that Necro class is in general more challanging than most others. It can be downside for some. For me it is a virtue and motivation for play.
Yeah I dislike the playstyle. All these minions and yet the only thing that's viable for pushing GR is Singularity mage that you have to spam. Hope they read my suggestion I posted and take that into consideration.
Necro is meh indeed to the average players.
But the best necro players reign supreme in the leaderboards.
if you have high paragon its really fun to play both solo and meta runs, so you have to be patient; plus you can still make your Znecro for paragon runs with ratma Lon parties its also good option for collecting Necromancer items. I got too many items and paragons with my Znecro.