Challenge Rift hurts Fresh Start

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Seasons are all about Fresh Starts. And quite frankly, Challenge Rifts are undermining the Season concept.

I propose that we remove Challenge Rift Cache bags from Seasons for the sake of having a pure and true Fresh Start experience.
Don't do it.

Problem solved.
Considering that we have to re-acquire the cube, re-add items to the cube, re-add legendary plans to the artisans, re-level the artisans, etc etc....

I'm actually quite good with having the challenge rift bags available for Seasonal play.

Its up to you if you want to use them for that or not. Or are you mad because you already got one this week and now can't do one after the season starts like many others will?

THAT is more likely the reason for your post. Sorry, but it happens. You can always do the next one, and the one after that, etc etc...

Game on.
05/14/2019 08:55 AMPosted by DonMartin
Don't do it.

Problem solved.
This one put a smile on my face, truly amazing reasoning. Just when you think you have seen it all, along comes . . . . . .
i only play seasons now, but usually get a power lvl on 2nd day of season. Lvling just sucks and i guess getting power lvled also takes away from the fresh start, so we should remove all chat so people cant look for a power lvl . . . . . . . . . . . . .
05/14/2019 09:03 AMPosted by DTMAce
Considering that we have to re-acquire the cube, re-add items to the cube, re-add legendary plans to the artisans, re-level the artisans, etc etc....

I'm actually quite good with having the challenge rift bags available for Seasonal play.

Its up to you if you want to use them for that or not. Or are you mad because you already got one this week and now can't do one after the season starts like many others will?

THAT is more likely the reason for your post. Sorry, but it happens. You can always do the next one, and the one after that, etc etc...

Game on.

Last Season was my first ever Season. And I'm beginning to understand the Fresh Start concept that Seasonal players are always sharing with NS players.

Seasonal players who are seeking the Fresh Start are being robbed of the Fresh Start by CR cache bags. It's just not right.

I'm in support of the Fresh Start just like any other Seasonal player and I'm getting Downvoted for trying to make we don't continue to get robbed of our Fresh Start.

Why?
It IS a fresh start. You begin with literally NOTHING. Don't do the challenge rift and move along your merry fresh starty way. You don't have to do the CR. Ignore it and you have nothing to complain about. ezpz lemon squeezy.....
Looks like someone forgot to wait until the start of the season to complete the Challenge Rift :)
05/14/2019 09:35 AMPosted by DieHarder
Seasonal players who are seeking the Fresh Start are being robbed of the Fresh Start by CR cache bags. It's just not right.

It's entirely up to you whether you collect a Challenge Rift cache on your brand new seasonal hero or not so, if you want a completely fresh start, don't do this.

The only person that could possibly "rob" you of this, is you.
05/14/2019 09:40 AMPosted by Moridin
It IS a fresh start. You begin with literally NOTHING. Don't do the challenge rift and move along your merry fresh starty way. You don't have to do the CR. Ignore it and you have nothing to complain about. ezpz lemon squeezy.....

Everyone is compelled to do CR because it's available to us. CR cache bags are not Fresh Starts, it's far from it.

How can we go around touting Fresh Start to NS player when we not even doing Fresh Starts?

05/14/2019 09:29 AMPosted by Lazybum
i only play seasons now, but usually get a power lvl on 2nd day of season. Lvling just sucks and i guess getting power lvled also takes away from the fresh start, so we should remove all chat so people cant look for a power lvl . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Apples to Oranges. Whoever is power leveling you is also being robbed of a Fresh Start.
Everyone is compelled to do CR because it's available to us.

Maybe if you could tell everyone who is compelling you to complete a challenge rift and collect the reward cache on your seasonal hero against your will we'd be more sympathetic.

Again, the only person who can decide to do this is you.
Take responsibility for your own actions and leave everyone else to theirs.
Seasons are about removing all previous work..... Not about forcing players to solo to 70 on normal in campaign just because.....

The challenge rifts are an optimization, not a requirement. If you wish to compete, you'll do them.... You'll also level the fastest way possible and use the most meta builds...
If you don't want to, you don't have to. The challenge rifts are not a requirement and in no way invalidate the season (that removes PREVIOUS work, not current work).
Well if you can't control your self do it now then you won't have to worry about it on season day.

This game would be better if people spent more time worrying about there own game and not what others are doing .

I see it every season come to the boards people are moaning people have done conquests or have more paragon than them good on them.

It always seems to take me ages to level myself up but they plan play in groups use stash bags etc and for alot of them the first 24 hours is the best part of the season.

So play your way and leave them alone
05/14/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Permajinxed
Seasons are about removing all previous work..... Not about forcing players to solo to 70 on normal in campaign just because.....

The challenge rifts are an optimization, not a requirement. If you wish to compete, you'll do them.... You'll also level the fastest way possible and use the most meta builds...
If you don't want to, you don't have to. The challenge rifts are not a requirement and in no way invalidate the season (that removes PREVIOUS work, not current work).

Not true at all. Your carrying Non-Seasonal element into Seasons.

05/14/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Permajinxed
If you wish to compete, you'll do them....

Exactly. You have to do CR's if you wish to compete. If you remove CR from Seasons then you are no longer compelled to do them in order to compete.
Sounds like you have an impulse control problem. You should really have that looked at.
OP you really need to stop before you get any deeper, you have only played one season, some of the people on this forum have played every season. If you do not want to run the CR, that is up to you, but you need to refrain from dictating to others what they should or should not be doing. Just play solo self found and do your own thing.

Think of it this way, some players are GR fishers, which means that they only run the easy rift and bypass the hard ones. That has no impact on how I play, so why should I care about what they are doing. Other players worship the four person meta, to them it is all about the holy meta. I run mostly solo, so why would I care about what the four person meta is doing. Just chill out and play your way.
OP you really need to stop before you get any deeper, you have only played one season, some of the people on this forum have played every season. If you do not want to run the CR, that is up to you, but you need to refrain from dictating to others what they should or should not be doing. Just play solo self found and do your own thing.

Think of it this way, some players are GR fishers, which means that they only run the easy rift and bypass the hard ones. That has no impact on how I play, so why should I care about what they do. Other players worship the four person meta, to them it is all about the holy meta. I run mostly solo. So why would I care about what the four person meta is doing. Just have chill out and play your way.

I'm not dictating, I'm pointing out the fact that we talk about and are proud about throwing the word "Fresh Start" around when we're not even doing Fresh Starts.

We can't say we are doing Fresh Starts when we're not.

We're on the same side, we want Fresh Starts.

Don't we?
Not true at all. Your carrying Non-Seasonal element into Seasons.

What's seasonal or non-seasonal about challenge rifts? Are you also telling non-seasonal players that if they do a challenge rift they'd be carrying a seasonal element into their non-seasonal play? Because we all know how much they'd hate doing a single second of anything seasonal, right?
05/14/2019 10:18 AMPosted by DieHarder
If you remove CR from Seasons then you are no longer compelled to do them in order to compete.

Not sure where you're finding this compulsion to do CRs. I've done exactly none of them, and it hasn't diminished my Seasonal experience at all.