Challenge Rift hurts Fresh Start

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I think most folks like the fresh start because it gives you the reward of finding upgrades often and being able to find players at your level since everyone is starting new.

Telling the OP to not participate in the CR while most everyone else does will only leave him behind.
05/14/2019 09:07 PMPosted by MerLock
Telling the OP to not participate in the CR while most everyone else does will only leave him behind.

You totally miss the point, not only does he/she not want to run the CR, but he/she does not want you to run it. "I propose that we remove Challenge Rift Cache bags from Seasons." So, you have a choice to make, play the game the way you want to play, or play the way OP wants you to play. If he/she does not want the CR cache bags, more power to him/her. Remember OP has only played 1 out of 16 seasons. I am sure that many people on this forum have played most of the seasons and they know exactly what they are doing. I run mostly solo, so I will always be behind the 4 player groups that play the entire weekend. That is how I run, I never get power leveled. I do not want the game to be changed for everyone just because I like to take my time.
05/14/2019 09:07 PMPosted by MerLock
I think most folks like the fresh start because it gives you the reward of finding upgrades often and being able to find players at your level since everyone is starting new.

Behind who? No one is telling anyone how to play the game. If you don't want to participate on CR which is a mechanic blizzard put in the game then don't. Play the game the way you want to play. If other players want to have a boost start doing CR then do so. People always have everything to complain about, everything will be nerf or taken out until the point where the game isn't fun anymore. You play the game your way where it's "fun" for you. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
05/14/2019 07:01 PMPosted by Oblivion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'd actually be okay with that if they make campaign mode not completely !@#$ in rewards and the story wasn't so dumb.

Personally, I have little issue with the story, of course that's also because I've done the campaign so many times back in vanilla that I'm practically indifferent to it. However, if they did up the rewards in campaign mode, I would gladly choose to do that at the start of a season rather than adventure mode.

Yep, the main issue is the crap reward. I would love that if Blizzard would make a final hurray patch for D3, it would be making campaign relevant again as an alternative endgame mode to adventure. Make the bosses deadlier, but grant them higher chances to drop primals. Make boss run a thing again. Make it so that at higher torment difficulty, there are more elite packs spawning.

Edit: Of course scaled accordingly so that campaign mode during levelling is also not a complete waste of time.
well i agree with op
fresh start is not a fresh start when you get multiplier legendary right away like directly from level 1 for some classes and one-shotting everything till level 70 and actually after that too
its not a fresh start, its a joke

those who tell op "just dont do cr" are trolls and should be banned permanently from the forum
05/14/2019 09:53 AMPosted by DieHarder
Apples to Oranges. Whoever is power leveling you is also being robbed of a Fresh Start.

This concerns you why? As many have pointed out already, simply ignore the cache and bask in your fresh start goodness. I personally like it because 1-70 is a tedious chore, and this helps speed it up.
05/14/2019 10:21 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
05/14/2019 09:53 AMPosted by DieHarder
Apples to Oranges. Whoever is power leveling you is also being robbed of a Fresh Start.

This concerns you why? As many have pointed out already, simply ignore the cache and bask in your fresh start goodness. I personally like it because 1-70 is a tedious chore, and this helps speed it up.

1-70 is a tedius chore?
i bet you havent leveled a character in path of exile
if you dont like to level then dont play on seasons. you want that wings? then shut the !@#$ up and show some dedication.

developers also should implement xp penalty for parties with different para/levels, so it would be impossible to boost another char to 70 lvl in 10 minutes

instant gratification squad is on the move
Some of use are only after the wings and stash tab so we want to get through it as fast as possible. Gettin tired of auging the same build over and over. This season gona be the worse teaser
of all, once its done you`ll be left with not the great build ya had.
05/14/2019 09:00 PMPosted by speedyraptor
Despite how much the OP is being downvoted, he is completely correct.

Free challenge rift bags at level 1 are undermining the Season concept of a fresh start. You get get free level 70 weapons with 30-40 reduced item level, free gambling for legendary items and free cube powers.

That being said, I don't care about a purely fresh start. I like the idea of free challenge rift bags to get to 70 as soon as possible and disagree with removing it.

05/14/2019 10:16 PMPosted by TaintedFate
well i agree with op
fresh start is not a fresh start when you get multiplier legendary right away like directly from level 1 for some classes and one-shotting everything till level 70 and actually after that too

those who tell op "just dont do cr" are trolls and should be banned permanently from the forum

Ain't that the truth.

This is what it come down to:

Seasonal players say they love the Fresh Start, but they in fact don't, because they want to get past 1-70 ASAP (because it's monotonous). I try to better there Fresh Start by removing CR and they go in an uproar.

I deduce that Seasonal players can no longer say that they enjoy Seasond because of the Fresh Start (like me) and if they do, they're lying.
05/15/2019 11:27 AMPosted by DieHarder
05/14/2019 09:00 PMPosted by speedyraptor
Despite how much the OP is being downvoted, he is completely correct.

Free challenge rift bags at level 1 are undermining the Season concept of a fresh start. You get get free level 70 weapons with 30-40 reduced item level, free gambling for legendary items and free cube powers.

That being said, I don't care about a purely fresh start. I like the idea of free challenge rift bags to get to 70 as soon as possible and disagree with removing it.

05/14/2019 10:16 PMPosted by TaintedFate
well i agree with op

Ain't that the truth.

This is what it come down to:

Seasonal players say they love the Fresh Start, but they in fact don't, because they want to get past 1-70 ASAP (because it's monotonous). I try to better there Fresh Start by removing CR and they go in an uproar.

I deduce that Seasonal players can no longer say that they enjoy Seasond because of the Fresh Start (like me) and if they do, they're lying.

Cool story bro. Play smarter not harder.
05/14/2019 11:31 PMPosted by TaintedFate
1-70 is a tedius chore?
i bet you havent leveled a character in path of exile
if you dont like to level then dont play on seasons. you want that wings? then shut the !@#$ up and show some dedication.

In PoE items and skills you build as you level up actually mean something, In D3, everything you do in that 1-70 chore is effectively useless. And yeah, I've leveled several characters in PoE. It's essentially just a predefined unlock template nobody really feels any reward from past the first time, because you're not actually building anything, but simply filling a checklist. It's always been that way, and it's actually one of the reasons that led to the implementation of paragon levels.

If you think replaying that irrelevant chore is "dedication", then have at it, but don't pretend it's not an exercise in futility.

developers also should implement xp penalty for parties with different para/levels, so it would be impossible to boost another char to 70 lvl in 10 minutes

Because power leveling was never a thing before, right? Hell, it's been a thing since D1, and that's perfectly fine. Just because you seem to drive some sense of accomplishment from doing an irrelevant chore doesn't mean options should be removed for those that don't mind skipping it. Maybe you should try going outside for a change? It may put things into perspective.

Btw, I rarely get powerleveled. I usually start as soon as the season starts. Doesn't mean the chore is fulfilling in the very least, though. Does that make you feel better, champ?

I try to better there Fresh Start by removing CR and they go in an uproar.

You're not trying to make anything better here, chief. You just want to impose your personal taste on everyone else and act like you're doing everyone a favor. Very different things.

I try to better there Fresh Start by removing CR and they go in an uproar.

You're not trying to make anything better here, chief. You just want to impose your personal taste on everyone else and act like you're doing everyone a favor. Very different things.

hahahahahaha

I deduce that you know nothing about all the seasonal players. Everyone does their own thing. Some take their time, others are hitting level 70 in under an HOUR. I will be happy plodding along at level... hell 40 something and get the ding that the level 70 was hit or someone did something else first.

I go "cool" and play on. This whole thread strongly smells of jealousy or envy. Or you are simply trying to be Mr Self Righteous. You are not in the position to tell the MAJORITY how they can play.

I can safely say that most of the Seasonal players actually don't mind having CRs to do when the season starts. As soon as the Season opens, I go straight to the CR, do it real quick, then decide what character I want to play, empty it, rebirth it, and boom! Season starts!

There is nothing wrong with starting with nothing. But there is also nothing wrong with starting with something.

Game on.
Seasons make me feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog's dog and be nice if you can just start at 70 with rares on.I just do the seasons for pets,wings and bounties because once season starts no one ques for non season characters.
05/14/2019 09:35 AMPosted by DieHarder
I'm in support of the Fresh Start just like any other Seasonal player and I'm getting Downvoted for trying to make we don't continue to get robbed of our Fresh Start.

I am shaking my head at your most incredibly ignorant thought.

You don't have to watch p*o*r*n on your computer.

Noone is making you watch p*o*r*n on your computer.

It is a choice you make or don't make in watching or not watching p*o*r*n on your computer.

In a Diablo III Season start, noone is making you do a CR to start the new season!

So please don't ruin it for those of us that enjoy the process starting with a CR!
He's obviously trolling at this point and refusing to listen to reason. Quite frankly, I hope he gets his account banned again.
If you really want this ti happen you'll need to do a few things first.

A) get a community formed around this idea.
B) get that community popular.
C) THEN campaign to 'add' your idea to the rest of us.

(That should keep 'em busy for awhile)

Stop being ignorant with the "should".

Correct grammer and intent is this version:
"I would like developers to implement an xp penalty......."

It doesn't work to speak for Blizzard or someone else:
speak for yourself... own your words!
05/14/2019 08:55 AMPosted by DonMartin
Don't do it.

Problem solved.
+1