I do NOT understand this season

General Discussion
What is the point of giving out set pieces if you cant use them for the LON buff.

You ca do a LON build without the season buff. None of this makes sense to me.

So if i make a LON build will it stack with the season buff.
it opens up ring slots. Plus you can use the set to acquire pieces faster. No LoN rings will not stack
2 free ring slots is the only advantage i see
2 free ring slots on some classes are huge.
Necromancer and Wizards can take a huge advantage of this.
Because, maybe no one cares about the LoN buff?
It takes quite a long while to get a suitable set of LoN gear anyway...so use the green set to farm that gear. Makes perfect sense to me?
05/17/2019 07:12 PMPosted by kwittstruck
2 free ring slots on some classes are huge.
Necromancer and Wizards can take a huge advantage of this.

Witch doctors too.
I don't understand what the OP is going on about. Anyone who has experience with this game should understand the whole LON season.

A lot of players thought it would be cool to have this. Blizzard actually "LISTENED" to the community and yes it is a good idea.

The only downside is they did put it out before making sure every class was covered with some new builds to play with, but you can't have it all. They would of had to delay the season even more to do this.

OP: Look up power creep. Learn how it works and then apply it to D3. That is exactly how D3 works. You build your character up with the goal of keeping on getting stronger. Want to take advantage of the LON buff, use a thing called "Google" or "Youtube" and look up Rhykkers S17 video. Unfortunately not all classes have "Super high Grift Tier" LON builds, but who cares? Have fun with it. You are not going to be #1 so get rid of this misconception of having to always do the BEST Build.
05/17/2019 07:22 PMPosted by nibz
Because, maybe no one cares about the LoN buff?

The only reason me and my friends come back to D3 once in a while is if they come up with an interesting seasonal buff...

Why would noone care? Its literally the ONLY thing keeping the game just a little bit fresh
It's fun to have LoN as a variable end game play.

The set pieces acquired from the season's gift can tide over some parts before you managed to assemble the LoN pieces.
What's so hard to understand? You get the LoN buff without having to equip the rings. And you can still wear set items as long as they don't give you a set bonus.
One need not understand, one just plays.
05/18/2019 07:35 AMPosted by MerLock
One need not understand, one just plays.

Or not.