Just saw the conquests for seasonal journey...

General Discussion
And it killed it. Cant do these. I can maybe do the thrill. Motivation gone. Why these insane roadblocks? Why not reward time and grinding instead of something I will have to beg for help with because my build is not fast enough or I have enough time to level up and grind 2 chars?

Glad I at least got the stickman I had from before :/
You know, you can complete a Season with both a Normal and a Hardcore Character. If you mainly play Normal Characters, have that one get their free Set. Do Avarice and The Thrill. Then create a Seasonal Hardcore Character to farm decent Legendary items to do the Super Human Conquest. And you'll have the LoN Season bonus to help with that. (That's if you want to complete the Guardian Chapter). If you're only interested in getting your extra Stash Tab you won't even have to create a Hardcore Character.

(Just a suggestion).
Ignore it like I do.
roadblock, LOL. These conquests are the same as they were in season 15 they rotate every season, some are easier than others but if you only need 3 for the journey they are completely doable and you honestly do not need to grind a 2nd toon at all, just play your main and spend shards on the 2nd. And use the cube to upgrade gear.

Lets not give up before we even try, thats just being lazy and entitled.
This season is literally the easiest to do conquests with than ever before. Farm up some ancient items (not set items, good old oranges) and then dominate GR45 with your free LoN buff. Seriously it's super easy. Conquests haven't changed since like 14 seasons ago, back when the powercurve was significantly less than it is now.

You can do it. I am confident in your ability to do it.
What is with all this complaining? There are always at least three that are easy for each season, even for solo play. The Thrill is a cakewalk with the SoN bonus. Avarice has always been an easy one to do. Years of War is easy too: it took me little over 3 hours to level up an alt and collect two sets to do GR55.

In total, it took me about 27 hours total gameplay to finish Guardian completely solo this season. Even if you spread that out over a few months, it is a piece of cake to do.
The Thrill, Averice, Years of War.

Those 3 are the easiest to do and can be done early on in the season.

The Thrill is the easiest, ull do that through normal progression.

Averice can be done either passively (as long as u have the Hoarder gem equipped) doing T16's, or you can go old school and purposely aim for it doing a T10-13 Corvus run.

Years of War can be one with just 2 characters. Use ur main to farm gear for 3/4 sets and run those, get a Gem of ease leveled and a keep hold of a good 2h weapon, then level an alt.
Play that alt long enough to collect 2/3 sets, even just 5 pieces + RORG will do, equip them, slap together some other random gear and run the GR.

With sets buffed the way they are you dont need the right stats or even the preferred weapon or other gear requirements for a specific set build to be able to complete the required Gr lvl.
"Insane roadblock". LOL.

"Mom, why can't I just be handed stuff that other people get for putting in a little time and effort? Why should I have to do what they do? It's not fair!"
I'll do "The Thrill"--easy with Krysbinn's, CoE, and either the gloves that boost CE or the shoulders that boost Corpse spines. *DH with Yang's and Bombarier's Rucksack and Dead Man's Legacy should be able to get 'er done too ;)

"Years of War"--easy with Inarius, Rathma's, and Pestilence for necro, and UE, Marauder's, and Shadow's for DH...

...and Avarice--did it before on T 13 with a maxed Boon of Hoarder, and it should be easier now if you can kill fast enough on T 14 to 16 (more gold in drops)

Marauder's with 5 sentries and all the right support legendaries can also do the higher speed rift challenges too.

**btw, Inarius has an EASY set dungeon to master--got it on the first try the last THREE seasons ;)
05/23/2019 06:18 PMPosted by PDMangler
...and Avarice--did it before on T 13 with a maxed Boon of Hoarder, and it should be easier now if you can kill fast enough on T 14 to 16 (more gold in drops)

There is a way to cheat this conquest -- stack enough Horadric Cache, dismiss your pet and open all the boxes at once ^^.
05/23/2019 03:22 PMPosted by Perusoe
You know, you can complete a Season with both a Normal and a Hardcore Character. If you mainly play Normal Characters, have that one get their free Set. Do Avarice and The Thrill. Then create a Seasonal Hardcore Character to farm decent Legendary items to do the Super Human Conquest. And you'll have the LoN Season bonus to help with that. (That's if you want to complete the Guardian Chapter). If you're only interested in getting your extra Stash Tab you won't even have to create a Hardcore Character.

(Just a suggestion).

This is what i have done & I got my new wings now!
Actually, I found this seasons conquest very doable. The thrill is much easier now with the LoN free buff. Just put together some ancient items and bam.

Avarice is very doable. Just go do about 10 split T13 bounties (fewer if you do it at higher torments) and open them all up at once and bam... done. Even if you do one split bounty a day, that's just 10 days.

Do GR 55 with 6 different sets. Again, with the previous set buffs, this is very doable. Just run low level GRs and spend shards on gear and you'll end up with all the set items for a class. Get a power level for a second character and repeat. Bam... done.

Other than split bounties and a power level from a friend, I pretty much played this season solo and got the conquests done.
I just finished all my objectives early yesterday morning to obtain my 13th stash tab and cool Galactic wings (6 days total), mostly soloing (I did a few public Torment 16 runs to push over 600 paragon faster), and I'm like the worst Diablo 3 player out there. Usually I'll take my time and do it in 5 or 6 weeks. This time I decided to do it in less than a week.

If I can do it so can you! It's quite easy if you merely focus on your best character. For me it's the Demon Hunter. Soloing a level 55 greater rift with 4 Demon Hunter sets is cake. I find it rather easy with Unhallowed Essence, Shadow, Natalya's and Marauder. The Marauder set dungeon is a one time pass for me every time. For me it's the second easiest in the game after IK set dungeon.

So from there I needed two more full sets to complete the 6 sets at GR 55. Just hopped onto to a barbarian and was easy to gamble the full IK set and Wrath of Wastes set. Easy peesy passes. The GR 45 with no set items is basically a freebie with the season buff, and the Avarice is easy to do even without the legendary gem. I just saved all my Torment X or higher bounties (50 cache boxes total) and disable my pet. Open them all near the stash, re-equip your pet and bingo! You get the Avarice Conquest.

This Season 17 was quite easy for a solo player like me that only plays the Demon Hunter and Barbarian. I was worried it would be challenging because I play Heroes of the Storm daily. and I thought I'd have trouble finishing everything in three months. I did it in less than a week! LOL, so yeah, just give it a little effort and you're fine. In the time you may complain you can be in the game getting things done at an rather fast pace.

So now I have my 13th stash tab and Galactic wings. I can already chill and relax until Season 18 starts. In fact today I played my off-season Demon Hunter with her primal ancient weapon because there's nothing else to do this season. I still need to farm a primal ancient hellfire amulet with 100 % critical hit damage on my off-season Demon Hunter. She still needs gear upgrades in most slots other than weapon.

I feel free to do as I please. I can play Heroes of the Storm daily and also my off-season Demon Hunter. I think I'm going to stop playing Season 17 already. Not much I want to grind on there. I'd rather play my off-season Demon Hunter because my primal ancient weapon makes it night and day when pushing higher greater rifts. And the odds I'll find a primal ancient weapon during Season 17 is slim to none.

TL:DR version: I used to be the OP a couple years ago. Once I learned how to play two character classes (Demon Hunter and Barbarian) everything became a breeze. Play what you're good at and you can knock this out in a week or less. The people that do it in a day or two probably play in a group. Even that's possible. But for me six days is quite fast the way I play. Mostly soloing a little each day. 500 to 600 paragon is all I need.

If I can do it as the worst D3 player surely anybody can!
05/23/2019 03:12 PMPosted by Bubba
And it killed it. Cant do these. I can maybe do the thrill. Motivation gone. Why these insane roadblocks? Why not reward time and grinding instead of something I will have to beg for help with because my build is not fast enough or I have enough time to level up and grind 2 chars?

Glad I at least got the stickman I had from before :/

Conquests difficult hahahaha. What a great laugh
GR55 with 6 different sets. Just basically playing should aquire even poorly rolled set pieces and GR55 with powercreep is childsplay now
Set Dungeons. - Even a blind man could do these with how water down they are
Avarice - Achieved by just playing
The Thrill - With LoN buff a piece of cake

You have no grounds to complain here
I'm already wondering when Season 18's theme will be released? LOL, I don't want to become one of those people asking for the next season so fast but that's how easy Season 17 actually was. And I'm saying that as somebody who always felt challenged in past seasons as the worst D3 player out there.

I'm super excited for a 14th stash tab and some extra goodies for Season 18. I love Diablo 3. I'm logging into the game at nearly 1 AM just to play my off-season Demon Hunter a little a bit. I could also play Heroes of the Storm or a little DIablo 2 for nostalgia. Because I was able to finish Season 17 so much faster than I anticipated I have the next three months (or however long this season will last) to play anything I want.

Having that freedom feels nice. Thank you D3 devs!
The Thrill - Even with a couple of junk ancients this becomes so easy it almost feels like cheating.

Avarice - There are multiple methods to do this. One of the easiest although a bit time consuming methods is to gather bunch of bounty caches and opening them at once.

Years of War - Doing GR55 with 6 different sets is hardly a challenge. Gathering the sets is going to be more troublesome than the conquest itself.

05/23/2019 10:57 PMPosted by DreamTeam
I'm super excited for a 14th stash tab and some extra goodies for Season 18.

There won't be 14th tab unfortunately.
05/24/2019 01:43 AMPosted by Kirottu
05/23/2019 10:57 PMPosted by DreamTeam
I'm super excited for a 14th stash tab and some extra goodies for Season 18.
There won't be 14th tab unfortunately.
Currently... that is correct.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Maximum Stash Tabs
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Diablo III = 4 Stash Tabs
Reaper of Souls = + 2 Stash Tabs
Rise of the Necromancer = + 2 Stash Tabs
Complete Conqueror Chapter in 5 Seasons = + 5 Stash Tabs
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Total current = 13 Stash Tabs
Why do people say there won't be a 14th stash tab for Season 18? That would be a big drawback and would receive negative reaction from most of you, including myself, that I'd probably not play Season 18 at all if that happened. Unless there were some cool wings or pets I don't have yet.

No stash tab in Season 18 would make me want to play the new season of Diablo 2 for nostalgia instead, even though I already overplayed that game from the summer of 2000 to 2013, and some various times from 2014 to 2019. That would be funny if I were playing a nearly 20 year old game because it was still that good and brought back some smiles of my teenage years.

I'm mostly playing Heroes of the Storm right now, spending money on it also (just bought $50 dollars of more gems on HoTS), so I'm still supporting Blizzard as best I can. I still love Diablo though. It's my first love and always will be. I'm just glad I have all the max stash tabs on Diablo 3 for now. If I want to make every character class at some point I think I can manage better with 13 than the 8 or so that I had last year. I had just purchased the Necromancer pack last year at this time. I was still in denial with Marvel Heroes Omega shutting down in November 2017. It took me a while to come back to Diablo 3 so a lot of the content was still new to me. Like the beautiful galactic wings and the cool pet we got this season.
People usually wants to help. While some conquests are harder, every season, as a CASUAL player, I get them done.

Avarice = do bounty runs. Save caches and open them at once without a pet etc. Look at a guide. Easy and you will need the materials anyway. I did this in around an hour..
The rest is doable as well. Have someone powerlevel a second character or on Hc, gear it up. Do lvl 55 grift and on your main with 6 sets.

Just to be clear. I am a very casual player, never really pushed beyond 80ish grift levels..
And sunday I did them all. Completed all.
I wish the game felt hard for me.