Why even end this PTR tomorrow?

PTR Feedback
We clearly need more testing time, clearly changes are going to be made, so let us test those changes? And with at the very minimum 3 weeks out from S17 why not extend it till May 3rd? What's the rush? Do the devs truly have all the data they need in the next 24 hours or less? I have my doubts.

I mean it is better than one week of PTR, but that's when there wasn't so many bugged sets / not working modifiers that just got fixed a few days ago, over nerfs, over buffs, ect.
Agree.

I came back to PTR yesterday and found my character had been deleted. I started again as a DH now I'm still working on my gems, not even close to new set GR test.
04/25/2019 02:05 PMPosted by ShadowFiend
Agree.

I came back to PTR yesterday and found my character had been deleted. I started again as a DH now I'm still working on my gems, not even close to new set GR test.

Well although it would be nice to test more how the season is going to go, they don't necessarily need that data. What they do need however is all the recent changes and more of how the item buffs / set buffs are preforming from copied characters and I just feel there's no way they have a full picture of that with such few days of testing, that's why I think there's no harm in extending it another week to see the full working picture of the changes, and hell maybe even more surprise changes early next week to test?
I agree. The Rapid Fire change, for example, most likely needs some additional tweaks or the devs risk pushing out an under-performing or incomplete change that will end up getting ignored, thus wasted dev time.
I entirely agree. Even if some tests has already been done, the period of testing feels too short.

However, maybe some twinks could be added and some values revisited. (Blessed Shields, a little Barb item tweak, Inarius for examples)

But I must said I was gladly surprised with this PTR, it feels like you hear us more than usual, with some communication. Even if some improvements are possible, we must notice the progress. Keep it this way, I feel we can maybe reach to full potential of DIII! :)
There is a point where we have to set a deadline and follow it, to make sure we wrap up all our internal testing, run hardware tests to make sure everything's still good for our benchmarks, and get our release clients built, tested, and verified with external partners (console).

The great thing is that this won't be our last PTR. Or Season. Or Patch. :) We have some plans for the future and there's always a little wiggle room on making adjustments as-needed. Hotfixes are possible if they're necessary, though we try to avoid that as to not muck with the Leaderboards too much.

So, we're listening (and I'm trying to be better about making that abundantly clear and more obvious). But we can't keep PTR up forever. At some point, we have to move forward so that what we're working on can get in your hands for live play.
04/26/2019 03:21 PMPosted by Nevalistis
There is a point where we have to set a deadline and follow it, to make sure we wrap up all our internal testing, run hardware tests to make sure everything's still good for our benchmarks, and get our release clients built, tested, and verified with external partners (console).

The great thing is that this won't be our last PTR. Or Season. Or Patch. :) We have some plans for the future and there's always a little wiggle room on making adjustments as-needed. Hotfixes are possible if they're necessary, though we try to avoid that as to not muck with the Leaderboards too much.

So, we're listening (and I'm trying to be better about making that abundantly clear and more obvious). But we can't keep PTR up forever. At some point, we have to move forward so that what we're working on can get in your hands for live play.

I understand, will try to have faith in what data they've gotten from the 2 weeks then and well thanks for the response and thanks for at least delaying PTR shutdown by another week. So guess we're officially shutting down tonight then for realsies this time. It's been a blast, now the real wait begins!

You definitely have been listening and responding (blue text going wild!), looking forward to the future plans y'all have in store for us!

Good to speak about leaderbord i know you can't do really something about that but do you know if any HUGE ban wave is coming for the end of the season because this is so ridiculous some player have 2000 hours ( it's not even possible for a real human )on this seasons and letting them do what they want with 0 risk in back because no ban wave this is the end of the next season.
The great thing is that this won't be our last PTR. Or Season. Or Patch. :) We have some plans for the future and there's always a little wiggle room on making adjustments as-needed.

I saw your reply in the Rapid Fire thread, thank you. Will definitely put my suggestions there.
Glad to hear new things are still coming for D3. There are a ton of skills and runes and items that can use some love.
If D4 is going to be some time away from launch such as 2022 for example, this is a long wait to go gives a lot of time for buffs to some fav skills. If say it launches late 2020 then I understand the dev team may not want to put work into updating skills. Here's hoping though.
Enjoyed it thankyou for the extra week it was fun :)
There is a point where we have to set a deadline and follow it

The initial deadline for the PTR to end was the 12th of March.
A week after it should have ended, the end was extended to the 26th of March.
If you want us to believe deadlines you set, perhaps you should stick to them.

So when can we expect some Barb buffs? Season 18? Season 19? Season 27? Stop leaving barbs to be Zdps and actually do something about it. Just because none of the devs mainly play barb, doesn't mean they can't buff the class and understand "hey these numbers work/don't work" and if they can't do that, maybe they shouldn't be a developer for Blizzard Entertainment. Simple as that.

Or, here's an idea: READ the barb posts on the PTR forums. You're bringing in a season that doesn't affect AN ENTIRE CLASSand have failed to mention anything pertaining to buffs for them.

Quite honestly, I'm not even sure WHY you guys have PTR for Diablo 3 anymore. Considering devs NEVER seem to listen to issues. And when they do, it's cherry picked buffs/nerfs for specific things. There's no actual game development going on, just minor adjustments to make already powerful classes more powerful. Dev's shouldn't even hold the title of "developer" at this point.
The great thing is that this won't be our last PTR. Or Season. Or Patch. :)

OH YEAAAAAH! :D
We have some plans for the future and there's always a little wiggle room on making adjustments as-needed.

can't wait :)

Understandable. However, not having many items and builds available for testing until the last 3 days of PTR really puts a strain on us testers.

Also, please look into Quality of Life (QoL) for PTR testing.
  • Why shouldn't we get infinite bounty, keys, organs, and other materials on PTR (at least non-season)?
  • Why can't we freely set affixes at the mystic?
  • Provide us with +Min-Max weapons and items! Or perhaps, allow an option on any weapon or offhand to alter the range to similar. I don't have a lot of these for testing damage values, and they make it so much easier to do.
  • Target dummies for on hit, respawnable test mobs for on kill mechanics. Groups of target density that easily respawn or have high health values for testing density mechanics (Pain Enhancer / Area Damage)?
  • Roll shards at D'jank meim for guaranteed ancients / primals?
  • Why can't we create any legendary gem we want to test certain power level builds?
  • Why isn't there a paragon cap (perhaps 2500 to 3000 paragon) on PTR to better compare clears?
  • Why not give everyone the same paragon level on PTR non-season?

Over the course of the PTR I had to spend many hours rerolling affixes, configuring and saving builds in the armory, leveling main and augment gems.

That's time that I could have spent on testing, living, or resting.

And I understand the argument - if you change PTR build too much, it's not testing live as accurately, but surely some of these can be implemented or put in without affecting the testing (for example with the materials, perhaps give non-season infinite materials, but have seasonal PTR still restrained, so that that feature is still tested fully).

-----

By the way thank you for assisting as much as possible, D3 is one of my favorite things in life, and I love to help out with testing on the PTR.
w

I understand, will try to have faith in what data they've gotten from the 2 weeks then and well thanks for the response and thanks for at least delaying PTR shutdown by another week. So guess we're officially shutting down tonight then for realsies this time. It's been a blast, now the real wait begins!

You definitely have been listening and responding (blue text going wild!), looking forward to the future plans y'all have in store for us!

04/26/2019 03:27 PMPosted by MasterJay

I understand, will try to have faith in what data they've gotten from the 2 weeks

Oh dear... I can hear the heart breaking from 2 weeks ptr away. I really really advice anyone to reserve as much faith as you can because well history does repeat itself. In this case, quite a lot. Don't mean to be negative just objective.
The great thing is that this won't be our last PTR. Or Season. Or Patch. :)

Can we assume then that Reaper of Souls is the last expansion, since it was not mentioned on this list of things to come?

Edit: please, tell me that i'm wrong.