S17 1 extra Stash tab?!

General Discussion
I can not believe my own eyes. I just read through the Season 17 announcement and faced this sentence.
" The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 5 (PC Only). "
So let me get this right. After all of the discussions you came to conclusion to add 1 extra gated stash tab?! one?!
You can only get 1 extra stash tab per season anyway so what's the problem? It's not like when we had the 4 added that you got them all at once.
Technically they only need to add one this season because that is all you would of got anyway.
For all you know they could be working on whatever issues came up in the PTR and when the season after the next one add another stash tab and you wil be getting the stash tabs at the same speed
If they didn't add any stash tabs at all then you can complain and the same if they don't add any stash tabs to season 18
But to complain about being able to get 1 stash tab for season 17 when you would of only get 1 stash tab regardless of how many is available all up is just idiotic
I'm hopeful there will be another stash tab added to Season 18, 19, 20 and so on... All we were going to get for Season 17 was one extra stash tab so the clarification isn't needed on their part. Let's enjoy Season 17 and go with the flow.

I play Heroes of the Storm daily so I'm going to see if I can partake in a couple hours of Diablo 3 every day during Season 17, while still completing my daily quests on HoTS. If I keep a slow and steady pace per day I'm sure I'll finish all my seasonal journey soloing and having a ton of fun doing so.

During Season 16 I had just maximized my stash tabs and earned my fourth extra seasonal stash tab. So for me the 5th one coming up for Season 17 is excellent timing. It's as if the Diablo 3 Devs read my mind. I'm not complaining at all. I just need to balance my time between two Blizzard games at once. And I've been sick this past week so I need to find some energy as best I can.
Language is language: "up to a maximum of five".
Unfortunatelly ACHILLES is right...

sob, sob, sob...
Just be thankful you can cap off before a year and a half now.
One is too much.
1/4 is better, so after 4 seasons we'll have one (whole).
I hope servers can deal with that. If not. Perhaps 1/8 ?!?! Or even better - 1/12. That is one stash tab per year, so we can celebrate "stash tab day" like it's new year eve.
Lol. One stash tab. What am i suppose to do with that large amount of empty space ?!?! Lol.
Since we can only get 1 tab per season anyway, this is no big deal. I would imagine that they will figure out how to make it work better and allow another one next season and so on....

I'm happy to get another one!
Yeah, 1 stash tab per season is just fine with me!
I have an alternate interpretation. The preceding sentence talks about people who've been doing all of the seasons and getting to Conqueror each time.

Their announcement of the new stash tab(s) could have been worded as "and you get another chance to earn one in Season 17", but instead it talks about raising an internal limit. Why is that?

One interpretation could be that if you have previous Conqueror levels that didn't earn a stash tab then you'll get one as soon as the season opens?

If they raised the limit all the way to 9 at once then the system may grant people who have been earning Conqueror in all of the seasons several tabs at once which they've indicated might overwhelm their system. So, by raising it by 1 for the next 5 seasons they can both back-grant tabs, and still do them one by one...?
@flatbear @OverdOse

Nevalistis posted in another thread that the new stash tabs would be limited to 5 season gated stash tabs. They tested more and it caused too many issues. As of now, we are not getting 9season-gated stash tabs unless by some chance they can fix their technical problems that they blame largely but not exclusively on client-side issues. (i.e., some people need better computers so we all suffer.)
I believe Blizzard clearly stated that, for those of us who have already unlocked all of the prior Seasonal stash tabs, there will only be one additional stash tab to unlock in the foreseeable future. Blizzard even provided an explanation for why that would be.
In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we ultimately had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019#pqol

It sucks. However, one additional stash tab is better than no additional stash tabs.
05/11/2019 10:33 AMPosted by MicroRNA
They tested more and it caused too many issues

This is not true at all.

There were no issues with the 5 extra tabs in PTR.

The only issue is that because D3 is an old game, Acti-Blizz finance boss nixxed the deal on raising D3 servers to handle it.

Essentially, no more money is to be spent on D3 physical servers.
For those who were not fully understood whats happening. We are actually only getting 1 extra stash tab and not 1 per season.

Nevalistis:
"In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we ultimately had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now."
"Seems we may have gone from 5 extra spaces available immediately for gold, to 5 extra spaces available over the next 5 seasons, to only 1 extra space available this season and no more thereafter..."

05/10/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Nevalistis
<span class="truncated">...</span>
It's 5. If you already have the max stash tabs you only get 1 more stash tab for a total of 5.

This is correct. After PTR, we continued testing and tweaking and could not meet a satisfactory quality game experience with the initially planned number of additional tabs. As a result, we had to further reduce the amount being added.

We communicated too early before we were fully confident in the proposed change. In many cases, this is often why we're more quiet than proactive about potential future changes; we generally wait until we're past a high percentage of certainty because we don't want to have to backtrack if something happens and we can't deliver. This is a perfect example of that, and we got ahead of ourselves on this one out of our own excitement.

As I'm an eternal optimist and want to make the best of any situation, on the plus side, there were a lot of areas for improvement in regards to our communication pipelines that were highlighted by this situation. We're taking full advantage of those lessons to improve overall, so we can meet in a happy medium where we're communicating clearly, transparently, and confidently.
05/10/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Achilles
I can not believe my own eyes. I just read through the Season 17 announcement and faced this sentence.
" The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 5 (PC Only). "
So let me get this right. After all of the discussions you came to conclusion to add 1 extra gated stash tab?! one?!
As much as I hate the tabs locked behind seasons I have to force myself again to do it.
Well, the 'how many stash tabs do you need, ya Hoarders', crowd will be happy. I'm not, but hey, I get ONE MORE next season. Wow, all that extra space, what will I do?
If you actually read, it was stated that Adding 5tabs out right would break everything. People would immediately fill them up with all sorts of junk, the games would start to lag more and eventually the servers would crash.

Its simple computer physics, Everything you do and Store on a system requires a certain amount of Memory, if you start to fill that memory regardless of how fast the system can no longer process information.

So quit your petty "gimmie gimmie" bs whining and be thankful that they are finally adding something, Eventually you will get another 5tabs, but they need to increases it slowly so they can make sure the systems and your own PC can handle it.

How is this any different then the previous seasons!? We have always "Only Got One" per season. Your argument is null and void. Kudos on being passionate about something though.
Im not into computers but im pretty sure they could add 45 stash tabs and the game wouldn't break. It's because they feel the gameplay gets worse so we ain't getting them.
We've already got one large topic on this already; please refer to the several posts I've made there for additional information.

Remember you can click the "Blizz" next post button in the upper right to go straight to each official post.