Looks like 2.6.5 balance is broken again.

General Discussion
Long live Archon wizards omegalul pathetic wheel continues.
Who cares if Vyr/Chantado is great now? It's a nice change considering every wiz and their dog was Starpact.
Also, keep in mind that this is on NS, with insane paragon and full augments.

Vyr set on its own was pretty bad still, even with the set buffs that came in S16. It's nice to see Archon making a return (even if a lot of the dmg is coming from a weapon set).

I'd much rather see other sets/classes/builds buffed to wizard level of dmg.

WW barbs and MotE sets need some love still
Trag'oul set is still not that great
LoN mages or Corpse Lance are better than Pest/Rathma
I believe monks still have under-performing sets?
Akkhan set is so low barely any skills work with it. Even new Blessed Shield buff does not do much.

All of these could use some work then maybe we'd see the leaderboards and 4-man meta changed up some more.
Not to mention the plethora of other legendary items, that if tweaked a little, could make a difference in build diversity.
05/15/2019 06:45 AMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
05/15/2019 03:56 AMPosted by Steve
That's like having twenty bamboo sticks and having weights on all the ends, and using like a Kilogram weights to try and balance it. "2kg here. Christ that was too heavy. Let's take a kg off. Now it's not heavy enough! Well close enough."

Balances can only work if they are incremental over time bringing all builds up to very close to the top build. It's how any normal person with a brain would try to balance some scales.

I’m sure they could obviously do better if they actually played the game or communicated with those that do.

That being said they are essentially attempting to balance astronomically heavy weights on an astronomically short balance beam. They have a shallow game with a multiplicative damage calculation with huge power creeped numbers with very little manpower.

Would hate to be them.

Exactly. It's just way too difficult to balance it properly and they don't have the time or money to do the work that should have been done years ago.
I am causal player and just have cleared as wiz chantodo 118 in 10 minutes at 1200 paragon, first try, easy mode. I think it is S tier build. So strong. I do not say that it should be nerfed, but I would say that other builds should be futher buffed.

On the one hand I am happy that they improved it, but at the same time it is much less interesting to play other, much weaker classes or builds when you have at your disposal such a strong and efficent build.

However, despite that, I will push with blood nova necro in s17 :) Hate meta builds.
I am causal player and just have cleared as wiz chantodo 118 in 10 minutes at 1200 paragon, first try, easy mode. I think it is S tier build. So strong. I do not say that it should be nerfed, but I would say that other builds should be futher buffed.

On the one hand I am happy that they improved it, but at the same time it is much less interesting to play other, much weaker classes or builds when you have at your disposal such a strong and efficent build.

However, despite that, I will push with blood nova necro in s17 :) Hate meta builds.

No, this is the problem. This is where power creep comes from and why it continues to grow. Why should they buff 20+ sets rather than nerf one? This is why the game is in the state it is in. They need to learn to nerf the minority when it is needed and call it a day.
05/15/2019 12:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade
05/14/2019 10:48 PMPosted by JustinFan
Wiz has already beat 138, with chantodo build.

This sort of thing is why Crusaders wondered why Blessed Shield got hit with a nerf.

I think I know why. The devs have this extremely strange preference for builds that require clunky, unnatural mechanics a la Vyr Chantodo, DMO, etc. I think they just want to be hip and extremely edgy and want to differentiate themselves in every way from D2 developers. Most players lie on the other side of the spectrum and prefer actually fun, fluid builds like BS, Multishot, Whirlwind, etc. The devs know that the entire playerbase will flock over to those builds if they make them powerful, so they keep their power levels artificially deflated. It's sad really. Rather than admitting that the builds they've promoted have really sh1tty mechanics, they keep the actual "fun" builds underpowered. Talk about ego.

I got into D3 really late, but I can see why the playerbase is infuriated by the developers of this game. But I guess most of them left the company already, and all we have left is the skeleton crew, haha.
There will never be a balance in d3. Season 17 is coming around the corner. When will people learn
05/16/2019 04:58 AMPosted by Ludens
05/15/2019 12:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade
This sort of thing is why Crusaders wondered why Blessed Shield got hit with a nerf.

I think I know why. The devs have this extremely strange preference for builds that require clunky, unnatural mechanics a la Vyr Chantodo, DMO, etc. I think they just want to be hip and extremely edgy and want to differentiate themselves in every way from D2 developers. Most players lie on the other side of the spectrum and prefer actually fun, fluid builds like BS, Multishot, Whirlwind, etc. The devs know that the entire playerbase will flock over to those builds if they make them powerful, so they keep their power levels artificially deflated. It's sad really. Rather than admitting that the builds they've promoted have really sh1tty mechanics, they keep the actual "fun" builds underpowered. Talk about ego.

I got into D3 really late, but I can see why the playerbase is infuriated by the developers of this game. But I guess most of them left the company already, and all we have left is the skeleton crew, haha.

This could be a reasonable answer.

They have troubles in adding more stashes: it’s obvious that their servers are weak now, unable to bear such calculations coming from AD stacks in high density, for example.

Imagine if they have kept BS at the original stage: in GRs 130+ could have been possible to guarantee the game fluid, without lags or issues? I think probably no.

If somebody has ever tried to run high GRs 4-p, 125+ with not Wizard SP as trash killer, but instead WD or Crusader, can answer himself on why Developers have elected Wizards as the only Class viable to pushes. Substantially lags and freezes everywhere and every moment a big crow of mobs is collected.

The only solution is to give the possibilities to players to take in rent “personal” servers, for their clan. Many servers = less traffic = more power to calculations.

Sadly, they will pursue another road, that of electing 2 classes (Wizs and Necros) much more powerful than other ones. Last two patches and the missed and needed nerf to Wiz SP are clear witnesses of this. This will led to large part of playerbase to play only those 2 classes, leaving other ones in the dust.
05/16/2019 06:43 AMPosted by Dmoney
There will never be a balance in d3. Season 17 is coming around the corner. When will people learn

Now that is the truth, especially if they keep leaving a entire class out of the new Patches.
Well at least no one is complaining about the Barbarians being to strong. But watch out "We will rise again!" in the next Patch or maybe the one after that or probably the one after that but more than likely the one after that or.....
I am hoping they do something with WW barb, like add a damage buff to the BK weapons, and get that building into the 135 range.

My overall stance is still unchanged though, I think the balance point should be GR140-145, and in extreme cases, someone good enough can pull off a solo 150 at some point. A clear plateau, but a hard one to hit solo. That is what gaming is about.
05/16/2019 06:43 AMPosted by Dmoney

There would be if the "highest" level of content was achievable albeit difficult. Like PoE, D2, etc....

Just imagine how bad D2 balance actually is, it just did not have a GR system to show how poor it was overall, and even at that, there was your go-to 3-4 builds for speed/power.
05/16/2019 08:27 AMPosted by Demonmonger
, I think the balance point should be GR140-145

If so GR150 will be speed farm level for groups. This circle never ends.

Big numbers are poison solutions. We should have various builds for both solo and group.
05/16/2019 08:45 AMPosted by JustinFan
05/16/2019 08:27 AMPosted by Demonmonger
, I think the balance point should be GR140-145

If so GR150 will be speed farm level for groups. This circle never ends.

Big numbers are poison solutions. We should have various builds for both solo and group.

It is already nearing that point, and quite frankly, who cares?

These are all fabricated numbers, I think it is dumb game design to have a threshold NOBODY can realistically hit, and it just points out the inequality of class builds. Negative double whammy in my eyes.

D3 design was implemented to fail, this never should have been approved in my opinion. GR's are fun, but the only difference between GR 140 and GR150 is 10. You get nothing special for it, there is nothing different other than numbers....it is all pointless.

We play D3 because it is fun, and I highly doubt less people would have stuck around if 150 was hit a long time ago solo. That was the fun in D2, push the limits with a build, then try another one to push the limits with, and see how far you can take, how innovative you can be.
The original balance point was GR130. If you look at the prior patch, everything was looking to be balanced around there at first. Some builds emerged from the prior patch that weren't really known then.

And really stop calling for buffs to all sets to the new OP level. The highest builds if its just 1 or 2 need to be brought back down if they are stronger. Its far easier to bring a few sets down then to buff all sets up as not every set is created equal when you add %'s onto them. 10% for one build would be the same as 50% for another build. And sets themselve's need not be the tuning point but the legendary powers that help each build instead. If a strong build has a unique leg use, then that legendary can be tuned to not affect any other build.
If they don't nerf Wiz before the season start, is there a chance they nerf them a few days into the season ? I don't really want to play Wiz, but am a bit scared that it's gonna be super hard to find a group (as dps) not being a Wiz, as it stands
you people whine about things being OP ... then you get your nerf, then everything else is buffed then you whine about nerfed things not being OP. gimme a break
05/15/2019 10:39 AMPosted by Dukus
OMG! 138 instead of 132! Done by someone with no life and infinite number of paragons? Omg.... how will I ever compete with that class when all I do is play the game a normal amount and will never get close to those clears anyways?

God reading these boards are hilarious so many cry babies over literally everything.

This is truth, many trolls posts of players with low paragon who complain about 9000+ paragon players, really, why these players where are not competitive that only play causal and has very low paragon they worry or bother the meta or table boards...

This post no have sense and is bad focus, propose how to improve other classes not look how I get angry because a 10,000 paragon player makes a super high Gr level...
05/16/2019 09:25 AMPosted by JavBoc
05/15/2019 10:39 AMPosted by Dukus
OMG! 138 instead of 132! Done by someone with no life and infinite number of paragons? Omg.... how will I ever compete with that class when all I do is play the game a normal amount and will never get close to those clears anyways?

God reading these boards are hilarious so many cry babies over literally everything.

This is truth, many trolls posts of players with low paragon who complain about 9000+ paragon players, really, why these players where are not competitive that only play causal and has very low paragon they worry or bother the meta or table boards...

This post no have sense and is bad focus, propose how to improve other classes not look how I get angry because a 10,000 paragon player makes a super high Gr level...

Truly yours,

- Wizard main
05/16/2019 09:04 AMPosted by Dragonmaster
really stop calling for buffs to all sets to the new OP level.

Unfortunately, some OP wiz don't want to be nerfed.
because a 10,000 paragon player makes a super high Gr level

Chantodo wiz is OP in every aspects.

It is the best build for low-paragon players, for solo-speed farm, it also kills RG fast, one of the RGK.

With seasonal buff, bazooka wiz, skeleton Nec are the only competitors this build.

and is bad focus,

The purpose of this post is not to asking for emergency buff/nerf.

Definitely there are some good changes for this patch, but I just want to start a topic, an important topic: balance. The devs definitely made some very bad decisions without considering current balance of the game.

If they want to buff wiz, they should also buff the weakest class at the same time. Make the weaker much weaker, make the stronger much stronger? Is that a reasonable choice? Are these buff number well-calculated and tested?

No. We had a long testing period to fix this. But the result is disappointing.