Is season 16 being extended?

General Discussion
There is no season 17 preview blog post and there are no updates to the PTR since the buff to Rapid Fire I believe. Also no season 17 start date has been posted AFAIK. Anyone have verifiable info. on the end of S-16 and S-17 start?
No. I know Nev said by tomorrow, but blogs are usually posted on Fridays, so...
they posted it on their facebook page.. 16 ends on sunday may 12th
Season 17 start dates would be good around now. I need to book leave for a break from work so aligning it with season start so I can at least get one more tab on both accounts would be good.
05/09/2019 07:50 PMPosted by SwankyDevil
Season 17 start dates would be good around now. I need to book leave for a break from work so aligning it with season start so I can at least get one more tab on both accounts would be good.

Many people feel the same way you do.

Blizzard doesn't get it!

Effective communication is very important Blizzard!
05/09/2019 05:39 PMPosted by DiabloVern
No. I know Nev said by tomorrow, but blogs are usually posted on Fridays, so...

It should have been LAST friday if it's on the 17th. As Thrall would say, things are looking grim for the 17th. More likely the 24th at this point.
@Kilean/DiabloVern:
Thanks. I purposefully do not visit their official company social media accounts. I visit the official game website and forums for game news. There is a sticky post at the top of this forum, but the established pattern of lead-up to end and start of seasons has been a preview blog post. The blog posts tend to be a week or more before a season ends. The lack of preview blog post, which signals that the patch changes finished, could mean delays or extensions.

@Nevalistist:
No complains from me. Do what you need to do, but please keep us up to speed. SwankyDevil's point is part of why I asked. People actually rearrange their lives to play this game. I usually have the preview blog post bookmarked for a large portion of a season for quick access to it if needed.
Because it was an edit to an existing post, rather than a new post, people may have missed this in the stickied thread regarding the end of Season 16...
    02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
    Edit: Just to clear confusion, May 12 is the final and confirmed end date for Season 16. We'll have more information on Season 17 before the end of this week (week of May 6).
I wonder how late today they'll post it.
I think we will see in 9-10 hours the earliest.

Really was hoping for the 17th, because we waited long enough after the prolonged season 16, but i feel it will be the 24th :(

They post 2 weeks in advance normally so my bet is on the 24th which would be rubbish because of the memorial day weekend. If there is something wrong i doubt they will fix it on memorial day.

So I think its 50/50
17th or 24th.

If they planned to release it later they wouldn´t give us a date today but in a week.

Edit: I think there was a season where the patch went live on tuesday and the season started friday the same week. Totally hoping for next week!
05/10/2019 01:20 AMPosted by Verfall
I think we will see in 9-10 hours the earliest.

Really was hoping for the 17th, because we waited long enough after the prolonged season 16, but i feel it will be the 24th :(

They post 2 weeks in advance normally so my bet is on the 24th which would be rubbish because of the memorial day weekend. If there is something wrong i doubt they will fix it on memorial day.

So I think its 50/50
17th or 24th.

If they planned to release it later they wouldn´t give us a date today but in a week.

Edit: I think there was a season where the patch went live on tuesday and the season started friday the same week. Totally hoping for next week!

No, it's not 50/50.

Only season 15 start had a 5-day break because the was no patch or changes whatsoever.
EVERY other season in the last 3 years had a 12 day break or more!
So season 17 will NOT start before the 24th! There are too many upcoming changes.
05/09/2019 11:38 PMPosted by Meteorblade
I wonder how late today they'll post it.

Obviously at 11:59 PM in the timezone UTC -12
05/10/2019 01:31 AMPosted by Dosperado

This, except I always thought it was a 2 week break
The way some of you carry on I swear you could work for 2 months doing the exact same thing every day and you still go to your boss every day to ask what am I doing today because you didn't tell me yesterday, and if you start at 8 am every day, you turn up at midday and say but you didn't tell me yesterday that I had to turn up at 8 am
05/10/2019 02:11 AMPosted by Steve
05/10/2019 01:31 AMPosted by Dosperado

The way some of you carry on I swear you could work for 2 months doing the exact same thing every day and you still go to your boss every day to ask what am I doing today because you didn't tell me yesterday, and if you start at 8 am every day, you turn up at midday and say but you didn't tell me yesterday that I had to turn up at 8 am

LoL.
Ahem... What is Steve doing?
:^)
05/10/2019 02:11 AMPosted by Steve

Why would you think there'd be two weeks between an event that happens on a Sunday (current season ending) and an event that happens on a Friday (next season starting)?
it's actually funny anyway, they changed like nothing ... they had the chance with the season theme to improve many leg. items ... and they did like nothing ...

made some minor changes, and they sold it like ... woooo we made some big changes ... at least we made a new game :)

The only thing what we know is, that season will end on 12th of may ..

imo, they should make the source code open and let the community make some mods for it ... i'm sure we would get some much more interesting stuff than we've got from Blizzard in the last few years.
@Meteorblade @Steve:

They did post the season end date 2 weeks ago on FB and Twitter, which is why 16 ends on Sunday. Due to issues with the PTR, we didn't see the start date or blog that goes with it that day. Because of that and the feedback the team received (and is still receiving...), the team needed extra time to finalize the patch to the highest standard that Blizz is known for. We will know by the end of business today with either the start date or an update.

Having said that, expect the unexpected. By this, I mean that there might be a different plan in place due to these holdups that may have changed the scheduling of not only the upcoming season, but future seasons as well.
at this rate 5/31 is becoming more and more likely and that would be absolutely pathetic...
12 days is bad enough when they pushed the season out 2 months but with the holiday next week I would not be surprised if they made us wait 19 days for this...
Blizz I find your lack of communication disturbing (just not surprising anymore)
05/10/2019 05:55 AMPosted by Maickel
it's actually funny anyway, they changed like nothing ... they had the chance with the season theme to improve many leg. items ... and they did like nothing ...

made some minor changes, and they sold it like ... woooo we made some big changes ... at least we made a new game :)

The only thing what we know is, that season will end on 12th of may ..

imo, they should make the source code open and let the community make some mods for it ... i'm sure we would get some much more interesting stuff than we've got from Blizzard in the last few years.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's never going to happen, Those changes are why it's taking so long, and while everyone is equally holding their breath... In the long run, we are going to enjoy those changes.
Because of the Memorial Day Holiday season 17 probably will not start till May 31st
05/10/2019 06:18 AMPosted by BIGBOBBYK
Because of the Memorial Day Holiday season 17 probably will not start till May 31st

This. I dont think they will start a season with the Blizzard-office being closed :P