[2.6.5] (S17) Changes + Builds

Wizard
Added solo push build by Lo0Lo0 to the OP:

[2.6.5] (GR130+) Vyr Fire / Lightning Chantodo Primus Solo Push
  • https://youtu.be/YKjeLFVxgxQ

Very slick configuration for the multi-element. Dropping Karini for RoRG will lower toughness but with Primus + APDs, allow with high skill to both survive and gain advantage from the double stacked slow time instances.

This build spends more time outside archon as compared to the Cold build, but has CDR synced up with CoE and benefits from both the Fire and Lighting CoE phases per cycle.

On the surface looks to be performing up to 2 GRs stronger than Cold, however, my opinion is that this build will require both very high paragon and skill to clear higher than Cold (I think players with paragon lower than 2500 might be better off running Cold).
Nice!

I wondered how long it would take for someone to try that. Definitely not the build for me!
05/17/2019 01:52 PMPosted by Cratic

Very slick configuration for the multi-element. Dropping Karini for RoRG will lower toughness but with Primus + APDs, allow with high skill to both survive and gain advantage from the double stacked slow time instances.

Interesting. Not the first time I've seen Flame Blades make a meta-changing appearance. I never liked Primus as a legendary, but this build makes it go. I knew OoID had a spot in the meta!

It's humbling to note how much *better* at the game certain players are. I managed a meager 120, but with paragon 1650 and 3 Augments.
05/17/2019 01:52 PMPosted by Cratic

This build spends more time outside archon as compared to the Cold build, but has CDR synced up with CoE and benefits from both the Fire and Lighting CoE phases per cycle.

On the surface looks to be performing up to 2 GRs stronger than Cold, however, my opinion is that this build will require both very high paragon and skill to clear higher than Cold (I think players with paragon lower than 2500 might be better off running Cold).

Just to add to this, I originally suggested the fire/lightning build the last day of ptr utilizing a couple of tankier setups here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771626967

These setups offer more toughness via karini or aquila+teleport which are very good for lower paragon users who feel too squishy with the standard cold build using coe or this primus variant.

I previously tested primus as well, with the difference being a significant survivability loss outside archon mainly for the attack speed bonus (as you would be trading strongarm bracers for apd/blood bracer to make up some of the toughness loss). I do agree that the toughness is less of an issue at higher paragon.

Glad to see it caught on as a potentially stronger push build though. Cheers!
It's an exciting return for the multi-element I agree.

I do remember seeing the clears from PTR with the multi-element, but all were using Karini as I recall.

The RoRG+Primus seems to make the difference as far as power is concerned with the build. That's why it will be limited to high skill and require a higher paragon more likely.

Nonetheless, very exciting!

@MajinRyan - Thank you for sharing your experience with the build and confirming expectations with paragon. I agree, Karini, Teleport + Aquila seem like good alternate options for lower paragon, but would likely push lower than a Cold Vyr Setup with those swaps (good for practice though I expect). While strongarms helps out more in this build than with the Cold because of stacking so much damage in those first ~7 seconds, the added attack speed, damage, toughness, and utility of Primus is undeniable.
Cratic can you clear something up for me please?

With the chantado element bug how exactly does the lightning/fire variant work? Did the bug get fixed so it's dynamic now and the archon rune doesnt matter? It was my understanding that with the bug, and selecting fire rune like Loo did, the entire concept of the build would fall apart.

I never saw anyone saying that the bug was fixed.
The bug still exists. With the fire/lightning build :
-During COE fire you get 49% elemental damage (19% fire from gear and 30% fire from flame blades)
-During COE lightning you get 19% elemental damage (19%fire from gear, yes fire while chantodo wave is lightning, nice bug :) )

You don't benefit at all from the 20% lightning from gear, it's only used to swap element for COE, but you still benefit from the 19%fire from gear during the lightning COE because of the archon combustion.

To summarize, chantodo wave element type is defined by your highest elemental damage.
The chantodo wave element damage calculation depends on the archon rune you have selected no matter what the highest elemental damage you have on gear.
Great post! I play Wizard this season because of all these fun and challenging builds.